So... Myers is gone, right?

253hawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2c5qmdrw said:
Who is out there though? Kicking seems poor across the board today.

I noticed the guy we tried out missed at least 1 kick for the jets today. Ficken?

I'll take Carli Lloyd at this point.

It looked like Metcalf purposely ran to the left hash, and Myers still pushed it wide right.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Need to go the Dickson route and draft a kicker.

seabowl

Reaction score
It's not his leg but his head. He'll be fine.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pete after the game said he's our kicker and although he had a bad day he has confidence in him.

Coach speak perhaps but he can be a good kicker. However this season he's been hit and miss.

who would be the replacement for the rest of the season.

today was fugly indeed, and he almost cost the team the game, after leaving 7 easy points off the scoreboard.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
This thread is so indicative of todays culture. The guy had a bad game and he should be thrown out according to everyone here. Likewise if someone has a great game they are the second coming of christ. Yes he had a god awful day. Normally he is an average kicker. Everyone want to just get rid of an average kicker for a bad day. I am so glad you all are not on any team of mine. So much for loyalty. I guess we shoudl get rid of him and find anyone to replace him so they can have a bad game and we keep repeating until 5 years from now we find a great kicker until they have a bad game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I like Pete and how he always has his players back, but Myers has to go. If we lost, this game could have cost us the playoffs. Myers is clearly feeling the nerves, and I’d much rather have a kicker go into the next game with full confidence. Even his makes barely went in. Pats cut their kicker after a few poor games, we should do the same.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":10eqdery said:
This thread is so indicative of todays culture. The guy had a bad game and he should be thrown out according to everyone here. Likewise if someone has a great game they are the second coming of christ. Yes he had a god awful day. Normally he is an average kicker. Everyone want to just get rid of an average kicker for a bad day. I am so glad you all are not on any team of mine. So much for loyalty. I guess we shoudl get rid of him and find anyone to replace him so they can have a bad game and we keep repeating until 5 years from now we find a great kicker until they have a bad game.

You think this is about one game? Did you just start watching this week? He's paid like a top kicker, but currently ranks 21st in the NFL with a 76.9%. He has only made 50% of his attempts over 40 yards. That's inexcusable at his salary, and if we're going to play so many close games, we need a kicker we can actually rely on. The way our defense was playing today, it may have cost us the game against a 2-5 team had we not won the OT coin toss.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Myers looked either injured or ill today. Balance issues from a flu bug? Every kick looked different, no consistency.

emurri

Reaction score
BigMeach":13878o33 said:
I'm not happy with him, who is...

With that said, sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side.

Remember when Hausch money had that bad half a season or so? We got rid of him for it...

Never been the same.

Sometimes you just gotta ride it out, we'll see what they decide to do. At least we don't have to make these decisions or take the blame for them.

I totally agree. It has been upsetting but he has yet to cost us a game like the past few kickers. He does need to be better. Where the kicks he missed all going in the same direction today?

emurri

Reaction score
zchurch74":2ni6hzka said:
We need to draft the kick from Georgia. I’m pretty sure he is a senior. The guy is really good and has made a few 50+ field goals in his career.
He has been good but he did cost them a game though. Myers hasn't yet. I agree with someone that said this seems to be a bad year for kickers. I mean some of the best in history have been horrid this year. I think we should just stick with him.

Boycie

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2g3agh7b said:
Who is out there though? Kicking seems poor across the board today.

I noticed the guy we tried out missed at least 1 kick for the jets today. Ficken?

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like kickers have gotten worse over the last couple of years.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Seabass, and now Meyers. Could it be that Dickson can't hold for squat? I haven't heard anything about ball placements. Might be something to consider...

zchurch74

Reaction score
It seems since they moved the PAT back kickers have struggled. I think that was a great rule change.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
nwHawk":1ue0aean said:
Seabass, and now Meyers. Could it be that Dickson can't hold for squat? I haven't heard anything about ball placements. Might be something to consider...

After every miss they they showed a reply of the hold and they were all perfect.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1191204652559273984[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/stat ... 2559273984

Pete Carroll volunteered support for Jason Myers after the Seahawks' kicker went 2 of 4 on field goals and missed a PAT Sunday. Myers' miss from 40 yards out would have won the game in regulation. He's now 12 of 17 this year. "He's our kicker," Carroll said. "It didn't go right today for him, but it's going to." Myers is in the first year of a four-year, $15.45 million deal that includes $7 million guaranteed, so Seattle doesn't have much choice for now but to ride it out and hope he improves.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Barakas":g5rrpka1 said:
Pete just said on the radio that Myers is "our kicker". "It didn't go right today but it will"

So...as we thought.
I would have loved to have cut him after the missed xtra point, but the problem is your only option is to sign someone off the street. And the question then is, is anyone on the street unemployed better than him? If not, what are you to do?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Could it be that our ST coaching don’t know how to deal with kickers who have confidence issues? Could it be they don’t know what they are doing?

One the usual suspects will naturally blame Pete for 7 missed points.