So, now that the new look has settled...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire":21xvaux0 said:
I run a 1920x1200 monitor, and allthough its skinny, its not bothersome at all to me.

I also use it on the ipad, where it fits perfectly. I wouldnt underestimate the mobile users. They will only continue to grow as tablets become more common place.

I'm not underestimating them. I'm telling them to use Tapatalk. Faster and more efficient than viewing it in a browser, anyways. (I use it regularly.)

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2583ojub said:
Cartire":2583ojub said:
I run a 1920x1200 monitor, and allthough its skinny, its not bothersome at all to me.

I also use it on the ipad, where it fits perfectly. I wouldnt underestimate the mobile users. They will only continue to grow as tablets become more common place.

I'm not underestimating them. I'm telling them to use Tapatalk. Faster and more efficient than viewing it in a browser, anyways. (I use it regularly.)

Not a fan of TapaTalk. I dont like the layout of the messages. I enjoy seeing the design of the site. Works flawlessly in browser. I dont feel like im suffering on the pc. Just a good fit.

I can see why others would want it differently.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire":2bmli9vz said:
Not a fan of TapaTalk. I dont like the layout of the messages. I enjoy seeing the design of the site. Works flawlessly in browser. I dont feel like im suffering on the pc. Just a good fit.

*shrug*

I'm all about efficiency. Mobile users can choose to not use Tapatalk. People on real computers don't have the choice of a more efficient layout. ;)

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm being a whiny *****, it's not a big deal to me, I just figured I'd chime in since the thread asked.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
First off, a very good overhaul, just a few things.

My short list, all on a PC/Laptop display:

1 - when first launched there was an indicator, a small brown clipboard if I remember correctly, that would show on the left side of the thread if you had ANY posts on that thread. That is now gone and there is no way to tell if I have ever added a post to a thread or not. This feature is standard on almost every forum site I go on so I am assuming it is turned off for some reason. The shield does turn white just after adding a post, but once someone else ads another post the shield now goes back to the regular blue.

2 - When first launched the feature of taking you to your last read post in a thread when you clicked on a thread was active assuming you were logged on to your account, you did NOT have to click the little red button to do it, it was automatic. This feature has been turned off and you must use the little red button to go to the last read post, kind of annoying.

3 - It would be nice to have the schedule across the top of the screen like you had a few years ago.

That's it for now, once again great job.

GO HAWKS!!!

Anguish

Reaction score
Aros":2hftrbfu said:
Anguish will be able to provide the update on that since all entries have to go through him, but I agree.

No update from me. Haven't received one submission. :Dunno:

RolandDeschain":2hftrbfu said:
Cartire":2hftrbfu said:

*shrug*

I'm all about efficiency. Mobile users can choose to not use Tapatalk. People on real computers don't have the choice of a more efficient layout. ;)

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm being a whiny *****, it's not a big deal to me, I just figured I'd chime in since the thread asked.

If Tapatalk doesn't get their security, and QA issues resolved pretty quickly, mobile users may not have a choice as to whether they use Tapatalk on .NET.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Anguish":1ayyo4k3 said:
If Tapatalk doesn't get their security, and QA issues resolved pretty quickly, mobile users may not have a choice as to whether they use Tapatalk on .NET.

That would really be unfortunate, but I hear ya.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
12HawkFan":38yre14q said:
.....when first launched there was an indicator, a small brown clipboard if I remember correctly, that would show on the left side of the thread if you had ANY posts on that thread. That is now gone and there is no way to tell if I have ever added a post to a thread or not. This feature is standard on almost every forum site I go on so I am assuming it is turned off for some reason. The shield does turn white just after adding a post, but once someone else ads another post the shield now goes back to the regular blue.....
Like others have said on this thread, this is my one major complaint. Was always easy to see the threads you've posted in before the overhaul. Looking forward to that being the case again.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Whoa, awesome. When did the "Minimal" board theme option get added to the Board Preferences? This is just the light-colored theme I've been looking for and no browser add-ons needed!

crucifyd

Reaction score
Aros":386yo60s said:
The font bothers me still. Not a fan. I prefer cleaner-looking fonts like Arial, Helvetica, et al, but admittedly that could be just me.

nope, not just you ...I agree here...preferred whatever the previous font was.

easier to read...

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I would just like the font color to be brighter and more of a contrast from the background, seems darker than with the old version IMO.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
I love most everything about the new layout and interface ...

But what about the buttons that would take you to the top or bottom of the thread, thus eliminating the need to scroll?

They were signified as 2 vertical arrows (up / down) around the lower corner of each post, ... or are they there and I'm just missing them in the new version?

My only other bitch:

I don't like the new picture at the top of the front page either. I mean it's o.k. and no disrespect to those who made it, but I just don't think it's worthy of being the banner that everyone sees when they come to our site, it's like high school notebook art, no depth, really 2 dimensional, IMO.

Some of the folks here do some really sick CG art, would have liked them all to have participated. Wish we could have had more choices and done it like a tournament, like the Madden cover vote ...

I'm way off of what is being asked here though, sorry Aros ...