So proud of this fanbase

NYCoug

Reaction score
I gotta be honest, during the middle of last season, I was starting to get concerned with the behavior of my fellow 12th Man. Both at home and on the road I was starting to notice signs that we were headed the way of the douche ala Cowboys, Steelers, Niners, Pats fans and all the other dynasties before us. Yeah, we're going to be a dynasty, what else did you think?! Anyways, I feared that, with winning a Super Bowl and even more fans hopping on the bandwagon, that we would become even worse and more insufferable. My fears grew even more after the organization started making the attempt to shift to 12's, creating a goon squad-like mentality that would be horrendous for opposing fans and home fans at the CLink alike. Those were my fears about the fanbase heading into this season...

I must say though, I am extremely impressed and extremely proud with what I've been seeing from Seahawks fans this season. So far, every single opposing fan that I've spoken to has spoken EXTREMELY highly about their experience at the CLink. Every single one, I'm not kidding. I look around, and I see swarms of Seahawks fans telling Packers/Broncos fans "good game" and just being good people in general. Also, everyone's focus is on the action on the field. There might be a little playful banter here and there, which is a must at a football game and is to be expected if you're an opposing fan, but Seahawks fans are mostly focusing all of their energy on the game, supporting the team, and having a good time.

I've got to say, I'm loving what I'm seeing. Keep up the excellent work, everybody. I don't know if it's the fact that we lost our Super Bowl V Card or the legalization of marijuana, but Seattle's gameday culture and the CLink have become the crown jewel of the NFL. The people of Seattle (Washington State, BC, wherever you are from) and Seahawks fans have a lot to do with that.

Take a bow everyone, and thank you. I'm really proud to see this day. Not only is our team extremely badass, but our fans are top class as well. I'm sure not all would agree, but who cares, we know what's really up. Great game yesterday, GO Hawks!

:thirishdrinkers:

kearly

Reaction score
I'm also impressed that the twelves have remained hardcore despite all the success which would mellow out other fanbases.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I've never understood the whole over-the-top trash talk and fighting that goes on amongst some fan bases...at the end of the day, were all football fans. With that said, let me say that most of the Chargers fans were really cool too. Shook hands with all the ones around me and they all were gracious in their victory.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Since I haven't been to a game since the 90's, the only complaint I have is that yesterday it seemed like every time a TV camera panned to a group shot of the stands (when Denver had the ball), only two or three people were yelling their heads off and the rest were just standing there. The silent ones weren't wearing orange, either. :| But I'm glad to hear they were polite to the orange-clad fans. There looked to be quite a few.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I'll pass judgment when the 9ers come to town. ;)

tooshort

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":1h3y1b5g said:
Since I haven't been to a game since the 90's, the only complaint I have is that yesterday it seemed like every time a TV camera panned to a group shot of the stands (when Denver had the ball), only two or three people were yelling their heads off and the rest were just standing there. The silent ones weren't wearing orange, either. :| But I'm glad to hear they were polite to the orange-clad fans. There looked to be quite a few.

I will admit that there were a few more "silent types" than usual but that goes with the 1pm start in the hottest Seattle home game ever, the fact that tickets were $$$$ so more regulars sold their tix than normal and also the no huddle(no time to rest your throat) offense that Denver was running.

I agree with NyCoug that the atmosphere has been refreshing this year, hopefully it stays that way when we get into the bleak "suicide winter" time o' year. :angry017:

Hawks46

Reaction score
NYCoug":2j0njmu9 said:
I gotta be honest, during the middle of last season, I was starting to get concerned with the behavior of my fellow 12th Man. Both at home and on the road I was starting to notice signs that we were headed the way of the douche ala Cowboys, Steelers, Niners, Pats fans and all the other dynasties before us. Yeah, we're going to be a dynasty, what else did you think?! Anyways, I feared that, with winning a Super Bowl and even more fans hopping on the bandwagon, that we would become even worse and more insufferable. My fears grew even more after the organization started making the attempt to shift to 12's, creating a goon squad-like mentality that would be horrendous for opposing fans and home fans at the CLink alike. Those were my fears about the fanbase heading into this season...

I must say though, I am extremely impressed and extremely proud with what I've been seeing from Seahawks fans this season. So far, every single opposing fan that I've spoken to has spoken EXTREMELY highly about their experience at the CLink. Every single one, I'm not kidding. I look around, and I see swarms of Seahawks fans telling Packers/Broncos fans "good game" and just being good people in general. Also, everyone's focus is on the action on the field. There might be a little playful banter here and there, which is a must at a football game and is to be expected if you're an opposing fan, but Seahawks fans are mostly focusing all of their energy on the game, supporting the team, and having a good time.

I've got to say, I'm loving what I'm seeing. Keep up the excellent work, everybody. I don't know if it's the fact that we lost our Super Bowl V Card or the legalization of marijuana, but Seattle's gameday culture and the CLink have become the crown jewel of the NFL. The people of Seattle (Washington State, BC, wherever you are from) and Seahawks fans have a lot to do with that.

Take a bow everyone, and thank you. I'm really proud to see this day. Not only is our team extremely badass, but our fans are top class as well. I'm sure not all would agree, but who cares, we know what's really up. Great game yesterday, GO Hawks!

:thirishdrinkers:

It's easy to be gracious when you win. Let's see the same reaction if we lose. It is good to hear that our fanbase is gracious to others though. It's one of the reasons I want to see a game at Lambeau. From what I've heard, it's like a Football Temple and the fans are pretty awesome to others.