So the Panthers defense?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
googoodan":32z3g1aw said:
CANHawk":32z3g1aw said:
But but but, I thought Luke whassisname was the greatest defensive player of all time... surely his greatness can overcome the absence of one little old Hardy!

That's what the media has led me to believe anyway.

If you talk to enough Panthers fans, many will tell you Luke is only the second best linebacker on the team. Thomas Davis was not his usual self on SNF. Those two feed off one another - when one is off, the other will look horrible. Luke looked out of place most of the game.
I don't think the Steelers outsmarted him; he just didn't have Thomas Davis feeding everything his way.

Some of our fans have a complex about Wagner being drafted after Kuechly and not getting DROY honors. It's kind of like the thing with Russell Wislon and Andrew Luck. They'll talk about the "media bias" or the "media narrative" then continue to give ESPN or whoever they're irritated with more money by clicking on or watching their products.

ringless

Reaction score
Since the Panthers are playing an AFC team, they need to lose today....

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2y18w2iu said:
googoodan":2y18w2iu said:
CANHawk":2y18w2iu said:
But but but, I thought Luke whassisname was the greatest defensive player of all time... surely his greatness can overcome the absence of one little old Hardy!

If you talk to enough Panthers fans, many will tell you Luke is only the second best linebacker on the team. Thomas Davis was not his usual self on SNF. Those two feed off one another - when one is off, the other will look horrible. Luke looked out of place most of the game.
I don't think the Steelers outsmarted him; he just didn't have Thomas Davis feeding everything his way.

Some of our fans have a complex about Wagner being drafted after Kuechly and not getting DROY honors. It's kind of like the thing with Russell Wislon and Andrew Luck. They'll talk about the "media bias" or the "media narrative" then continue to give ESPN or whoever they're irritated with more money by clicking on or watching their products.

I completely agree with your sentiment. It will never change if people continue to support the NFL and ESPN.

The problem is the NFL and ESPN have completely monopolized the sport and sports telecasting. Yeah, fans can check out blogs and websites that are independent, but the vast majority of fans just won't seek them out.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2lm66ro5 said:
Panthers are getting rekt by the Ravens today. Not worried about them at all. We should win every game until we see the niners on Thanksgiving. Then we might have a bit of a challenge.

Steve Smith with 5 catches for 122 yards and 2 TDs, at the half. As if he could play any more pissed off.

ringless

Reaction score
As predicted blood and guts there were... Great game by Steve! Thanks for handing an NFC team a much needed loss!

ctrcat

Reaction score
Welp. Fool me once shame on you, but that's twice in two weeks. The Panthers clearly appear to need a healthy Thomas Davis and Hardy to not only be elite, but to even be average. I'm surprised at how bad it was, but 2-2 with two losses to AFC teams and a beatable Bears team at home await. Go Vikings and Cowboys.

googoodan

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1nkk8sue said:
googoodan":1nkk8sue said:
CANHawk":1nkk8sue said:

Yes, I've lurked .NET enough to know that Hawks fans and Whiner fans are bitter about Kuechly's DPOY award. But considering all three teams were truly elite defenses last season and both the Niners and Hawks had more players with familiar names -- many of the media voters probably voted Kuechly simply because of our "no name" defense last year.

Wilson is better than Luck... no doubt about that. Wilson doesn't have the luxury of padding his stats against the worst division in football while looking average against everyone else. I think the big media misconception about Wilson is that the Hawks don't necessarily need him to put up 300 yards and 3 TDs week in and week out. However, I personally have no doubt Wilson could do just that if he was needed.

ctrcat

Reaction score
CANHawk":2v3gpvcv said:
I am never wrong. Kuechly is the most overrated player ever.

FWIW he had 15 tackles in a must win game yesterday and leads the league with 61, which at this pace would give him slightly more than 195 tackles-a new NFL record.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CANHawk":390s6042 said:

Welcome to your first time being wrong then.

Keuchly is a defensive version of Russell Wilson, an undersized player at his position that has the heart of a lion, and work ethic and intelligence to be arguably the best player at his position.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":avzzckpr said:
CANHawk":avzzckpr said:

Welcome to your first time being wrong then.

Keuchly is a defensive version of Russell Wilson, an undersized player at his position that has the heart of a lion, and work ethic and intelligence to be arguably the best player at his position.
pffft. Whatever. Makes all those tackles 10 yards down field after they've already got the first down. Boring...

ctrcat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":y89dgqz7 said:
ctrcat":y89dgqz7 said:
CANHawk":y89dgqz7 said:

FWIW he had 15 tackles in a must win game yesterday and leads the league with 61, which at this pace would give him slightly more than 195 tackles-a new NFL record.
Please read this: http://www.thefootballeducator.com/impa ... stics-nfl/

No offense to the source but I couldn't finish reading because a Boise St vs Nevada ad kept popping up after multiple tries. Not saying PFF is the end-all-be-all either, but they were impressed with his week 5 performance if nothing else.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -week-5/2/

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ OK, the Boise St vs Nevada ad went down just long enough for me to see multiple misspellings of the word Kuechly. Sharp Mr. Educator, real sharp.

googoodan

Reaction score
STATKUECHLYBOWMANWILLISTHOMASCHANCELLORSHERMAN
TOTAL TACKLES1561451041059948
SOLO9312082786532
ASSIST632522273210
SACKS253000
TFL1067051
FF042210
INT420538
PD7819616

IMO, Bowman probably should have been DPOY but Luke was really the only competition.

Overrated? No. Come on, don't stoop to Patriots' level of homerism.

ctrcat

Reaction score
CANHawk":dnnm2ljn said:
ctrcat":dnnm2ljn said:
^ Plus plays like this that don't show up in the stats sheet. http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/to ... up-the-rb/
God you guys impress too easily. So he knocked over a 200 lb off balance rb. Let’s name a trophy after him! Geez...

Truthfully I think he played poorly the two weeks prior. He clearly is better with Thomas Davis back, and also likely realized that the Bears was a must win game. When you look at the total picture however-his age, measurables, instincts, and production both on and off the stats sheet, in no way is he overrated.

Latest posts