So...they blacked out Fairbanks, Alaska again

jonkchar

Reaction score
Sorry about that. I have GCI in Anchorage. I started watching NFL Network and I realized I was watching a Football Life. Checked Fox, and they were showing golf. It wasn't until 15 minutes into the game that someone said they were showing the game on the CW channel.
Really hope the game on Thursday is shown without a hitch. I remember last Thursday trying to watch the New England/New Orleans preseason game, only to find out it was blacked out (wtf).
Do Fairbanks 12s ever get together?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm still not convinced Fairbanks is a real place.

A

Anonymous

UK_Seahawk":2yrdqw42 said:

It better be, it's listed as my place of birth on my birth certificate.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jonkchar":1q0yq93n said:
Sorry about that. I have GCI in Anchorage. I started watching NFL Network and I realized I was watching a Football Life. Checked Fox, and they were showing golf. It wasn't until 15 minutes into the game that someone said they were showing the game on the CW channel.
Really hope the game on Thursday is shown without a hitch. I remember last Thursday trying to watch the New England/New Orleans preseason game, only to find out it was blacked out (wtf).
Do Fairbanks 12s ever get together?

I almost had that issue, because when I went to set up my recording the only network on the schedule was the NFL Network. I was sure there'd be a local coverage though, so the morning of the game I checked and found it on the CW. Glad I did too, because my morning errands ran longer than I'd hoped and I had to start the game about 30 minutes in.

The same company owns the local (Anchorage) ABC, FOX and CW, so they can put it on whichever channel suits their needs, so be sure to check each of them leading up to game time. According to what I've seen on the guides, it's scheduled to be on FOX here in Anchorage tomorrow. All the games are on the local FM station 102.1 as well if you're having issues with the tv.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
kidhawk":ujd744wa said:
ivotuk":ujd744wa said:
Absolutley ridiculous! The game wasn't on until 9:00PM last night! So I still haven't seen it.

I wonder if they'll black out the TNF game? This has been going on for several years and I still haven't gotten a reasonable explanation from Directv. Likely because they have no idea why either. &&%*#&@#^% :evil:

I mentioned this in another thread earlier, and it's not directv, it's not dish network and it's not the NFL Network that are to blame.

Pre season games are sold exclusively to local markets. An Alaska network (your alaska link is what they call themselves) which own stations in Anchorage and Juneau (I thought they used to own a station in Fairbanks, but I'm not finding it atm) bought the rights to air those games in Alaska. This means that the feeds from NFL Network to Alaska won't carry the Seahawks pre season game live whenever that network is airing them, and thus the blackout.

It won't affect TNF, as the NFLN has deals worked out between themselves, CBS and NBC to air the games.

Thank you David. You're on the ball as usual. One would think that it would be much easier to find out this information instead of it being a state secret. What BS.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":37j738lp said:
UK_Seahawk":37j738lp said:

Really? No wonder you and I get along, Mine is Ladd AFB. But it's not on a map anymore. They even demolished the hospital I was born in. I mean, was I really that bad? Now they're blacking out my favorite team?

By the way...

[youtube]2VN0HL5cT-M[/youtube]

He just needs to ask Ozzy, he's been here several times. :greetingsearthling:

A

Anonymous

Ft. Wainright, in 6 feet of snow, and my first baby pictures of me are in Santa Claus colors.

Well, technically all those pics are in grayscale, but...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2w4pid7d said:
UK_Seahawk":2w4pid7d said:

How can any real place be further north than North Pole? It sounds like Shangri-La to me.

A

Anonymous

UK_Seahawk":1qnphukn said:
HoustonHawk82":1qnphukn said:
UK_Seahawk":1qnphukn said:

How can any real place be further north than North Pole? It sounds like Shangri-La to me.

Since the highway pretty much ends there, you're not far off. I don't think it was even paved the whole way until the early 90's.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I haven't tried it but a friend of mine that travels for work swears by his amazon fire stick. He has an app on it called kodie and he says he can get any game anywhere he is?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
According to what I am seeing for tonight...you all get packers raiders on channel abc. NFLN has seachickens for you tonight. Not over the air tv, but cable from what I saw. Good luck guys.

Gonna have to rethink this, I thought that HH was hatched. ????? :rumble:

253hawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1xjxs5xs said:
I haven't tried it but a friend of mine that travels for work swears by his amazon fire stick. He has an app on it called kodie and he says he can get any game anywhere he is?

It's similar to a Roku, all you need is a wifi connection and an international version of GamePass (or equivalent).

That's how I'm rolling until this stupid FOX thing with Dish is resolved.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1ing08zh said:
According to what I am seeing for tonight...you all get packers raiders on channel abc. NFLN has seachickens for you tonight. Not over the air tv, but cable from what I saw. Good luck guys.

Gonna have to rethink this, I thought that HH was hatched. ????? :rumble:

Although it may say NFLN is showing it, it's highly likely that it will be blacked out, as the same company bought the rights to all the pre season games. They seem to have put Fairbanks in a black hole up there. I'm wondering if whoever runs local Fairbanks market doesn't quite grasp the idea that the Seahawks are kinda popular up there or maybe he just doesn't like them.

One thing though, for those with NFL Network, they do replay the games at some point, so it's possible to still watch them, just not live. I have no idea why they don't play the games there. It makes zero sense, because we get all the games in Anchorage. The only regular season games we haven't been getting are the occasional CBS games. That affiliate seems to prefer any other team besides the Seahawks. There are usually two of those games per year and it seems one is on and one isn't.