So this is the guy we're adding to our stacked roster? P.H.?

sutz

Reaction score
I can see part of his 'problem.' He runs (or tries to) bigger than he is. He should probably be taught to try and avoid some of those hits. I know, hard to do, but if he could be a bit more durable it would help. He's a tough guy, but he should talk to Wilson about how to protect himself a bit more.

Laloosh

Reaction score
sutz":ig5725qe said:
I can see part of his 'problem.' He runs (or tries to) bigger than he is. He should probably be taught to try and avoid some of those hits. I know, hard to do, but if he could be a bit more durable it would help. He's a tough guy, but he should talk to Wilson about how to protect himself a bit more.

Not to venture off-topic but isn't his hip injury more of a "hey, this guy's hips just aren't really built right and all of this running has really screwed one of them up"? I don't think it was a result of getting hit.

sutz

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2p8p93px said:
sutz":2p8p93px said:

Not to venture off-topic but isn't his hip injury more of a "hey, this guy's hips just aren't really built right and all of this running has really screwed one of them up"? I don't think it was a result of getting hit.
Well, I can't say that his hip injury was due to hits or wear, but he took a lot of shots in that short clip, and I think it might behoove him to avoid some of them better.

:229031_shrug:

lsheldon

Reaction score
I can't find a single thread at blackandgold or 49erswebzone on Harvin coming back to practice. Whiners fans are probably too busy posting in the 1194 page Krappernick thread, but you would think there would be something at blackandgold. Especially considering that if they win this weekend they come here next.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The Outfield":ha7z11b6 said:
BlueThunder,

Percy Harvin is a wide receiver for the Seattle Seahawks and was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in 2009.

LMAO! Oh, I gotcha Outfield.... I see what ya did there...

(inside joke) ;)

Greenhell

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3opkaf9e said:
The returns at 2:03 and 2:40 are just... :229031_faint:

Damn! The 2:40 return is unbelievable! How does he accelerate so damn fast?! It's not like the guys in th NFL can't run. Many have incredible speed. He doesn't look human. :shock:

Seahawkx

Reaction score
Greenhell":1dqoovxn said:
E.C. Laloosh":1dqoovxn said:
The returns at 2:03 and 2:40 are just... :229031_faint:

Damn! The 2:40 return is unbelievable! How does he accelerate so damn fast?! It's not like the guys in th NFL can't run. Many have incredible speed. He doesn't look human. :shock:

Exactly my thought. Thats just Insane.. I hope he still has this acceleration after this injury and time off.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I remember watching him in college and thinking that he was just a flash in the pan that would be average in the pros. Then seeing him paired up with Rice and Favre and asking myself "why cant we have a guy like that?" I was jealous of the Vikes, while we were courting an aging Housh and Deion Branch.

The guy is ridiculous. In settings that he didn't even have a quality passer he was making huge plays all the time. To really get an idea of his speed, watch the return against AZ, where the ball is kicked to the end zone and he navigates through defenders on his way to the house in 10 seconds per the clock. World class sprinters in blocks and track shoes run in that range. PH has football pads on, has to catch the ball, starts from a standing position and navigates through the AZ special teams in literally 10 seconds.
He makes EVERYONE else look slow, in my 46 years of life and 40 of watching football he is by far the fastest guy in pads I have ever seen, but that is just scraping the surface. He seeks contact at times like Lynch, breaks tackles and leaves defenders looking like fools. Then he catches everything. I have seen him with the Baldwin toe tap, the over the shoulder catch, the catch in traffic, the dive and the leap over the defender catch.

Percy Harvin on this team is literally like nitrous. They already have the plays setup, Tate runs them all the time and he makes it happen to his own credit, but Harvin is next level.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
lsheldon":10s7ku4c said:
I can't find a single thread at blackandgold or 49erswebzone on Harvin coming back to practice. Whiners fans are probably too busy posting in the 1194 page Krappernick thread, but you would think there would be something at blackandgold. Especially considering that if they win this weekend they come here next.

They have other games to play. Screw the Niner fans, who cares what they think? If they even mentioned it the average Niner fan would just blow it off as some joke and diminish the impact Harvin can have on the field anyways.

They know who he is and what he can do, but they won't admit it. After all, they have Crabtree the savior of all dontchaknow. They will claim that Crabtree changes the entire offense into a juggernaut, but that Harvin won't add anything to the Hawks system.

It doesn't matter though, both those teams are more worried about their upcoming games more than anything else.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
YOU CAN'T STOP PERCY HARVIN!

I can't wait to see him play. If he was here since week 11 we would be landslide favorites. I'll take 80% PH and feel really good about it.

Bring on any team! Let's do this thing...

Go Hawks!

Maxman186

Reaction score
It's like Marshawn, Golden, and Doug all in one to create a perfect receiver

kinesmajor

Reaction score
His yards after contact…wow for a guy with that speed and moves to be able to break tackles….

Njhawkboss

Reaction score
Not to mention the crazy plays he will make when he hears the 12th man rooting him on!!!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":21wglrjg said:
He's Golden Tate with afterburners. Can you imagine the added swag our offense will have with him in there? I've watched this clip before, but this time I turned off the sound to totally home-in on his play. I recommend and approve this method, LOL! Such awesomeness. I think Tate has the edge on jump balls and durability, but OMG does Percy bring it everywhere else!
They are similar in many ways,at ND Tate was their Harvin..He started off being a rb,was changed to wr..Always returned kicks..Their speed is obviously different
but Tate is fast and in my view till this year the Hawks have really not used him enough for the tools Tate has..The PH vid is good,can't wait for his Hawk highlight video to come out..

Brett

Reaction score
Well first off, I would like to thank BlueThunder for giving me credit for posting this I am sure I wasn't the first and won't be the last to do so . When I watch this it just amazes me the break away speed he leaves guys 20+ yards in the dust. Plus watch the greenbay guys all smash each other he makes secondary's look like the 3 stooges running around. I absolutely can not wait to hear Steve Raibel freak out on a call or two !!!!

GO HAWKS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1pgvgzbr said:
Did you really not know before this? There's a reason for all the fuss. He's a ridiculous football player.
It's the reason I am frustrated with the haters but watching that hammers it home how unique a talent he is. Also his top gear has no term to give it justice.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
As a lot of people have already said, there is a reason that Pete Carroll and John Schneider traded 3 draft choices to get this guy.

See if this puts things in to perspective -- last year, Percy Harvin was #5 in the NFL in Yards After the Catch (he gained 551 YAC) at a clip of 8.9 YAC. He had 677 Yards in total on 62 Catches and was being talked about as being an MVP Candidate.

Now think about all of that for just a second. That was on a Minnesota team with a QB (Ponder) who had a crappy arm. The Viking Offense with him was basically to just throw little smoke screens to him at or behind the Line of Scrimmage and let Percy do his thing -- and the numbers absolutely show that. The average distance of the passes thrown to him (through the air) last year -- just 2.03 Yards/Reception. 551 of the 677 Yards gained were all on Percy. In other words, last year all you had to do is just get him the ball ... and he was an almost automatic instant 1st Down.

Imagine what he can do with a QB in Russell Wilson who has a great arm and is legitimate playmaker. My maniacal evil mad scientist laughter just won't die down over the prospects over just how much he changes how teams will defend the Seahawks. And you saw that in that Minnesota game, as the DB's all of a sudden began playing off of Seattle's receivers ... and guys like Doug Baldwin all of a sudden found themselves having a lot more space. They're fully aware of who Percy Harvin is and what he can do. If Harvin actually can play ... I think you'll see a lot of what's ailed the Seahawks receivers in terms of their troubles of getting open of late start to disappear.