So this is the guy we're adding to our stacked roster? P.H.?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
idahohawk":7wzm0lv5 said:
I watched these highlights the week before the SEA - Viking game. All it did was get my hopes up.

I'll wait this time and see if this actually materializes before drooling through the highlights again. I'm well aware of the game-breaking potential of P.H. but this time I will wait to see him out on the field in 1.5 weeks before I chug the kool-aid.

I know u will be chugging soon enough brotha!!!

themunn

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1qsb22o1 said:
Worry is fine but all I have seen is outright hatred based on lies and misinformation like being injured all the time? 3-4 games in 4 YEARS is fragile? Get real.

Yes, but now we're at 5 years and he's missed 25 games.
And that doesn't include all of the games where he got dinged up and left early or only played a limited role due to magging injuries

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3u4ojwfx said:
As a lot of people have already said, there is a reason that Pete Carroll and John Schneider traded 3 draft choices to get this guy.

See if this puts things in to perspective -- last year, Percy Harvin was #5 in the NFL in Yards After the Catch (he gained 551 YAC) at a clip of 8.9 YAC. He had 677 Yards in total on 62 Catches and was being talked about as being an MVP Candidate.

Now think about all of that for just a second. That was on a Minnesota team with a QB (Ponder) who had a crappy arm. The Viking Offense with him was basically to just throw little smoke screens to him at or behind the Line of Scrimmage and let Percy do his thing -- and the numbers absolutely show that. The average distance of the passes thrown to him (through the air) last year -- just 2.03 Yards/Reception. 551 of the 677 Yards gained were all on Percy. In other words, last year all you had to do is just get him the ball ... and he was an almost automatic instant 1st Down.

Imagine what he can do with a QB in Russell Wilson who has a great arm and is legitimate playmaker. My maniacal evil mad scientist laughter just won't die down over the prospects over just how much he changes how teams will defend the Seahawks. And you saw that in that Minnesota game, as the DB's all of a sudden began playing off of Seattle's receivers ... and guys like Doug Baldwin all of a sudden found themselves having a lot more space. They're fully aware of who Percy Harvin is and what he can do. If Harvin actually can play ... I think you'll see a lot of what's ailed the Seahawks receivers in terms of their troubles of getting open of late start to disappear.

While this is true, you can see that he definitely has the ability to be a downfield guy as well. Maybe with Ponder, the gameplan had to be more short dink and dunk, WR screens, etc...but at least half of the plays on that video were downfield- and not just 5-10 yds...several were 20+ yds downfield. He can do anything that any WR can do...and he can do it really, really good when he's healthy. The guy is as good an athlete as exists in the NFL, and is absolutely an elite WR not unlike Calvin, Dez, JJ, Gordon, AJ, Marshall...except that he's a bit shorter and generally more explosive with the ball. He's absolutely the real thing.

Be afraid...be very afraid.

muxpux

Reaction score
dudes a straight athlete.

Harvin was also a standout track athlete at the Virginia Beach (VA) Landstown. He became the first athlete in 69 years to capture five state titles at 2005 Virginia Class AAA state meet, winning the 100 meters, with a time of 10.69 seconds, 200 meters, with a time of 21.59 seconds, long jump, with a leap of 7.15 meters, and in triple jump, with a leap of 14.50 meters.