so this is what respect is

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Russ, Pete, and John should still have a chip on their shoulder. Not one MVP vote, Coach of the Year, or GM of the year and we have been a top tier team through major changes for the last 10 years. I still feel some disrespect.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
HagFaithful":rpoow44e said:
Dug this up from page 525, OP is 8 years old. As a Seahawks fan in Northern CA, I get respect all the time from opposing fans. A lot has changed since our Super Bowl victory.

Thank you for doing this. Personally, I wish people would dig up interesting old threads more often - really is cool to look back at previous posts to see where we were years ago.

Personally, I'm still called a bandwagon fan, being a Delaware Hawk fan, but I've loved 'em since I was a kid. My 5th grade school photo from 2004 is me in a Hass jersey, lol. This team is definitely respected on a national level more than it ever has been. Carroll and crew revitalized and redefined the franchises image.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":pa6t5rmn said:
Personally, I'm still called a bandwagon fan, being a Delaware Hawk fan, but I've loved 'em since I was a kid. My 5th grade school photo from 2004 is me in a Hass jersey, lol. This team is definitely respected on a national level more than it ever has been. Carroll and crew revitalized and redefined the franchises image.

Calling someone a bandwagon fan is about the lamest insult in all of sports fandom. Lazy.

Any other team's fan worth their salt knows that we've been selling out Hawk games for 40 years, even when we were terrible. Doesn't mean there weren't a LOT of new fans in 2011-2013 when the Hawks were going to SB's, I certainly know quite a few.........and unfortunately those fans were doing a lot of chirping online and on social media.

But no one should ever question our fanbase, this ain't the hardest place to play in the NFL for 20-30 years running because we're bandwagon fans. Take that nonsense somewhere else.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1a6wt1zi said:
Maelstrom787":1a6wt1zi said:

Calling someone a bandwagon fan is about the lamest insult in all of sports fandom. Lazy.

Any other team's fan worth their salt knows that we've been selling out Hawk games for 40 years, even when we were terrible. Doesn't mean there weren't a LOT of new fans in 2011-2013 when the Hawks were going to SB's, I certainly know quite a few.........and unfortunately those fans were doing a lot of chirping online and on social media.

But no one should ever question our fanbase, this ain't the hardest place to play in the NFL for 20-30 years running because we're bandwagon fans. Take that nonsense somewhere else.

But are you a real fan, I mean come on.......... :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1h7z0hhg said:
Sgt. Largent":1h7z0hhg said:
Maelstrom787":1h7z0hhg said:

But are you a real fan, I mean come on.......... :)

You caught me chris.

HandsomeVariableGalapagosalbatross max 1mb

AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TOO IF IT WASN'T FOR THOSE DARN KIDS!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
acer1240":1moflpa0 said:
Breaks my heart seeing a Les post.

Indeed, indeed, but alas, it warms my heart every time I think that he got to witness his team finally win it all before he journeyed on to a better place.

Attachments

• les3.JPG
    les3.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 543

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2cyfrp0y said:
Maelstrom787":2cyfrp0y said:

I know somebody that grew up here, moved to Texas and is a fan of the Yankees and Patriots. Okay to call them a bandwagon fan?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JustTheTip":dl0fabcq said:
Sgt. Largent":dl0fabcq said:
Maelstrom787":dl0fabcq said:

I know somebody that grew up here, moved to Texas and is a fan of the Yankees and Patriots. Okay to call them a bandwagon fan?
No.
He’s a “front runner”. He likes teams because they are good and always winning.
He was likely a Chicago Bulls fan during the Jordan years too.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3egk0dfx said:
Sgt. Largent":3egk0dfx said:
Maelstrom787":3egk0dfx said:

:shock: If he likes both of those teams, true Bostonians or NYers would have his head; he couldn't be safe in either city if he came out with such split loyalties!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1jq88h22 said:
Sgt. Largent":1jq88h22 said:
Maelstrom787":1jq88h22 said:

A bandwagon fan is a recent fan that didn't care about the team until said recent success.

So no, if your friend has liked the Yankees and Patriots his whole life, that's not a bandwagon fan.