So we meet again

ctrcat

Reaction score
Gametime":i9qor1s0 said:
ctrcat":i9qor1s0 said:
Gametime":i9qor1s0 said:
The Great Hawktini":i9qor1s0 said:
There sure are ALOT of cocky panther fans on some of their forums, what makes them so confident that they can beat us at home on prime time?. SEAHAWKS WILL DESTROY THEM, BOOK IT!!

This is where the casual fan won't get it though. Playing a daytime, East Coast, mid season road game vs playing on prime time, at home, following a bye, and a playoff game?

There's no way to know the difference unless you've seen it like we have.

This team goes from great to absolutely special with the above mentioned factors. I'm all for hope, parity, optimism, etc.....but just look at the numbers from an objective standpoint, take a deep breath of the cool night air, picture the cameras, the lights, the energy............... I simply don't see it.

The Hawks will be out to remind everyone who the reigning champ is and they will not be falling off the throne easily. Can't WAIT for this game.

I will concur thought that should we lose I'd be pulling for the Panthers. That won't be happening though. :thirishdrinkers:

I've never been in the scenario described, nor was I in Tuscaloosa in 2010 when Cam, showered with relentless criticism, led his team down 24 in one of the most intense rivalries in sports for their first national title since 1957, but it's hard to imagine one would have too much on the other.

Don't get me wrong.... I have a lot of respect for the Panthers and think this is a decent match up for you guys for sure. Much better than going to GB. I just think this "moment" is too big for them this year is all. Next year, all bets are off. They won a playoff game and had to rally the 2nd half of the season but this is the kind of game that the Hawks are simply built for. Their record and success in prime-time and "big" games is hard to ignore.

Can they be beat? Absolutely! Anyone can be beat. I just think it's a really low probability from a statistical and eye-test perspective is all. What Cam did to end the season was remarkable though. No disrespecting that in the least. If the Hawks lose Saturday I will be pulling for the Panthers for sure. Here's to injury free and awesome game and may the best team win.

Good post and no reason for any Seahawks fan, objective or otherwise, to say anything different. Hope it's awesome and injury free as well!

drdiags

Reaction score
ctrcat":jmb85occ said:
Good post and good question. While they were too tough an out and were simply meant to win that game to write the perfect script for the Seahawks, I truly believe it would have been a different outcome if not for getting stuffed on the goal line twice in the first half. The guards that were stuffed are gone btw.

Another thing from an outside observer of last year was it seemed the Panthers were too hyped to prove a point to the 9ers. Probably because of the bad blood from the tight win in San Fran earlier that year. They got a lot of emotional penalties trying to prove a point in that game last year (i.e. they weren't intimidated nor in awe of the playoffs). This year I noted they were hyped but under much better emotional control.

Seahawks had to go through something similar with the Washington/Atlanta playoff run in 2012. Many weren't left from the Beastquake playoffs but collectively it took those experiences to help them last year. They played all year with high expectations and were able to deliver.

Because they did, many feel they are now playoff hardened. You still have to play the game so for now I, like others will have to watch it play out again. Hoping for a similar ending as last year but until I see the Lombardi over a Seahawks player's head in Arizona I choose to see how each team's destiny is unfolding. There are now 8 of us. After next Sunday night, there will be 4. It will be a tough road for the team that raises the trophy this year.

EDIT: They did almost fumble away the NFCCG last year, but were able to dig deep and make one more play than the 9ers, allowing them to play loose and unleash that whooping on the Broncos.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Carolina and Arizona seemed to be playing a game of who wanted to lose more. It looked like Arizona just wanted it more... errr.... less. those crappy Cards and their overrated blow hard coach put a bow on that win for you. Not to sound too cocky, but I predict nothing short of a bloodbath.

jkitsune

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":4ouu6d3u said:
Pantherfan527":4ouu6d3u said:
This is the game I wanted since the time I realized that we had a shot to make the playoffs. You guys are the better team, and have proven that time after time as y'all beat us at home the last 3 times. Now we go into one of the hardest places to play on earth, win or lose I want my team to play as hard as possible vs one of the best teams in the NFC. Should be a good game, but I could see it being a blowout if we make the same mistakes we did against Arizona. I would love to see my Panthers win, which is highly unlikely, but any given sunday.

Good Luck to each team, hopefully both teams remain healthy for the next game or the start of whoever loses offseason.

Whoever wins this game is who I will be cheering for to go and win the superbowl..hopefully its Seahawks but you never know Panthers have played us tough the last couple games

I would root for the Panthers if only to carry on the hilarious tradition of losing teams winning playoff games.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If I had to choose losing to a team at home in the playoffs, I would MUCH MUCH rather lose to the Panthers than the Cowboys or Packers, period, end of story, write it down and good night.