So What Do We Do About This Defense?

massari

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":25009lh2 said:
Pete wanted a team that can protect against the run. We got that. One of the best in the NFL at it.
One of the best? How do you know that when teams are barely running against them? No team will run the ball when having so much success throwing it.

Gurley averaged 4 YPC against the Hawks, and 2.9 YPC against the Cowboys.

olyfan63

Reaction score
cheese22":251j66ml said:
I know he wouldn't be the answer but I'd sure like to have Jacob Martin back. Still need more than him obviously, but young, cheap and improving sounds pretty good.

He's been doing well for Houston. Who thought Houston got robbed at the time? Looks like they got the better of the trade.

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":vp4gxrlv said:
I agree it's far too early to hit the panic button but boy I need to see some legitimate improvement on that D line right quick. Norton doesn't instill confidence at this point either. LB coach? Sure. DC? Nope. Not seeing it.

So what were your expectations going into the season with no pre season? Did you really believe the Hawks would come out clicking on all cylinders after the second game? I didn't... I expected a slow start with lots of injuries...

Sometimes I think the media needs stuff to talk about...yeah the D isn't clicking... the D line isn't really where it needs to be yet... I just think once these guys play together for a while it will get much better... that's not optimism thats being practical about the situation...

I dont think Clay Matthews or another currently available free agent is going to fix it... I think the young guys just need to play more and play into their identity.... the D line has shown sparks... were 2-0 going to play Dallas at home ... I feel pretty good about a victory... Now if the Hawks were 0-2 and the D wasn't making plays I might feel differently I might think we should sign a Clay Matthews...but that's not the case...

I think this is going to be one of those seasons where the D is going to have to play catch up with the O a lot of new faces ...

But I think you know all this already Aros youve been a Seahawks fan to long and you have seen this before...your not worried at all... LMAO!!!

LTH

Aw Mang

Reaction score
D line is a problem for sure but so is the prevent defense.