So who do we want to win/lose at this point?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Not a single team I'm worried about at the Clink. Everyone can win on their home field, Seahawks don't lose at home... to anyone.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
SonicHawk":30ia08ub said:
Not a single team I'm worried about at the Clink. Everyone can win on their home field, Seahawks don't lose at home... to anyone.
They were awfully close to losing at home last year to GB.

Polaris

Reaction score
We don't care. Pretty much nothing else the NFL does has any impact on Seattle (San Fran losing or getting a tie is about the only exception).

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I want to see them all beat the crap out of each other fighting for the scraps.

Zorn76

Reaction score
In the end, we beat Anybody who comes to The Clink. The only question is by how much.

Perfundle

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2npn2k9r said:
morgulon1":2npn2k9r said:
pmedic920":2npn2k9r said:
If the cards win, it puts a lot of pressure on the 9ers. If the rams beat the saints I think we lock up HFA. but I'm no expert.

I was wondering about this. Can anything happen between now and next Sunday that would affect our position in the playoffs??
No. Unless we lose out and they win out. We eliminate the Cardinals next week when we clinch everything anyway. The real issue is how important is 14-2 to Pete and the team?
Arizona actually isn't eliminated with a loss if the Saints beat the Panthers. In that scenario, the Cardinals can get the 6th seed over the Panthers with a week 17 win over the 49ers and a Panthers loss to the Falcons.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My crystal ball is telling me that the NFC playoff seedings and playoff games will play out like this.

#1 Seattle 14-2 (they win out)
#2 Carolina 12-4 (they win out as well, beating NO at home next week)
#3 Detroit 9-7 (they win tonight over Baltimore (WRONG, they suck), they beat the Giants at home and then they lose to the Vikings in Minnesota)
#4 Dallas 9-7 (they win out against the Redskins in Washington and the Eagles in Dallas)
#5 SF 12-4 (they win out beating the Falcons at home and the Cardinals down in the desert)
#6 NO 11-5 (they lose to the Panthers in Carolina and then beat the Bucs at home)

On WC weekend, the #6 Saints travel to #3 Detroit and they lose to the Lions... and the #5 Whiners travel to #3 Dallas and beat the Cowboys.

In the divisional games, the #5 Whiners travel to #1 Seattle and the Hawks win... and #3 Detroit travels to #2 Carolina and the Lions upset the Panthers at home (not going to happen either).

In the NFC Championship game, the #3 Detroit Lions travel to the #1 Seattle Seahawks... and Seattle WINS!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That would be a sweet scenario. But, I seriously doubt Detroit knocks off that team in Carolina.

Hawks over Niners in the first gmae
Hawks over Carolina in the NFC Championship game
Hawks over Denver in the Superb Owl.

Chapow

Reaction score
I couldn't care less who wins/loses at this point with the obvious huge exception being the Seahawks beating the Cards next Sunday to lock up the #1 seed.

I don't care who else makes the playoffs, what the seedings are, or who has to come to the Clink in the playoffs.

The only thing that matters right now is next Sunday vs the Cards. The Cards are no joke, there are only 4 teams in the NFC with a better record. If we drop that game, we leave the door open to the #5 seed instead of the #1 seed.

Zorn76

Reaction score
"... and #3 Detroit travels to #2 Carolina and the Lions upset the Panthers at home." - onanygivensunday

You lost me here. It'd be great if it turned out this way, but I'd give the Lions about a 10% chance of going into Carolina and beating the Panthers.

themunn

Reaction score
Not really fussed, but would like to see us face the NFC North and East winners in our two games so that we can say we beat all 5 NFC playoff teams.

hawker84

Reaction score
I'd just as soon miss SF and CAR in the playoffs if possible. I think we beat either at home, but those two match up with us better than anyone else this season. Not crazy about facing Rogers either, he can carry a team as well as anyone on his back.

much rather face , Dallas, Phi, Chi, NO...

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Always want a Whiners loss. After that I couldn't care less.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
pocketprotector":2bqo7m9z said:
SonicHawk":2bqo7m9z said:
They were awfully close to losing at home last year to GB.

I would say the team is a bit different from that point to our current state. We're a legitimate Super Bowl favorite while last year we were battling towards relevance.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I want to see SF in Seattle again so that we can humiliate them and let Kap think about that all year long.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The last time I rooted for a team to win for a favorable matchup was for the Steelers to make it to the SuperBowl in '05 because we matched up so well against them.

I don't play this game anymore.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
No matter how I spin it on The Playoff Machine, it looks like our two opponents are most likely to be SF then Carolina.

I've been calling it Seattle v Cincinatti since the season began and I'm sticking with that prediction.

Zorn76

Reaction score
LMAO @ the Lions for tonight's MNF game.
Wow.
What a choke in crunch time.
The schedule still favors Detroit (vs NYG/@Minn) than it does Chicago(@Philly/vs GB), but even if the Lions get in the playoffs, they'll be one and done.