So who do we want to win/lose at this point?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Here is my list, in order of whom i want to play most to least:

1. Dallas

Awful Defense. Dez the Drama Queen. Tony Roma’s BBQ sauce fingers. Yes please.

2. Philadelphia

Their defense isn’t great. Or good. Their offense has some threats but we are good at shutting down threats. Nick Foles has yet to face anything like the 12th man in his short career.

3. Detroit

Russell Wilson is still undefeated in “revenge games”. That trend would continue.

4. Chicago

Here is where we begin to see challenges. Chicago is used to playing out-doors in the cold, and Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall might be the best WR duo in the league. I like our chances against them at home but they present some matchup problems when you add Forte and Martellus Bennett to the mix. Fun fact, Martellus Bennett is the younger brother of Seahawks DE Michael Bennett. Their defense doesn’t exactly scare me but they have a few guys who can make some plays and keep a game interesting.

5. Green Bay

Another team that offers little resistance on defense, but until further notice, Aaron Rodgers is really good and it would be a huge mistake to overlook how good the Packers are when he’s playing. We all know the storyline here after the Monday night game last year and how it was a catch and all that. The Packers have a recent history of getting hot in the playoffs. They are one of those teams whom through experience and observation I’ve learned that, when they seem to be playing great, they will disappoint you, and when they are playing poorly, they’ll surprise you and rattle off wins looking like a completely different team.

6. New Orleans

Yes we trounced them here. Yes they have become the pre-2013 Seattle Seahawks when it comes to road games. They also have one of the best QB’s in the league, and the league’s best receiving TE, and recent experience and tape of a game at the clink to study. Along with the Packers and Niners, they have all the motivation in the world to come to Seattle and get a win after two embarrassing losses here in recent history.

7. San Francisco

Sort of a tough call here. The niners are no doubt a very good team, but for whatever reason, they’ve played miserably here the past two games with Kaeperdink not looking very good at all, and I’d almost expect the same. I’m more worried about this game from the odds standpoint. How likely is it that one of the best teams in the league would come here and lose three games in a row? Plus, I could eventually get over losing to pretty much any team on this list, some day. Some day a long ways from that day. But I’m not sure if I could get out of bed anymore if we lost to the Niners in the playoffs at home. It would just be too disgusting to live with.

8. Carolina

In many ways a clone of the Hawks. Their secondary is not as good, but their front 7 is “better”. I say “Better” because I think that Seattle has a more capable stable of pass rushers, but overall as far as being a balanced front 7 against run or pass, Carolina gets the nod. Their QB is mobile much like Wilson, but where Wilson throws the ball with more touch and accuracy, Newton is a much bigger load to tackle if he decides to run the ball. Where Seattle bludgeons you with Lynch, the Panthers mix it up with a stable of running backs. Seattle has an edge in receiving threats. Overall I feel like they are the team who’s preferred scheme is the most portable and the most capable of being executed in the noise of the clink. Like the Hawks, they are a team that expects to line up and run their play and have success regardless of what the defense decides to do.

Polaris

Reaction score
sutz":ymj2zkk1 said:
I hope the Seahawks win. Anybody else? :229031_shrug:

Pretty much how I see it.

I think (and I predicted this a month ago during the bye week) that the Saints will be one of th wildcard teams (#6). If so, I think we'll face the Niners in the Divisional round, and probably the Panthers in the Championship.

If the Saints do win this Sunday, then I think we face the Panthers in the Divisional Round, and the Saints for the NFC Championship.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawk45":2h123g4l said:
OP wasn't freaked out. He was looking for genuine responses to the question of what team looks like the (relatively) easy matchup.

Instead he got a bunch of posts about how it doesn't matter and champions don't talk that way. Those are valid opinions to hold, but they aren't answers to the question that was asked.

a better way of saying what I meant...