So who do we want to win/lose at this point?

The Radish

Reaction score
All we can do at this point is the same as always. Play whom ever is in front of us.

We have no worrys one or the other. the team I worry about the most is the same I started the years worrying about.

Dem ninnirs

TheHawkster

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3ltjwdy2 said:
The last time I rooted for a team to win for a favorable matchup was for the Steelers to make it to the SuperBowl in '05 because we matched up so well against them.

I don't play this game anymore.

That was the only team I didn't want to see!
We'd have crushed anyone in an all finesse team SB.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
-Matchups I'd like to see/expect to see in the NFC

expect
#1 Seattle
#2 NO
#3 PHI
#4 Chicago
#5 SF
#6 Carolina

#5 SF W @ #4 Chi
#6 CAR W @ #3 PHI

#6 CAR L @ #1 SEA
#5 SF W @ #2 NO

#5 SF L @ #1 SEA

#1 Sea
#2 Car
#3 GB
#4 DAL
#5 SF
#6 NO

#5 SF W @ #4 DAL
#6 NO L @ #3 GB

#5 SF L @ #1 SEA
#3 GB W @ #2 CAR

#3 GB L @ #1 SEA

Something about knocking off SF and GB in the playoffs would just make me so happy. Beating up on Philly or Carolina just isn't as appealing of games and wont bring the media hype that we''d get playing SF or GB. I'd throw chicago in there as another team I'd like to beat in the playoffs. I could see Cutler get rattled and choking with 3+Ints in the Clink.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Chapow":z8v0u7au said:
I couldn't care less who wins/loses at this point with the obvious huge exception being the Seahawks beating the Cards next Sunday to lock up the #1 seed.

I don't care who else makes the playoffs, what the seedings are, or who has to come to the Clink in the playoffs.

The only thing that matters right now is next Sunday vs the Cards. The Cards are no joke, there are only 4 teams in the NFC with a better record. If we drop that game, we leave the door open to the #5 seed instead of the #1 seed.

then why take the time to post in the thread?

what is with all the "we dont care, take anyone, fear noone, one game at a time" BS? hint... we dont play the games. our emotions are not going to play any part in the upcoming game.

christ on a bike... guy asked a hypothetical question about seeding, and all the internet Ditkas come running out.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't really care who we end up playing. If we are truly SB worthy, then we should win any game against any opponent in our house. If we can't win in our building, then I can live with myself as we can't think of ourselves as getting cheated out of a SB appearance. Last season was frustrating as I honestly thought we had the better team and should have gone to the SB. If we can't do it with a home field advantage, especially our home field advantage, then there's no way we are the best team in the conference. It's when we don't go and I think we should have that bothers me.

But it is an interesting topic to discuss how the rest of the conference will shake out. IMO Carolina will get the #2 seed, followed by Philly, Detroit, SF, and the Saints.

JonRud

Reaction score
Personally I will continue to root against the Packers because I don't want Aaron Rodgers showing up in Seattle in January. not that we couldn't/wouldn't beat GB, but I'd rather stay away from Rodgers.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
49ers we always want them to lose. Broncos and Patriots mainly because I am sick of all the kiss the butt of Manning and Brady. How about everyone but us.

Chapow

Reaction score
Uncle Si":21gy79ub said:
Chapow":21gy79ub said:
I couldn't care less who wins/loses at this point with the obvious huge exception being the Seahawks beating the Cards next Sunday to lock up the #1 seed.

I don't care who else makes the playoffs, what the seedings are, or who has to come to the Clink in the playoffs.

The only thing that matters right now is next Sunday vs the Cards. The Cards are no joke, there are only 4 teams in the NFC with a better record. If we drop that game, we leave the door open to the #5 seed instead of the #1 seed.

what is with all the "we dont care, take anyone, fear noone, one game at a time" BS? hint... we dont play the games. our emotions are not going to play any part in the upcoming game.

christ on a bike... guy asked a hypothetical question about seeding, and all the internet Ditkas come running out.

What are you talking about? I posted my thoughts on the topic at hand in this thread. That's generally what people do here.

Be careful up there on your high horse, it's a loooong way down.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Chapow":3g69ujk9 said:
Uncle Si":3g69ujk9 said:
Chapow":3g69ujk9 said:

What are you talking about? I posted my thoughts on the topic at hand in this thread. That's generally what people do here.

Be careful up there on your high horse, it's a loooong way down.

i'll be fine on my horse there partner..

the thread is annoying, read through it. guy asks an honest question about seeding the rest of the teams and we get the same "we can beat anyone" stuff.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, what the hell? Talking about who we prefer to play and/or are "afraid" of playing???

Championship teams don't worry about who their opponent are. Luckily the team isn't as freaked out as some of the fans.

hawk45

Reaction score
OP wasn't freaked out. He was looking for genuine responses to the question of what team looks like the (relatively) easy matchup.

Instead he got a bunch of posts about how it doesn't matter and champions don't talk that way. Those are valid opinions to hold, but they aren't answers to the question that was asked.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
This weekend, I want Seattle to win, Arizona to lose and everyone else to tie.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
TheHawkster":10tsykbv said:
HawkFan72":10tsykbv said:
The last time I rooted for a team to win for a favorable matchup was for the Steelers to make it to the SuperBowl in '05 because we matched up so well against them.

I don't play this game anymore.

That was the only team I didn't want to see!
We'd have crushed anyone in an all finesse team SB.

Well yeah I see that now in hindsight. I hadn't considered the physicality part of it.

At the time, it was either going to be Denver (great passing attack) or Pittsburg (great rushing attack) and our D was better vs. the run that year. So that was the only reason.

We would have beat Denver.

And we would have beat Pittsburg 9 out of 10 times.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I don't want to play SF a 3rd time, even at home. I'd expect to beat them, but their defense was different this last game. They had a new plan that was quite effective and gave us fits. If they bring it into Seattle for a playoff game, they will be jacked beyond belief. They have their receivers back and Gore is back on track, they are not to be taken lightly anymore. Definitely a different team than we saw the first 10 games or so.

Islanddawg

Reaction score
I'm going to take a longer view on this. This year will take care of itself as long as we win the West. Next year we play the NFC South champ at their place. I'd rather have that be the Panthers (and hopefully we get em early again before Cam gets going) than in the dome against the Saints.

Polaris

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":gfffapwo said:
I don't want to play SF a 3rd time, even at home. I'd expect to beat them, but their defense was different this last game. They had a new plan that was quite effective and gave us fits. If they bring it into Seattle for a playoff game, they will be jacked beyond belief. They have their receivers back and Gore is back on track, they are not to be taken lightly anymore. Definitely a different team than we saw the first 10 games or so.

I disagree. Their defense wasn't that different. San Fran played their best game of their entire season...and it WAS the game of their season and barely won at home. Frankly the Seahawks did not play their A game...more like a B+ game....and even then were in a position to win it at the end.

In a Playoff situation, while I think the Niners are good, in the Clink I am definately not afraid of them.

sutz

Reaction score
I hope the Seahawks win. Anybody else? :229031_shrug: