• Cary Williams

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Macklemore

Votes: 31 21.5%

• Total voters

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawk45":19byikme said:
I was just thinking about Williams. He got burned about as much as Sherman did vs Rodgers. Actually the PI sucked but the TD was just covering for 10 minutes and Rodgers mastery. I haven't seen Williams really be terrible yet. Is it the money?

The sample size is small, but I have yet to see him get beat on a play that Maxwell or Browner wouldn't have been beat on. So far, opposing QBs don't seem to be picking on him, which is also a positive sign. We saw Rodgers go at Maxwell pretty aggressively and purposefully last season.

chet380

Reaction score
MVP53":wf25zc5i said:
JSeahawks":wf25zc5i said:
The better question would be what would the offense have to do for people to approve of Bevell again? Remember in 2012 when the Bevell offense put up 58, 50 and 42 points in 3 straight games? Would another stretch like that have people loving Bevell? Or would it be in spite of him?

Or better yet, has there ever been an OC that fielded 3 consecutive top 10 offenses that was more hated?

OR, is detested after a NFCCG and two Super Bowls in consecutive years?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sealake80":25q6z76r said:
All the negative energy from fan base could have an outcome on the season. Just saying. Surely many of you see that as hogwash. Still, let's start passing the baton of hate off to other teams maybe.
Exactly. Was my point about some portions of this fanbase not being able to handle success. This kind of poll is a great example. Let's start friction within our own team. What a bunch of knuckleheads.

hawk45

Reaction score
chet380":1n55pn6g said:
MVP53":1n55pn6g said:
JSeahawks":1n55pn6g said:
The better question would be what would the offense have to do for people to approve of Bevell again? Remember in 2012 when the Bevell offense put up 58, 50 and 42 points in 3 straight games? Would another stretch like that have people loving Bevell? Or would it be in spite of him?

Or better yet, has there ever been an OC that fielded 3 consecutive top 10 offenses that was more hated?

But do we really think that with the running game we've had and Russell, it'd be such a chore for any OC to achieve a top 10 offense?

Again I believe that Pete would replace a Bevell with a like-Bevell, and that Bevell isn't *bad*, but I feel it's disingenuous to throw out offensive numbers and credit it to Bevell heroics.

Heck I think it's disingenuous to even credit Cable with a lot of Lynch's success given how Lynch makes something out of being hit in the backfield and how the running game is helped by the threat of Russ running.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawk45":blxndqy9 said:
chet380":blxndqy9 said:
MVP53":blxndqy9 said:
JSeahawks":blxndqy9 said:

But do we really think that with the running game we've had and Russell, it'd be such a chore for any OC to achieve a top 10 offense?

Again I believe that Pete would replace a Bevell with a like-Bevell, and that Bevell isn't *bad*, but I feel it's disingenuous to throw out offensive numbers and credit it to Bevell heroics.

Heck I think it's disingenuous to even credit Cable with a lot of Lynch's success given how Lynch makes something out of being hit in the backfield and how the running game is helped by the threat of Russ running.
Yes, it just happens with magic dust. Lots of planning to spring one of those Marshawn runs and sustain it. But go on believing in the world in your vacuum that you create.

hawk45

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":36przolc said:
Yes, it just happens with magic dust. Lots of planning to spring one of those Marshawn runs and sustain it. But go on believing in the world in your vacuum that you create.[/quote]

Okay, so in your vacuum Bevell doesn't benefit from Lynch and Russell, we'd *never* have a good rushing attack without DB.

Talk about magic dust.

Laloosh

Reaction score
How I perceive Bevell calling plays during a game...

volvos60blindfolded.jpg

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawk45":1xclx4px said:
Siouxhawk":1xclx4px said:
Yes, it just happens with magic dust. Lots of planning to spring one of those Marshawn runs and sustain it. But go on believing in the world in your vacuum that you create.

Okay, so in your vacuum Bevell doesn't benefit from Lynch and Russell, we'd *never* have a good rushing attack without DB.

Talk about magic dust.[/quote]
Just saying there's more that goes into it than just the fact that Marshawn has the ability to break tackles, which he certainly does. But blocking schemes (more to do with Cable) and downfield blocking by the receivers also contribute mightily. So does when a certain play is called. That's why many of us have been hammering home the point that things tend to open up for Marshawn late in the third quarter and fourth when we've been banging on their defensive line and linebackers all game. This is by design. And Bevell plays a huge part in that gameplanning.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bevell all the way, he has the tools in the tool box, he has failed at ball control, he has failed to use the players he has been given. He failed in the Super Bowl, we won the first one on the backs of the defense, the offense came in and scored because the Broncos had lost heart and were taking chances to get back in it. Not because he called a good game.

He has earned what he has received by the fan base and his own players.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":ujchf5pi said:
Jimmy Graham is making his way up the list.
You and The RealDTM seem to be miserable types that hate success. You could always go back to being 49er fans?

Just a suggestion given your constant unhappiness.

@OP, what ever gave you the idea there was any other choice beyond Bevell? Seriously I demand a logical explanation.

roiyair

Reaction score
There is one person on the team who has been awful this year and has not been getting the job done.
Bailey falling on that critical play, TJ losing the coin toss (WTF??), officials not calling the play dead on Jones's TD catch, and other unlucky plays. It's all on this guy's shoulders.

20140921seahawks_jt700.jpg

That's right, I'm calling you out Blitz!
We need our luck again. Get your shit together and start doing your job!!!

seahawks08

Reaction score
Until we win the buck stops with the President Pete. He his happy to take ownership and accountability so there you go.