So who just played their last game for Seattle?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
A-Dog":spx4rv16 said:
Getting rid of Kam is crazy talk. Wow some fans turn on a player quickly.

If his attitude toward the team stays on the same course it is not crazy talk at all. And I think that Seattle fans have more of an issue with wanting to hang on to players far too long based on emotion than turning on them too fast.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Bitter":2nj39kgu said:
A-Dog":2nj39kgu said:
Getting rid of Kam is crazy talk. Wow some fans turn on a player quickly.

If his attitude toward the team stays on the same course it is not crazy talk at all. And I think that Seattle fans have more of an issue with wanting to hang on to players far too long based on emotion than turning on them too fast.
What attitude? The holdout? Holdouts happen. It was ill-advised and I think he learned his lesson (as did the rest of the team) Is there any evidence of him having a bad attitude towards the team other than the holdout?

niveky

Reaction score
I think that lynch will likely retire. I think it could be a likely possibility the fo will be shopping kam behind the scenes the whole off-season. I think they may pay okung but if they don't it would be because they like the fa olinemen that wil be out there and make SERIOUS pushes to sign them while deciding to commit significant draft capital to upgrade it as well.

Don't injuries like prich had typically take a couple years plus he had the hamstring issue? He has a whole offseason to get fully right now and unless kearse's value somehow stays low to the league in general i think the fo will stick with prich and draft/undrafted fa.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Lynch is just an amazing player and someone who elevated this franchise but the physicality of his career and recent injuries make me think he's going to retire.

Okung didn't help his case at all this game. If nobody wants to pay him and we can get him on a good deal it would be great but heavily onvesting in him would be a waste.

Either Mebane or Rubin will probably be gone but I hope we can keep at least one for consistency.

We have Baldwin suddenly becoming a true #1 and I see Lockett only getting better as well. That doesn't mean Kearse should go. Maybe Prich could fill up the gap if he cojld just stay healthy but I don't see any of Lockette, Smith or Williams stepping up to become #2/3 WR. Don't forget how crucial Kearse was on third downs once Graham was out. If we for some reason decide to trade Graham we absolutely can't lose Kearse. I hope we can get him on an affordable deal, which I think we can.

Irvin completely relies on how much he gets offered in FA and what we decide to do with our other players.

Because we shouldn't forgwt that every well paid player who leaves opens up cap to keep other players.

jacobsod

Reaction score
Beast - Gone. Thank you Beast so very much for the years of amazing football. Either go play 1-2 years back in your homeland (OAK), hopefully as a backup, or retire. You've done a lot of good but it's time to start thinking about retirement. Love ya, Boss, take care of yourself!

Chancellor - Depends on $ or holdout / attitude. I love Kam but my patience is gone. Dude, you are under contract. Man the up or leave.

Okung - Gone. As others have stated, some other team out there wil be willing to WAY overpay him. A good player, just glass.

Sweezy - He'll be back. My gut tells me he'll push to leave at first but will be thankful for playing here.

Bevell - MY GAWD PUH LEEZ LITTLE BABY SWEET JEEZUZ make this happen. I have NO respect for his post SB49 antics, let alone is baffling play-calling half the time.

Kearse - I disagree with all the hate on Kearse on here sometimes. I think the kid is awesome and a must-keep. I think him leaving would shakeup Baldwin / Lockett and cause more drama than it's worth for someone that IMO plays well and should be kept.

Cable - Again I disagree with many here and think he stays and he should stay. Too much blame goes to him instead of the tools he's been given!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
jacobsod":1nq6jdwn said:
Cable - Again I disagree with many here and think he stays and he should stay. Too much blame goes to him instead of the tools he's been given!

He has chosen the tools he has hanging in his shed.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Kam gets cut. Signs with the Jags or Skins.
Marshawn retires or signs with the Raiders or 49ers.
Irvin walks in free agency. Signs with the Falcons.
Okung walks in free agency. Signs with Tampa Bay.

Bennetts contract is restructured this offseason

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Bitter":1hdvsy8k said:
jacobsod":1hdvsy8k said:

Yeah but he's required to shop at Wal Mart for those tools while other o-line coaches get to buy from SnapOn.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Bitter":3ly3v37w said:
jacobsod":3ly3v37w said:

If I gave you 1000 to buy a car to race, and another guy 5000 dollar budget, who wins that race most of the time? That is a realistic analogy to our situation. Yes, he can choose the players, but he only has a limited number he can afford, so he has to get creative.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":m3z8iyma said:
Bitter":m3z8iyma said:
jacobsod":m3z8iyma said:

Yeah but he's required to shop at Wal Mart for those tools while other o-line coaches get to buy from SnapOn.

It was my understanding that he prefers Wal Mart tools.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Bitter":rtysn6ds said:
hawksfansinceday1":rtysn6ds said:
Bitter":rtysn6ds said:
jacobsod":rtysn6ds said:

It was my understanding that he prefers Wal Mart tools.
Mmmmmmmm, not so sure about that. Look at the allocation of cap space.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Bitter":1ylpvlge said:
jacobsod":1ylpvlge said:

I hear this a lot and how do we know this, I know he gets a lot of input but I wonder what kind of input, is it JS and Pete saying we're drafting so and so in these spots, these are our primary needs, this is the draft spots and salary we can allocate to you, which of the players available do you want. Or is he saying, don't waste a 1st rounder on oline, I can work with an udfa?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here is the list of all UFA, RFA, & ERFA players for the Hawks this off season.

http://overthecap.com/free-agency/seattle-seahawks/

As can be seen there are a few players that seemingly are not RFA players but the candidates here are many to not be around next season plus a few regular faces presently under contract.

On the the UFA list I'd say Okung and Mebane may not be back. Frankly I'd not pay Okung b/c he's out injured about + or - 25% of the time, I think the team will make him an offer which will be much lower than he can get elsewhere. Mebane is now priced out and unless he lowers his contract expectations the team won't pay what others might like the case will be for a team that will get 75 cents of worth from every $ spent on Okung. His predisposition to injury seems constant slowly increasing, and also slowly robbing him of effectiveness.

I'd have to think Rubin will be kept and Sweezy will be offered a starters level deal, whether Sweezy will get paid as he might think is possible will depend on how well Coach Cable thinks Glowinski is ready to replace Sweezy. I suspect that the team may lose Lane or Shead. Mike Bennet's deal will get redone and he'll be kept here as long as he's effective, I see that being the case for 3-4 more years. The team will try to keep Kearse for Baldwin type money but another team will pay more, he'll have to decide what he truly wants, he could be back.

Much tougher decisions will need to be made with Chancellor and Lynch both of whom are under contract but both of whom seriously underplayed their deals this season. The team might recover real draft pick value for Chancellor while Lynch could also yield a couple of late picks. Getting rid of the contractual whines from Chancellor and the large contracts for both Lynch and Chancellor may be on The FO's agenda, time will tell. Chancellor can be replaced with younger hungrier and possibly healthier player who can be an enforcer and it was inescapable his backup McCray played well in the games he played in his place. Lynch could stay another year but clearly he was effectively replaced and was in fact outplayed by Rawls. I don't think CMike is actually a RFA and think he signed a 2 year deal coming back from Washington, he'll be kept.

The rest of the deals will be likely very price sensitive deals and the likelihood of the team keeping most of their guys is good.

There are quite a few free agents this offseason and t hat will mean there will be some changes.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1okg4lsj said:
Seanhawk":1okg4lsj said:
Greenhell":1okg4lsj said:
Missing_Clink":1okg4lsj said:
I cannot believe I am even saying this but of that list, Kearse is the one I most want back and it's not close. I would be fine if everyone else on that list is gone next year.

I want Kearse back too. Kid has been clutch when it matters most.

MOST of the time.

Keep in mind there are 2 more UDFA Huskies waiting in the wings.

What's your point? That all Washington UDFA WRs are exactly alike? I think you're short changing Kearse and his accomplishments in the NFL if you think either of those guys are going to step in without a problem.

Barthawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2edricdd said:
oldhawkfan":2edricdd said:
How about Kris Richard? Sure they were the #1 scoring defense for the fourth year in a row but there were some serious laps in their dominance this year. It just hasn't seemed like the same dominating defense. I blame Richard.
Kris Richard is terrible. I still don't know why Pete Carroll didn't give the position to Norton Jr?

Baffles me!

Richard was terrible?! He was DC on lowest scoring defense in the NFL

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2kg3az8u said:
Grahamhawker":2kg3az8u said:
Keep in mind there are 2 more UDFA Huskies waiting in the wings.

What's your point? That all Washington UDFA WRs are exactly alike? I think you're short changing Kearse and his accomplishments in the NFL if you think either of those guys are going to step in without a problem.

That was tongue in cheek. Not a good reply, I admit.

I'd love to see either Smith or Williams step up into a Kearse-like role if we lose him. I'd say the daily production Kearse is maybe replaceable (perhaps by one of them), but the clutch big game Kearse, probably not so much. For chemistry with RW alone, I think if there's a chance of keeping him with Baldwin-type dollars, it should get done.

Mojambo

Reaction score
AusSeahawk":32hxuoa5 said:
Out:
Kearse
Okung
Irvin
Lynch

All replaceable (besides Lynch)

Lynch is the only one who has ALREADY been replaced.

LolaRox

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":37h6wjp3 said:
Bitter":37h6wjp3 said:
jacobsod":37h6wjp3 said:

A high amount of draft capital is used on the o-line. I might be mistaken but I think Cable and the o-line have received more high draft picks (1-3 rounds) then any other position group in the P&J era. He hasn't developed his talent at the same rate as other positions, that's on him.