Some All-22 of Russell Wilson's Decision Making vs Eagle D

Smellyman

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":15m6vu39 said:
Smellyman":15m6vu39 said:
always giggle a bit at posters who say qb's had open receivers. Guess who misses open receivers? every qb in the history of the game.

guess who thinks receivers are open? every forum poster after watching replays of tv footage.

Hardly anyone thinks Seattle's receivers are getting open. Quite the opposite actually.

you should visit the gameday forum some time

HawkWow

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":ggoo8c36 said:
HawkWow":ggoo8c36 said:
SalishHawkFan":ggoo8c36 said:
Why can't we just watch football in All-22? Screw broadcast view.

It may have been in the early 80s (or earlier) that the networks, tired of complaints about their sub-par broadcast crews (same as it ever was), did go no commentary thru-out several (sample) games. I thought I would like it but have to confess, I preferred the mindless bantering over no commentary at all. You could hear the sounds of the game but it was much like just turning your volume off. The idea was scraped almost immediately.

I do know people that turn their volume right off but my mind doesn't work that way. I have to be doing several things at once and eliminating the sound would force me to find at least one more thing to do, and I'd likely end up missing some of the game.

About 10 years ago I watched a lower echelon Premier League soccer match where the only commentary was a fan from each team good naturedly (it was broadcast so they were professional...mostly) talking about the match and ribbing each other about players, plays and history (it was quite epic). Ever since I've thought that they should have options for audio in all sporting events on TV. Have the typical booth guys, stadium sounds, or a fan feed.

Why not? What, CBS has to justify overpaying Phil Simms so we can listen to his ego babble on instead of giving the customer what they want? It's stupid.

That would be interesting. Much more so than no speaking at all. I bet many of us would be surprised how we actually use the announcers. You don't really have to listen to them to appreciate their presence. Maybe the brain gets triggered by keywords that directs your attention to where you want it to me. Especially if you're a multi tasker. Maybe Sims is rambling on about (whatever?) and you can tune that out while perhaps typing...but then Nance might pull your trigger with "3rd and 8 and Fitzgerald goes wide" and your brain automatically puts your eyes back on the screen just moments before the snap.

I'd be much happier if the announcers were allowed to swear.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
HawkWow":tyh4qif0 said:
.but then Nance might pull your trigger with "3rd and 8 and Fitzgerald goes wide" and your brain automatically puts your eyes back on the screen just moments before the snap. .

More importantly it lets you know what is happening on parts of the screen that you can't see with the narrow camera crops.

- bsd

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Something he alludes to in the article is something that I have wondered a lot when looking at the 22. Is Wilson sometimes holding on to the ball or passing it to weird spots (at the receivers feet etc) in order to protect his receivers from getting blown up?

- bsd

OP
OP
theincrediblesok

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I've notice some of those low throws like the one to Baldwin where he caught it very low and ready to curl up just in case he does get hit but bounce back up knowing the defender didn't hit him and took off for another 5 yards. Also maybe it's to do both, to protect the ball (low INT rate) and the playmaker.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1qyheujf said:
Something he alludes to in the article is something that I have wondered a lot when looking at the 22. Is Wilson sometimes holding on to the ball or passing it to weird spots (at the receivers feet etc) in order to protect his receivers from getting blown up?

- bsd
Wilson is pretty damn good at not getting his guys blown up, but part of that is that Seattle just doesn't pass in the middle of the field that much.

irocdave

Reaction score
As high definition came to be the networks seem to focus more on showing off the equipment capability than delivering shots that matter. Yea, it's great to see the water come off VD's helmet when Kam blows him up, but you miss how Kam sniffed it out and made the change of direction to deliver the blow.

It would be AWESOME to have the ability at home to have a wide angle view of the field and be able to zoom in on to specific spots / players on the field, real time. Still photography has the ability to stitch together photos for 360 photos, how far away are we from being able to do this on live TV?

TXHawk

Reaction score
A lot of receivers who look open to casual fans really aren't. Fans seldom take into account the time it takes for the quarterback to release the ball, the time it takes the ball to travel to the receiver, and the speed at which NFL players can close on the ball.