Sounder Train or Light Rail to Seahawks Game?

Barakas

Reaction score
I try to make it to at least one game a year and usually drive to downtown Seattle but this year I'm thinking of taking the Sounder train from Edmonds or driving to the UW and taking Light Rail down to the stadium. I'm looking for insight from anyone who's taken either trains to the game. I'll be bringing my daughter (16) to her first game so I'm hoping to make it a fun, enjoyable, and not-to-stressful experience for her.

1) Considering that Edmonds is the 3rd stop on the way South to the game will the train be pretty full by the time it reaches Edmonds?

2) How fast do you have to rush to the Sounder train after the game to get on board in time?

3) If I take Light Rail can I park at the UW near the stadium?

4) How crowded is Light Rail after the game? I read that trying to get on at the International Station after the game can be a pain so is it easy enough to walk over to the Stadium Station after the game is over?

Thanks in advance for the insight

Go Hawks!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I highly recommend the Sounder from Edmonds.
Only negative is you’ll likely be standing on the way down to the game.
IMHO it’s the only way to go to the game.

No worry about parking, traffic, or your car getting broken into.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The problem with the Sounder is if the game goes into overtime. They won't add trains if the game runs over, this happened the one time I took a Sounder (to a game against the dis-chargers) and the last train (that we all *barely* made in time!) was the most overcrowded place I've ever been in my whole life. This guy in my car who was stuck in a wheelchair was in the bathroom because there was no other place for him, and he had to stay in there whilst others were using it. Yuck. No place to wheel him out to...

12HawkFan

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2r5eyz68 said:
The problem with the Sounder is if the game goes into overtime. They won't add trains if the game runs over, this happened the one time I took a Sounder (to a game against the dis-chargers) and the last train (that we all *barely* made in time!) was the most overcrowded place I've ever been in my whole life. This guy in my car who was stuck in a wheelchair was in the bathroom because there was no other place for him, and he had to stay in there whilst others were using it. Yuck. No place to wheel him out to...
This is the reason one of the gals that sits right in front of me gave up on the train some years back.

If the game goes long or into overtime you have few to little choices.

1- leave on time and miss one of the best endings of a game all year possibly

2- risk missing it hoping you can haul ass out of the stadium and get to the train station and possibly miss the LAST train and then you are stuck figuring out how to get home.

3- find another way home and catch the end of the game in it's entirety.

Bottom line is the trains don't deviate from their schedules one little bit unless there is a delay somewhere up or down the line and a Hawk game running late ain't gonna get a delay.

Good luck.

GO HAWKS!!!

12HF

ivotuk

Reaction score
Im a visitor to Seattle, staying with a friend in Burien, and I plan on leaving early for the AZ game (9:00am) from the light rail station at Tukwila.

For the Bengals game, I went early in the Bus from the Burien Terminal. Dropped me off right near CenturyLink. LOVED all the people, Blue Thunder was Freaking Amazing, and then the game!

After I had to walk to the South of the Link, up and over stairs between the Link and the baseball park to get to the light rail to Tukwila. Worked out perfectly. Lots of revelers to talk to, enjoying the win.

It was a good hour after the game because I walked around downtown, so wasn't crowded.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
One of the things I do for games now is check all Local transportation. Buses dont bother me so I take them all the time. I would check all outlets and see what is best for after games or other events. I had a backup plan for the game if I chose it taking bus 152 back to Kent station where I was staying at the time. So My suggestion is to look at all situations before traveling and take the best one which may be the Sounder and then try to catch it and if it does not work take a bus. A bus will get you close to where you want to be and you should be ok.

I do not have the capability of UBER or LYfting.
So that is out of the question for me.

ivotuk

Reaction score
My daughter introduced me to an app called citymapper. It works great, and even an old man like me was able to figure it out.

I plug in where im at, where I want to go, and what time. It gives me several options that show how long I might have to walk, what bus or train # to ride, when to get off, and connections if any.

It's a life saver for me.