Sounders Season Thread ***YEDLIN SOLD***

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Smurf":1gjyu79e said:
hawkfan68":1gjyu79e said:
Quality win! 4 goals in the first half and 2 by Andy Rose. With his two goals yesterday, Martins has 12 goals on the season so far.

That is the most goals Oba has scored with one team during one season in his entire professional career.

Previous record was 11 (with 3 clubs)

Nice!! He's also has 9 assists. Remarkable year from him. Glad he's stayed mostly healthy this season.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
The team hit a little slump there with the World Cup and took a bit to get their chemistry back, but they have appeared to recapture that in the last few matches.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounders don't play another game until Sept 12. It's a long layoff, hopefully they don't come out flat. I believe they had a long layoff before the Galaxy game and then proceeded to get pounded. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Great match. RSL did not lay down and die even when they had to face an onslaught of crosses by the Sounders after the red card.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Just back from the game. That was a damn important win, almost a 6 pointer and a real boost going into the cup final and the final stretch of the season. Felt we were too open at the back for the first goal we lost. The second was sheer luck with that deflection.

The referee was really weak. Should have booked more RSL players for time wasting and I need to see it again but it looked like a penalty for Martins. Speaking of Martins, maybe being harsh as he scored but he almost cost us the game with a few really bad misses. I felt if we drew, it would have been on him, just didn't seem his day.

Neagle's goal was sheer class, it's frustrating for me seeing him playing on the wings. Would prefer to see him up front.

I felt Barrett should have been on 10 minutes earlier along with Rose. I've been hard on Rose in the past but he needs to start now, especially with him having sky high confidence and the golden touch. Keep Pineda rested and fresh, we are going to need him down the stretch when guys get tired and for the more defensive games.

I think Kenny Cooper's time as a Sounder is up unless he plays in the Open Cup final. We don't need him if we have Chad Barrett. Barrett isn't the most gifted of players but he sure as hell tries.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good win. Rose is looking good these days. He was one of my whipping boys earlier :). Happy to say that he's making a good case for him not to stay as a whipping boy. As for my other whipping boy, is it me or does Frei make easy stops look so difficult? I wish there was a better option as GK.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ti0fyaf said:
Good win. Rose is looking good these days. He was one of my whipping boys earlier :). Happy to say that he's making a good case for him not to stay as a whipping boy. As for my other whipping boy, is it me or does Frei make easy stops look so difficult? I wish there was a better option as GK.

Apparently Hildebrand the former Stuttgart keeper is on trial/training with us. I always felt Gspurning was unfairly thrown under the bus last year for the collapse of the defense (he did great considering he had the disaster Jhon Kennedy in front of him). I prefer him to Frei

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1m0l6aeo said:
hawkfan68":1m0l6aeo said:

Apparently Hildebrand the former Stuttgart keeper is on trial/training with us. I always felt Gspurning was unfairly thrown under the bus last year for the collapse of the defense (he did great considering he had the disaster Jhon Kennedy in front of him). I prefer him to Frei

Interesting about Hildebrand. I agree with you about Gspurning. I wish he was still with the Sounders. On his worst day, he's much better than Frei.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Frei is decent enough to win us the cup this year. Would prefer another keeper next year. Frei just doesn't do it for me.

As for Cooper, he's served his purpose well. He's in the fight for 3rd striker with Barrett and Neagle and has done well when played out of position. He's been key to getting some results this year. I don't think starting the open cup will make or break his sounder career. He'll probably be here next year, and give us the same type of quality.

Rose has impressed since getting back from injury. 5 goals in 4 games I think.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounders are the first team to clinch a playoff spot this season. As frustrating this team has been at times, overall it's been a very good team.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1yoenfxc said:
Sounders are the first team to clinch a playoff spot this season. As frustrating this team has been at times, overall it's been a very good team.

Agree. Just need more consistency at times. There has been a couple of wtf games like the New England and LA games which have been baffling.

I think we are another central defender and a winger away from winning the play offs. Marshall is a beast but the quality drops off after that. Pappa coming back is a boost though. The schedule ahead looks okay before the LA games. Vancouver and Dallas probably being the toughest. We need maximum points right up till the LA games. I want no repeats of Colorado away from last year.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
We signed Nigerian defender Onyekachi Apam. I have no idea if he is good but if he is, it may just push us over the championship line since we have needed more depth there.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":10u43edl said:
We signed Nigerian defender Onyekachi Apam. I have no idea if he is good but if he is, it may just push us over the championship line since we have needed more depth there.

I heard them talk about him on the radio this morning. Apparently he hasn't played much in the past 4 years or so but is former member of the Nigerian national team. Maybe Obafemi Martins put in a good word for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/official-onyekachi-apam-signs-sounders-213841983.html

I wonder if this means the end of Djimi Traore as a Sounder? He hasn't had much impact this year due to injuries, etc.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
[url][/url]
hawkfan68":63wex36l said:
Glasgow Seahawk":63wex36l said:

I heard them talk about him on the radio this morning. Apparently he hasn't played much in the past 4 years or so but is former member of the Nigerian national team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/official-onyekachi-apam-signs-sounders-213841983.html

I wonder if this means the end of Djimi Traore as a Sounder? He hasn't had much impact this year due to injuries, etc.

Honestly, I hope so. He wasn't as bad as Hurtado but for any great things he done in a Sounders jersey, he also made some bone headed mistakes meaning you didn't know which player was going to show up. Apparently MLS is getting a 4th DP next year. Would love to see a quality defender or a left mid come in. Kenny Cooper looks like the players to be sacrificed for the upcoming expansion draft, could maybe see Neagle as well which would sadden me.