Speculation: McVay and the Rams Future

JPatera76

Reaction score

I agree with one of the comments in the comment section.

“McVay is that friend who’s with you when your doing good but a ups when you struggle”

I mean the dude sold the future for 1 SB and is imo bailing when they have jack for picks.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Interesting point they had regarding Denver’s HC search…

If you‘re wiling to pay the Saints for Sean Payton, why not check in with other options eg McVay, John Harbaugh, etc ?

5thgen

Reaction score
He did his job. There are a bunch of teams that would go all in and sacrifice yrs of growth if guaranteed a SB win.

Having said that, this guy got extremely lucky to win it last yr. Although, he also came close with Geoff too.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I don't think there's a single one of us who would have objected to Pete and John mortgaging the future for one successful Super Bowl run, however it does seem pretty shitty of him not to stick around and clean up the mess he's left.

getnasty

Reaction score
I don't think there's a single one of us who would have objected to Pete and John mortgaging the future for one successful Super Bowl run, however it does seem pretty shitty of him not to stick around and clean up the mess he's left.
Especially since he's so young. He'll bail wait a couple of years for a good gig to open up and then get back in the ring. Sure does make you appreciate Pete, BB, Tomlin, etc.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I'm glad Seattle got their ring and didn't have to get it using the McVay way.

Despite getting a ring, I wouldn't call McVay's career at this point, a success. Any decent coach can sell the farm & get ONE ring. But when your system rises up for a couple seasons, and then burns out, that's not the kind of success that anyone who strives for greatness, should use as an example.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He picked the Rams because they were loaded with talent.

Now that Kupp, Stafford and Donald are old and injured, and his team sucks, he bails.

knownone

Reaction score
McVay's entire brand is built around being a wunderkind. Losing seasons hurt that brand. And he knows how fortunate he was to inherit a talented roster, the best defensive player of his era, and to have an owner willing to sacrifice their future to win now.

That's the only reason he's contemplating retirement. And it's weak.