Speculation on trade

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Really good point.

TBF though, salary inequality in different O-line positions has also been declining though.

I think it will still be a good point four years into the future when these guys are going up for the 5th, but won't be as good of a point as it was four years into the past (if the 5th year option had hypothetically existed back then).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree with the above comments that Butler, Nkemdiche, and Ifedi were all under consideration at 26 but they traded down b/c they trusted their board that one or the other of the three would still be there @31. I believe they really were interested in Butler ahead of Ifedi or they thought Ifedi might be there later but having lost both Butler and Nkemdiche they pulled the string on Ifedi not wishing to lose all three players they had valued as potential 1st rd picks.

Motive for the trade was to gain pick value, but not help a Conference foe by helping them. Maybe if Jerrah had sweetened his offer he'd have got the deal and Seattle may have missed all three of the above.

HawkGA

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2hf9rruo said:
as has been said, it had nothing to do with kap.

We wanted Ifedi and wanted to make sure we got him. Having the 5th year option is nice too.

Also JS may have had this worked out with Denver for a while now "IF Lynch is there and theres a number of players the hawks wnat Ifedi being one, the deal is this."

Then when Dallas came calling late, their deal wasn't THAT much better to make JS reneg on the denver deal. JS's name around the league being important since we trade so ddang much.

Would be kind of neat if that was the case. I appreciate stand-up-ness.

OP
OP
S

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Hawks46":3gkkmxbh said:
I actually thought it was more about not having to see Paxton Lynch in the NFC.

I think that's only a slight consideration, but Dallas reportedly offered Seattle about the same as Denver, but you'd fall to the 2nd round. They tried to sweeten the pot and add more, but Seattle didn't return their call and pulled the trigger on the deal with Denver.

Schneider also talks about teams he has a good relationship with as being willing trade partners. Maybe he's like the rest of us, and doesn't like Jerry Jones.

I agree with the thought on Lynch. The Cards were rumored to be interested... Palmer is getting old. As for Kap, the Broncos no longer had a need to trade for him because they got a QB. What if they didn't get a QB? They probably would have take on Kaps huge contract. Some have pointed out that SF will suck for years. If they unloaded Kap and his huge contract they would be able to get better faster. So I guess what I was thinking was 1 - Now Sam Fran is stuck with Kaps horrible contract thus hamstringing them a bit and 2 - The Seahawks own Kap. I think the Seahawks focus on their own picks but to control how other teams rosters look is even more genius. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that this was part of the consideration for which trade to accept... Also, I am of the opinion that The OL we took would have been there 4 picks away - is there any information out there stating differently?