SPECULATION/RUMOR: Michael Bennett seeking trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Seriously though all this from one beat writer from Dallas???

Cmooon

We should have trade for Martellus Bennett over Jimmy G!!!!!!!!!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man I do not like this, I really would hope the Bennett camp would come out and deny this is if it is false.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3idxgk4q said:
I don't get the Marshawn opening up the floodgates tweet.

Marshawn DIDN'T get his deal re-done last year, he had to wait until this year, the last year of his contract.........which is the typical year for renegotiating deals.

They gave him an extra 1.5 million last year to get him into camp before redoing his contract again this year.

C'mon, I'm not even a seahawks fan and I know this. ;)

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Blitzer88":uxslnjon said:
Man I do not like this, I really would hope the Bennett camp would come out and deny this is if it is false.
You would think they would. This report does not help Bennett in anyway that I can imagine. We wouldn't trade him and eat the dead money for funzies. I am highly skeptical until we see something that looks remotely official and with the Seahawks denying it, it is in Bennett's court.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Does this mean Danny talked to Michael?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DDMon710/status/577905131544440833[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1kw4ue87 said:
The "SUH" effect :stirthepot:

Definitely. I'm sure Bennett fancies himself as one of the top interior AND exterior d-lineman in the league, so when he sees Suh get DOUBLE what he's being paid? Gotta be some resentment there.

But again, tough noggies homey. 3 years left on your contract = get to work.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2l2av0iq said:
Does this mean Danny talked to Michael?

This is what I like to see. Unless this only means from the Seahawks side. Hopefully he has talked to Bennett's camp.

LTH

Reaction score
I'm hoisting the BS flag here....why would Seattle let Bennett go and then replace him with Hardy who might miss 6 games to suspension? That makes no sense to me... Bennett is under contract he has no leverage at all... bvut if it is true and the hawks let him go for a 4th round pick I am going to be pissed...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":c4e4r2ax said:
Sgt. Largent":c4e4r2ax said:
I don't get the Marshawn opening up the floodgates tweet.

Marshawn DIDN'T get his deal re-done last year, he had to wait until this year, the last year of his contract.........which is the typical year for renegotiating deals.

They gave him an extra 1.5 million last year to get him into camp before redoing his contract again this year.

C'mon, I'm not even a seahawks fan and I know this. ;)

All Lynch got was some of his bonus money earlier than he was suppose to, not even close to re-doing an entire contract with THREE years left on it.

So to throw out the "OMG Schneider opened up some pandora's box!" is stupid.

Hyak

Reaction score
Perhaps it's true that Bennett is unhappy that he mis-read the market last year.

It's also possible that Drew Rosenhaus is leaking this to help the market for Hardy. If Dallas thinks Seattle is all in on Hardy, they are more likely to try to lock him up while he's there. Meanwhile, he can then refute those rumors and say Bennett is happy in Seattle, blah, blah, blah. It's also possible that DR is trying to get the Seahawks more interested in Hardy by floating the Bennett is unhappy angle.

I'll say this - Bennett may get traded if he's indeed totally unhappy but it will be on Seattle's terms. There's no way they will re-do the deal 1 year in. Hell they won't do that 2 years in either.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
This is bothersome because very good DT that play inside are difficult to find. Hence why most of the line is from free agency. Bennett would be a huge loss. Lame.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2qou61r0 said:
Yoonhawk":2qou61r0 said:
HawkFan72":2qou61r0 said:

That's not more confirmation. That's another media outlet quoting the same source.

PFT doesn't start quoting sources unless they think they can trust them. I see that as confirmation that this rumor is legitimate.

I hope you are kidding about PFT. PFT is the same site that said there was a Dez Bryant video.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Multiple sources now confirming Bennett has NOT asked for a trade.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/577904641175740416[/tweet]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
FargoHawk":97d18txn said:
HawkFan72":97d18txn said:
Yoonhawk":97d18txn said:
HawkFan72":97d18txn said:

That's not more confirmation. That's another media outlet quoting the same source.

PFT doesn't start quoting sources unless they think they can trust them. I see that as confirmation that this rumor is legitimate.

I hope you are kidding about PFT. PFT is the same site that said there was a Dez Bryant video.

And so did Adam Schefter. Guess he's a hack too.

Status
Not open for further replies.