kidhawk":10eg1z52 said:
FlyHawksFly":10eg1z52 said:
MontanaHawk05":10eg1z52 said:
I think this Clarence Hill character put together the following facts:

* Dan Quinn is in Atlanta

* Greg Hardy is visiting Seattle

* Michael Bennett wanting more money wouldn't be surprising

* The Seahawks would save cap room by trading

...guessed that the move would happen, and decided to try and get ahead of it for the sake of his own Twitter count.

And now he's looking stupid.

Or it might have been some NFL team feeding him bogus, but he'll still look stupid. The better beat reporters know when a team is just trying to use them.

Or...he told some information by someone close to the situation when he was looking to Dallas' interest in Hardy. This guy isn't Joe Blogger and doesn't need to float made up stories. Now, whether or not that info was misinterpreted or misinformation remains to be seen.

So all the beat writers for Seattle, writers for NFL.com who have been on the job for a long time with good Seahawks history, say that it's not true, and yet one guy with ties to Dallas is supposed to be the most credible?

I'll take multiple different sources close to Seattle denying it over one guy from Dallas saying it's true, every day and twice on sunday

They didn't say it's not true, they said that as of now he hasn't asked for a trade. Doesn't really validate/invalidate the report IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not everyone bit, people will believe anything, so hilarious. This ranks up there with "Jared Allen is a Seahawk"
and "Marshawn Lynch is going to retire"

kidhawk

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":ellif5xl said:
They didn't say it's not true, they said that as of now he hasn't asked for a trade. Doesn't really validate/invalidate the report IMO.

The report is that he's seeking a trade to Atlanta. It's literally impossible to seek a trade to a team without requesting it. I could desire a trade to Atlanta and not request it, but if he wants a trade and is actually seeking that trade, then he must have asked. Since he didn't, the report is wrong.

The question here, is do people just want to believe it so much that they will defend a single twitter user over multiple denials?

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Largent80":2gx9p3fv said:
The jackass that started this fake report is coming up on KIRO in 2 minutes....http://player.listenlive.co/35801

Interesting that he is making the local media rounds - he was already on with Ian Furness on KJR earlier. He was the one that was told that "Seattle will match any Dallas offer on Hardy" once Bennett traded.

The whole things sound crazy

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If this whole Michael Bennett thing holds zero truth, this guy should lose his job. It's one thing to report an actual rumor, but if he pulled this out his ass, he should be canned.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
My take on this? The whole thing just sounds total BS.

I mean Bennett just signed a $26M contract. Why back out a year into it?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm listening to him right now on 710 ESPN, sounds like he's back-tracking a bit. He sounds pretty uneasy now....

But he does say he "trusts his sources." But at the same time, he does seem a bit on the defensive side.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3bykjgbo said:
If this whole Michael Bennett thing holds zero truth, this guy should lose his job. It's one thing to report an actual rumor, but if he pulled this out his ass, he should be canned.

A beat writer would never make up a rumor like this, but it's their job to corroborate it with a few sources from different sides before making it known.

Largent80

Reaction score
He's talking more about Hardy than Bennett.

Also saying Bennett won't respond because it is true.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
So these beat writers are getting on the same level as some of the people on where who also had "reliable sources"

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I believe the guy, I just don't think it's true.

I think he has sources who did tell him this, but I think Clarence Hill made a mistake by tweeting this out so early.

This could be a case where his sources have been right in the past, but this time they are likely wrong.

Largent80

Reaction score
That dude is lying. Driving up the price for Hardy. Same agent as M.B.

His "sources" are Rosenhaus.

MVP53

Reaction score
lukerguy":tbnx55fm said:
Hawk-Lock":tbnx55fm said:

A beat writer would never make up a rumor like this, but it's their job to corroborate it with a few sources from different sides before making it known.

A lot of "shoot the messenger" going on with this story. The beat writer heard something, confirmed it with other sources, and reported. From what I can tell, at this point, he didn't do anything wrong.

Now, does this mean Bennett will be traded? Absolutely not. But, that doesn't mean what Hill heard wasn't true and doesn't mean he was in the wrong for reporting it.

Norn Iron man

Reaction score
Bennett could kill this story in seconds with a tweet. . The fact he hasn't has me a bit worried.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Norn Iron man":3igo4ifs said:
Bennett could kill this story in seconds with a tweet. . The fact he hasn't has me a bit worried.

It doesn't look like he's used Twitter since November. I wouldn't let that concern you.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Norn Iron man":1g2wa9e5 said:

That's how I feel............would put me at ease if he did something like that and until otherwise I believe this rumor to have some legs to it.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
1154.gif

Hope it's not true, glad it's getting shot down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts