Starting defense going into week 1

bileever

Reaction score
We now have 5 players on the team who had at least 8 tackles for loss last year. Three of them were not on the team last year: Wagner, Love and Jones.

Only the Eagles and Cowboys have as many players who had at least 8 TFLs. The 49ers only have 2.

BASF

Reaction score
So much of line play in football is about chemistry. You can have great pieces but if they don't play well together, your line will struggle. The lack of reps togther due to various aliments in the offseason is certainly a cause for concern. However, they may play off one another like gangbusters and we will be in for a treat. The "starters" are all veterans and I am sure they know what to do. Of course we could say that last year and we saw how Hurtt's system had each of them have their worst seasons.

Chawker

Reaction score
I feel a whole lot better this year then I did going into 2022 ! Good point BASF, about chemistry ! And toffee, sing it, Aretha R-E-S-P-E-C-T That what it means to me.

Now go get'em boys !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

FLSeahawk

Reaction score
I’d like to see more press coverage from the corners, especially when Spoon gets back and settles into the position (hopefully 3-5 games after he’s back practicing). Both he and Woolen have the speed to run with anyone from the press. It’ll buy the d line an extra second or 2 which should lead to hurries, sacks, and busted plays, which by the look of it is what this d line is built to do.

Playing 7-10 yards back on 3rd and 5 and giving up easy 5-7 yard slants was one of the most frustrating things to watch last season.

Ruminator

Reaction score
With all the moves/additions made on D since last season, it seems a pretty safe bet that the average final score of Seattle's opponents will be more than a handful of points decreased compared to the last few seasons, at least by Week 8 or so. Am quite optimistic, but we'll see.