Steve Ballmer possibly buying the Clippers

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2c2n26s7 said:
He might as well have said nothing.
Why?

Yeah, no way he should reassure the fans he is still vying for a team...what a dumb thing for him to do

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":1f297h6c said:
why is it so hard for you guys to get a team (both NBA and NHL)? I mean, isn't Seattle a top 10 city?

It's funny to me that cities like Minneapolis have all 3 major franchises, but you guys only have 1.

If I were to rank the order of importance to get an NBA team, I'd put St. Louis as (1) and Seattle as (2).

I feel like you guys should be next in line for an NHL team, but I can't think of a current franchise trying to move, and I don't think the NHL is looking for an expansion team at the moment

LOL WUT

We have an NFL and MLB team. We are only missing the NBA. NHL is a distant 4th.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":2aim7l99 said:
why is it so hard for you guys to get a team (both NBA and NHL)? I mean, isn't Seattle a top 10 city?

It's funny to me that cities like Minneapolis have all 3 major franchises, but you guys only have 1.

If I were to rank the order of importance to get an NBA team, I'd put St. Louis as (1) and Seattle as (2).

I feel like you guys should be next in line for an NHL team, but I can't think of a current franchise trying to move, and I don't think the NHL is looking for an expansion team at the moment

No arena

Chapow

Reaction score
Throwdown":2tvd1j8n said:
SonicHawk":2tvd1j8n said:
He might as well have said nothing.

Pretty much, that was like the most useless 7 seconds of my life.

That's what she said.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":2jwirp1g said:

another this, is St. Louis vying for a team? they have the Scottrade Center, but I've never seen 'em mentioned when it comes to the NBA and potential cities, its always Seatte, Las Vegas, Kansas City, Anaheim, and Louisville.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":ezn1p6du said:
Front7vLOB":ezn1p6du said:

LOL WUT

lol forgot Mariners for a sec. They have a nice ball park. Been to a game there a couple years ago.

Either way, Seattle only has 2/4 major sports.

NHL might not be popular in the PNW, but it is certainly big in other parts of the country

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Throwdown":3v46g0nh said:
Front7vLOB":3v46g0nh said:

another this, is St. Louis vying for a team? they have the Scottrade Center, but I've never seen 'em mentioned when it comes to the NBA and potential cities, its always Seatte, Las Vegas, Kansas City, Anaheim, and Louisville.
Kansas City and St. Louis are pretty much the same thing I guess.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Throwdown":j76xqbgu said:
Front7vLOB":j76xqbgu said:

No arena

I think you guys could find space for an area. If not in Seattle, in one of the surrounding suburbs. Unless they are worried about traffic being an issue

Throwdown

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":q1l75ewz said:
Seahawks1983":q1l75ewz said:
Front7vLOB":q1l75ewz said:

LOL WUT

lol forgot Mariners for a sec. They have a nice ball park. Been to a game there a couple years ago.

Either way, Seattle only has 2/4 major sports.

NHL might not be popular in the PNW, but it is certainly big in other parts of the country

NHL would hit it off huge here in Seattle, much like the MLS did, except the NHL is a lot bigger than the MLS and it'd be ridiculous. I mean I'm not a hockey guy in the least bit, I'm an NBA guy, but everyone knows that Seattle wants the NHL, and the NHL is trying to get into Seattle. There's a group of investors for the NHL, that (I've heard) are teaming with Chris Hansen (the arena investor and NBA guy).

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":2wpomzmf said:
Throwdown":2wpomzmf said:
Front7vLOB":2wpomzmf said:

No arena

I think you guys could find space for an area. If not in Seattle, in one of the surrounding suburbs. Unless they are worried about traffic being an issue

Space isn't really an issue. The land has already been purchased. Just need these got damn politicians to back off

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Ballmer is overpaying for the Clippers. That franchise isn't worth 3 as much as the Bucks or Kings. They aren't that much better than either of those teams. Yes, they are experiencing recent success on the court. The only thing they have is a huge market. However, teams aren't valued for wins/losses.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":8cp72ocs said:
Ballmer is overpaying for the Clippers. That franchise isn't worth 3 as much as the Bucks or Kings. They aren't that much better than either of those teams. Yes, they are experiencing recent success on the court. The only thing they have is a huge market. However, teams aren't valued for wins/losses.

Well... the team wasn't worth that much 5 years ago, and probably wasn't worth that much 2 years ago... but with the Hansen group looking to buy Sacramento for 3/4 billion (and move it to Seattle to build a half billion dollar stadium), and the value of the upcoming tv contract, the enormous market that is LA and SoCal, a beautiful new arena, and the fact that the NBA is expanding and growing at a pace it hadn't seen in quite a while... $2B might not be a great deal for LA, it's not a bad deal.

Their actual value is probably closer to ~$1.5B, but in 10 years it will easily be past $2B.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
NBA franchise values have risen considerably in the past 10 years.

Can you believe that the Sonics were sold $350M? OKC's value in the middle of nowhere is at least double that now. Would probably be close to $900M - $1B in Seattle.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2kk1l6cd said:
http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/a-message-to-seattle-fans

Chris Hansen speaks

This did nothing for me...........just a generic statement...........