Steven Hauschka

2_0_6

Reaction score
Tell him we will give him $2mil per, and spend more $$ on a good snapper. The snaps week to week are all over the place. Why we still have the current snapper going into the final week is mind boggling.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Let's not kid ourselves, no one will want to sign here until they get a new snapper. :sarcasm_off:

timmat

Reaction score
The very flat trajectory of his kicks makes for a very small margin for error. Blocking up front has been bad this year, snaps are inconsistent, and kicks are flat. The trajectory issue is not new to this year. It's just finally biting us when combined with the other issues. We sit in the S end zone elevated a bit with a great view for kicks. All the folks around us have been howling over several years how close his kicks come to not clearing the line. But they managed to squeak over time and time again for many years with great results. Not so much now. If you watch the trajectory of visiting team's kickers, the height at the kick's highest point is much higher than our guy. Now that doesn't speak to other things that go into being a great kicker. But he's always kicked a flat ball.

Millen Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ha99evx said:
Bring Gresham back and I bet Haush's problems magically disappear.

This seems to be the obvious answer to Hauschka's issues. The only difference between the last few years and this year is the long snapper. A lot of the FG and punts that have been blocked and/or missed were due to poor snaps. A few of the blocked kicks were due to defenders going right up the middle where the LS should have blocked the runner.

Between the missed FG and blocked punts, i'd guess that the LS has cost us close to 30 points if not more. He cost us 10 points against the AZ game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":2x52k5we said:
What they see is he can get down field quickly on Punts for coverage. That's it.

That's because Frese never blocks his guy and that's the guy that causes the errors - blocked punts/FG/XP attempts, and misses. At least Gresham could block. How many blocks have there been this season, I don't think if you added up all the blocks from previous seasons it would add to that number this season. Just unacceptable.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Reaneypark":3sc6k9ff said:
If he closes the season strong, keep him.
I agree. Let's wait and see how the rest of the season unfolds until any rash decisions are made.

I still feel like a lot of the kicking game ills this season are directly related to the LS situation. And it's not just Hausch, either. Jon Ryan has had to deal with bad snaps, and he kind of looks anxious out there pre snap at times, as if he's trying to figure out which way the snap will go. They miss Gresh. He was so automatic. Letting him go to save a couple hundred thousand dollars and to get more "athletic" at the position was foolish. If it isn't broke, don't tinker with it. That trio was automatic for years. Shame on John and Pete on this one.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Watched that last extra point miss again. Snap was high, but was down and in place on time. Shouldn't have affected him one iota. And yes, there was a rusher attempting a block from the right side, but he wasn't there in time and also shouldn't have affected him.

Face it, that kick was just plain missed.

timmat

Reaction score
Well, another blocked PAT. The flat trajectory cannot be ignored when he's a free agent. The blocking is obviously an issue, but the margin for error is so small with kicks just clearing the line as it is.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Every week convinces me more and more that we need to let this guy walk after the season. There are better uses for his salary.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I concur I'd take a rookie and save the money for the oline

Leew72

Reaction score
The guy looks shot on extra points (fine for FGs though) its a problem when it comes to momentum shifts

Rat

Reaction score
It's probably ridiculous to even consider this, but should we use a roster spot on a second kicker who can take over XPs for the rest of the playoffs? Hausch still has the yips on the point afters.

andyh64000

Reaction score
FireHawk79":29iogpl8 said:
Well if our offense still has trouble scoring td's then we def need him!

To what? Miss extra points?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hausch should be finished as an NFL kicker. 7 missed extra points is unacceptable. I would think we could find a decent free agent kicker in the near future.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
i love Haush $ but this is not okay.

no way we can pay him. I'm way more confident when he kicks a 40 yard fg than an ep

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He gets really, really lazy on xps. It's weird. Low and sloppy.

He kind of acts like it should be a given, and now that it is not, he is too good for that shit.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Convinced Haushcka has gambling debts at this point. It has been an uncanny drop in production