Still the best in the NFC WEST

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
What you don't know about the cap is immense.

Actually they have the 10th most cap room in the NFL with several contracts that are easily converted into bonus clearing up even more cap space AND they don't have a QB eating up huge cap $$$.

CMC not going anywhere.

The only starters they may lose are McGlinchey, Ward and Ebukam. They likely want to improve on McGlinchey anyway.
Here’s something to put things into perspective regarding draft capital C66C55A1 D346 4FAD B115 F4E2C0EC96EB

Marvin49

Reaction score
How many points did Philly score Marvin? Answer the question. Your defense couldn't keep them out of the end zone.

It's cute that you think they would have won that game with Purdy. 1994............and counting

Riiight.....and you think there is no relation between an offense that can't move or hold onto the ball and a defense giving up points?

I don't want this to turn into me disrespecting the Eagles. They are EXCELLENT....particularly on the lines.

However, if you think losing both QBs had no impact on the game ort the final score, I don't know what to tell you.

I have no idea if the Niners win that game with Purdy. I do know that there was no team they could beat with no QB capable of throwing the ball.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Both teams are excellent. Philly was the better team yesterday that's all.

Honestly? That would be fine. I've seen the 49ers lose several NFCCGs.

Yesterday though...its not that I'm going to sell that they are better than the Eagles. I don't know that.

I just feel robbed of the opportunity to find out. I'd rather have seen them get trucked than see that.

Eagles hit him. It wasn't a cheap shot. It wasn't intentional. It was bad luck. QBs get hit every game. You don't expect that the first time he's hit on a completely legal play will result in losing him for 6+ months.

Just sucked...and no, I don't expect any sympathy. LOL.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
And your window is closing. Trey Lance and McCaffrey were awful trade’s considering the cap hit with no rings to speak of. And now a $12 million dollar cap hit next year with a declining roster for a running back? You pay that kind of money to a stud lineman not a running back.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Niners dominated before the salary cap. They purchased their wins. Have not won a Super Bowl in the post cap era.
And in that situation they got popped for deferring salary off the books, agreeing to hire certain player/s as assistants or consultant level staff for ridiculous money. It cost them draft picks about 5 years later.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Honestly? That would be fine. I've seen the 49ers lose several NFCCGs.

Yesterday though...its not that I'm going to sell that they are better than the Eagles. I don't know that.

I just feel robbed of the opportunity to find out. I'd rather have seen them get trucked than see that.

Eagles hit him. It wasn't a cheap shot. It wasn't intentional. It was bad luck. QBs get hit every game. You don't expect that the first time he's hit on a completely legal play will result in losing him for 6+ months.

Just sucked...and no, I don't expect any sympathy. LOL.
ROBBED of the opportunity? By which thief? The entire right side of the O-Line?

Marvin49

Reaction score
And your window is closing. Trey Lance and McCaffrey were awful trade’s considering the cap hit with no rings to speak of. And now a $12 million dollar cap hit next year with a declining roster for a running back? You pay that kind of money to a stud lineman not a running back.

Funny...I keep hearing that.

"Window is closing". Been hearing that for like 3 years now and they keep getting to the NFCCG.

Cap exploding in coming years. They'll likely extend CMC into the future and create cap room while they have QBs on rookie deals.

Outside of Trent, all of the 49ers best players are in their primes...and even he still looked damn good this season.

Hoping the window is closing and it actually closing are two completely different things.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I'm sorry Red, I respect you, I gotta call you out on that one.

That's such a played BS line. "They purchased their wins".

That's total BS.

Yes, Eddie D was an owner unafraid to spend money and he paid his player handsomely.

However, THERE WAS NO FREE AGENCY.

Players didn't have the freedom to leave and the 49ers didn't spend all their money attracting the best free agents.

They won 4 rings with players they drafted and traded for. Their last SB was in the first year of Free Agency.

Now EVERY team purchases wins.
Marvin.... you better read up on your history, starting with Brent Jones, DruckenMiller, Woodall and yes, even Steve Young.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin.... you better read up on your history, starting with Brent Jones, DruckenMiller, Woodall and yes, even Steve Young.
I have...and all of those contracts happened after their last championship. Druckenmiller wasn't even on the roster and Woodall was a rookie late round pick in 94'.

Sadly, I don't have to read up. I'm old enough to have seen it all live.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Funny...I keep hearing that.

"Window is closing". Been hearing that for like 3 years now and they keep getting to the NFCCG.

Cap exploding in coming years. They'll likely extend CMC into the future and create cap room while they have QBs on rookie deals.

Outside of Trent, all of the 49ers best players are in their primes...and even he still looked damn good this season.

Hoping the window is closing and it actually closing are two completely different things.
You have been hearing that for 3 years now? Because they keep getting to the NFCCG? I could be wrong but the 2020 Niners got pounded like a 5'5" 120 lb. prison inmate. Honestly the first time I even heard the Niners have some cap trouble was from a Niners fan in the tire store around Christmas, stating if they don't get it this year its going to be a few before they get back and based on history, I kind of agree. 2011-2013 , 2019, 2021 and 22.

Marvin49

Reaction score
You have been hearing that for 3 years now? Because they keep getting to the NFCCG? I could be wrong but the 2020 Niners got pounded like a 5'5" 120 lb. prison inmate. Honestly the first time I even heard the Niners have some cap trouble was from a Niners fan in the tire store around Christmas, stating if they don't get it this year its going to be a few before they get back and based on history, I kind of agree. 2011-2013 , 2019, 2021 and 22.

I started reading ON THIS SITE after 2019 SB loss that the 49ers window was going to close.

They've been to 2 NFCCGs since then.

Newsflash: Random Niner fan from the tire store doesn't know what he's talking about.

Harbaugh 49ers fell apart when he was fired and seemingly half the team retired in a single offseason. I don't see that happening again.

"This team, which finished 8-8 last season (the first non-winning season in Jim Harbaugh's tenure) watched Harbaugh, offensive coordinator Greg Roman and defensive coordinator Vic Fangio depart to other teams; saw starting linebackers Patrick Willis and Chris Borland, defensive tackle Justin Smith and right tackle Anthony Davis retire; lost guard Mike Iupati, cornerbacks Chris Culliver and Perrish Cox, receiver Michael Crabtree and running back Frank Gore to free agency; and released offensive tackle Jonathan Martin and receiver Stevie Johnson. For good measure, the 49ers traded punter Andy Lee, who tied for third-best yards-per-punt average in 2014, to the Browns for a seventh-round pick in 2017"

Good times. LOL.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have...and all of those contracts happened after their last championship. Druckenmiller wasn't even on the roster and Woodall was a rookie late round pick in 94'.
Ya Ya... I know. I am talking about the Jones deferred money and the Young thing when his contract was established for 1993, especially around that time they claimed to "re-structure" some for Sanders when they had like 22k available under the cap, all of a sudden they get him 1.1 million. Besides, you are arguing that they DIDN'T pull that crap because they only got busted for the DruckenMiller deal later? The basic FA stuff we have today started in 93 didn't it?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ya Ya... I know. I am talking about the Jones deferred money and the Young thing when his contract was established for 1993, especially around that time they claimed to "re-structure" some for Sanders when they had like 22k available under the cap, all of a sudden they get him 1.1 million. Besides, you are arguing that they DIDN'T pull that crap because they only got busted for the DruckenMiller deal later? The basic FA stuff we have today started in 93 didn't it?
Yes. 93'

Eddie paid his players far more than he needed to especially when you consider that there was no cap and no free agency. Owners hated it.

Suddenly, owners wanted to institute a cap and the 49ers were effectively punished for playing his players well throughout his tenure.

Honestly, I don't give a sh*t and neither would you. That Deion contract, again, was in 94'. Again, they had won 4 Lombardis BEFORE that.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
You know that Seattle lost to the Cowboys in the playoffs in 2019?
Well it wasn't 2012, that was the road loss to ATL on that last second FG deal after beating the Skins. Hmmm.. obviously not 2013 or 2014, they were 5-1 in the playoffs those 2 years, in 2015 they lost the divisional to Carolina after winning the WC game in Minnesota, in 2016 they lost to ATL in divisional after beating the Lions, 2017 was a no show, wait.. it was 2018 season because in 2019 they lost to the Packers after beating the Eagles on the road and in 2020 they lost to the Rams in the playoffs and in 2022 they lost to the Niners. Dang, they did lose to the Cowboys in that year. Oh well, they missed the playoffs in 2017 so it was fun to get back there. I'm sure the 2018 Niners would have taken out those Cowboys. What about the 2017 Niners? If not them the 2016 Niners? Oh I know... the 2015 Niners would have and SURELY the 2014 Niners, that was the year with the Stadium thingy.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Yes. 93'

Eddie paid his players far more than he needed to especially when you consider that there was no cap and no free agency. Owners hated it.

Suddenly, owners wanted to institute a cap and the 49ers were effectively punished for playing his players well throughout his tenure.

Honestly, I don't give a sh*t and neither would you. That Deion contract, again, was in 94'. Again, they had won 4 Lombardis BEFORE that.
I was there Princess. Trust me, I am old and I know, I even WANTED them to win those. To give it some perspective, consider that. :)