Strength coach fired.

chris98251

Reaction score
Our mechanical blocking sleds have been hitting back is the biggest issue, need to lay off the synthetic oil for them.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JRobinson":yr3nbqhc said:
AgentDib":yr3nbqhc said:
Color me highly skeptical that anybody on the outside can know how effective training staff are unless they are getting inside information from somebody. The idea that a good training staff can prevent Injuries to a significant, observable level that is distinguishable from randomness is complete nonsense.

The Huskies did have a ton of injuries under Sark but our most injured year was in 2008 the year before he arrived. Our 2017 season was wrecked by key injuries and I didn't hear any fans blaming a coaching staff they liked for it.

Midway this season our OL was healthy and plenty of Hawks fans on this board were praising Solari and claiming that Cable's system caused our injury problems of the past. The injury luck didn't hold up and so now the fault was our strength and conditioning coach. Fans want to think that injuries are under our control somehow but the truth is that the NFL is a violent game and anybody can get hurt on any play even if everything is being done correctly.

i do think that having a good training staff is greatly important, especially with the soft tissue stuff. But as you said, you can’t say that one training staff prevents injuries better than another. That’s just silly.

Our OLine has been fully healthy for the last two complete seasons, and outside of losing Cooper Kupp for the season and Talib for a while, we’ve been healthy. “Our training staff is better than yours”.... false. They are all highly trained professionals on every team.
Did your teams starters and second string all sit out of preseason just
to avoid injuries?
This may be the thing for most teams to do going foward..

davidonmi

Reaction score
Ivan Lewis is a disaster. He was garbage at UW and maybe even worse at USC. There's a whole twitter thread filled with sad husky/seahawk fans and USC fans begging Pete to hire him.

Seriously, what the hell Pete.

BigMeach

Reaction score
When athletes get to the level of high end race cars strength coaches make or break teams... Bottom line.

JRobinson

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3868ptmj said:
JRobinson":3868ptmj said:
AgentDib":3868ptmj said:
Color me highly skeptical that anybody on the outside can know how effective training staff are unless they are getting inside information from somebody. The idea that a good training staff can prevent Injuries to a significant, observable level that is distinguishable from randomness is complete nonsense.

The Huskies did have a ton of injuries under Sark but our most injured year was in 2008 the year before he arrived. Our 2017 season was wrecked by key injuries and I didn't hear any fans blaming a coaching staff they liked for it.

Midway this season our OL was healthy and plenty of Hawks fans on this board were praising Solari and claiming that Cable's system caused our injury problems of the past. The injury luck didn't hold up and so now the fault was our strength and conditioning coach. Fans want to think that injuries are under our control somehow but the truth is that the NFL is a violent game and anybody can get hurt on any play even if everything is being done correctly.

i do think that having a good training staff is greatly important, especially with the soft tissue stuff. But as you said, you can’t say that one training staff prevents injuries better than another. That’s just silly.

Our OLine has been fully healthy for the last two complete seasons, and outside of losing Cooper Kupp for the season and Talib for a while, we’ve been healthy. “Our training staff is better than yours”.... false. They are all highly trained professionals on every team.
to avoid injuries?

Ya know I honestly have no idea why McVay didn’t play our starters at all. If I were a betting man, I’d say you hit the nail on the head. I would also bet that other teams will copy what we have implemented. So I agree with you in full (I hate Seattle :mrgreen: ). <—— just a reminder lol

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JRobinson":21vxqhj9 said:
IndyHawk":21vxqhj9 said:
JRobinson":21vxqhj9 said:
AgentDib":21vxqhj9 said:

to avoid injuries?

Ya know I honestly have no idea why McVay didn’t play our starters at all. If I were a betting man, I’d say you hit the nail on the head. I would also bet that other teams will copy what we have implemented. So I agree with you in full (I hate Seattle :mrgreen: ). <—— just a reminder lol
Its ok to hate the team..That is easy..lol