Summer talk : Amara Darboh's potential and issues

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1024358294876344320[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1024371399509438464[/tweet]

This is really good to hear. I noticed that Schottenheimer wasn't talking up Darboh much after the first few days of camp; he spotlighted Baldwin, Lockett, Brown, Reynolds, Moore, and Marshall.

Baldwin was out today with a compression wrap on left leg and appeared to be walking gingerly on it. The big WRs Moore and Marshall were also out.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I don't think Darboh makes it. I agree that he is in competition with Brown, and sounds like Brown has been the best wr in camp, with Baldwin out. He isn't getting the shout outs like the younger guys, but he is making plays. I think Moore or Reynolds will beat him out too,and I think Moore will beat Reynolds, although Reynolds making noise. With FB, dont think they will keep 6 wrs. I think the other roster spot will be between Marshal and Mcevoy, with Marshall winning out. I think they will cut Darboh, and he will sneak onto the ps. I don't think he has shown enough for a team to sign him to their active roster. Still early, and all this could be bs, so we shall see.

Edit: Speaking on his potential, he has some. He has good size/speed, and strong hands. He had decent route running in college, but don't know if it will be good enough against top db's in the NFL. So, I believe, with very little evidence, that he is a wr4. His main issue as relates to this roster, is his size/speed is comparable to three other receivers on this roster, and his speed may be a little on the slower side, comparably. He would really benefit being on ps, to refine his skills.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team is not afraid to get rid of 3rd or 4th round Receivers, so I wouldn't be surprised one bit. You either can cut it or you can't.

Rat

Reaction score
My wife is a big Michigan fan, so I'm stuck watching them nearly every week, and Darboh stood out a LOT. It felt like whenever they needed a clutch catch, there's Darboh coming through.

Underwhelming rookie season, but I'm still high on him. I think that whole "it takes 2-3 years to learn the position" thing is largely outdated in today's NFL, with seemingly more rookies balling out every year, but I'm sure it's still true for some of them. It didn't seem like Darboh was given a lot of chances anyway. I think he'll thrive with more PT this year.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
If he was going to be good he would have at least flashed. Look at Kenny Galloday lions WR for example. Also picked in the 3rd round just before Darboh and he did something last year.

Darboh, Vannett, Prosise, Ifedi, Ohdiahmbo..... either step up or get cut. Im really starting to feel like we either had great drafts early on because of scouts/FO people we had and are gone now (Scot McCloughan) or luck. We are lacking talent on the field currently due to poor drafts the last 3 - 4 years.

STEP UP OR GET CUT. :irishdrinkers:

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
For what it’s worth there are several highlights of Russ to Darboh so far in camp up on .com. I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":zmrncqyp said:
If he was going to be good he would have at least flashed. Look at Kenny Galloday lions WR for example. Also picked in the 3rd round just before Darboh and he did something last year.

Darboh, Vannett, Prosise, Ifedi, Ohdiahmbo..... either step up or get cut. Im really starting to feel like we either had great drafts early on because of scouts/FO people we had and are gone now (Scot McCloughan) or luck. We are lacking talent on the field currently due to poor drafts the last 3 - 4 years.

STEP UP OR GET CUT. :irishdrinkers:

Darboh has been underwhelming, but not like he had a lot of opportunity to play. Last season, for tall procession receiver, we had Jimmy, the team was trying to get the most out of him. Then we had Baldwain, Richardson, Lockett, Darboh wasn't given lots of playing time. For the little that he got, he didn't impress, that's for sure.

Vannett probably will get cut, he hasn't done much and underwhelmed in camp so far.

Ifedi is a tough case, he has been his own worst enemy, if he could cut his penalties by 50%, he is actually almost serviceable.

Ohdiamhbo, he wasn't ready to start at LT, that's for sure. But he's a tough guy, played with multiple broken fingers. He could excel as G?

IF Darboh and Ifedi could develop into starters, out front office did alright.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Physicality and strength could help allow Darboh to make the roster and get some playing time. He looks like he's gotten stronger. He could be a red zone threat with his jump ball skills. Split end plays on the line of scrimmage and has to be able to block and beat jams. I like the way he created separation against cornerback Alex Carter.