SUPER BOWL L game thread

Exittium

Reaction score
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:
BlackandGolden":16r0r359 said:
HAHAAHAHAHA!! :D

Did you guys see that Denver defense feeding Cam his lunch?

Don't know what type of "MVP" throws 20 incompletions AND walks away from a fumble in the Super Bowl...

Just....LOL. This Mardi Gras weekend was definitely a great celebration of our 6th SB champions anniversary, and witnessing a rival getting humiliated at the big dance. :0190l:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1w0aptac said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/0ap3000000634445/Cam-walks-off-podium-in-postgame-presser

cry baby presser...I will say this if Manning had lost...at least he would show some class.

THAT press conference of Newton's was truly priceless ... and so revealing. It truly was. ;)

TriCHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2me2s5vj said:
MrThortan":2me2s5vj said:
Seanhawk":2me2s5vj said:
Annabel Bowlen...what happens when a trophy wife gets old. That was a disaster.

Just because you can afford plastic surgery, doesn't mean you should go get it every week like getting your nails done.
Man oh man.....Just one more facelift, and she'll be sporting a goatee :lol:

She looks like a Jim Henson creation.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":mf11jx97 said:
SeatownJay":mf11jx97 said:
Seanhawk":mf11jx97 said:
dontbelikethat":mf11jx97 said:
untitled-20tdaqj.gif

37c3017a_CaqR7SxWIAA62v-.png

Now we need one of his tantrum after getting hit in the end zone.
[vine]i1vW6B6DqAP[/vine]

Leader.

Exactly what I took from that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Breaking News

Peyton retiring from playing !

Update

The New York Giants have hired Peyton as their new QB Coach !

1b851a9b_CaqavOIW4AAVvAV.jpeg

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Athleticism can only take you so far, a measure of a man extends beyond their physical capabilities.

As a man, heck, and as a sportsman, Russell towers over Cam.

Largent80

Reaction score
Priceless. Was awesome seeing the Megadouche lose on the biggest stage. Karma is a bitch.

Please Seahawks get back to the SB this year as it's in Houston, a 45 minute drive for us.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":udqh55he said:
Athleticism can only take you so far, a measure of a man extends beyond their physical capabilities.

As a man, heck, and as a sportsman, Russell towers over Cam.

This.

I made a case for Cam being on Wilson's level (basically 1a and 1b) but this game really shredded that.

Russ has struggled, but not to this degree.. not mentally folding under pressure, almost refusing to compete.

What I came away with is this: Cam is exceptional... when its easy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Cam's poor play didn't really stand out to me. He obviously didn't have a good game, but there were a lot of big drops, Tolbert had two fumbles, the Panthers run defense looked like crap, and most importantly by far, the Broncos pass rush (and front 7 run d too) was absolutely amazing. It's the same front seven that made Brady look like an absolute turd two weeks ago also.

That this game was somehow a referendum on Cam Newton is, to me, not really an accurate representation of the game itself.

CPHawk

Reaction score
For people complaining about the game, that SB was thanks to our 2013 team. Both of those D were built after watching how our Seahawks won the super bowl.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Interesting converse to "Cam's a petulant baby" discussion:

If you think Cam Newton’s postgame presser showed immaturity, what did you think of the several hours leading up to it, in which Newton dressed up like a cyborg and threw footballs at people to make the numbers go up on a giant glowing scoreboard? His actual job is to live out an eight-year-old’s dream birthday party on television; if your search for sophisticated adult contemplation has brought you to the postgame presser of the Super Bowl, I submit that you have conducted it, well, rather like a 13-year-old might.
I grind my teeth in bed if a stranger on Xbox Live frags me in a video game with what I regard as an overpowered pistol. Cam Newton blows off postgame pressers when he gets pressured 34 times, sacked six times, and loses the Super Bowl. Maybe you, just to grab an example, misidentify as an informed critique of leadership qualities your own professional pique or personal distaste. There’s all kinds of sore losers, man.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":37a7o8kl said:
Popeyejones":37a7o8kl said:
Cam's poor play didn't really stand out to me. He obviously didn't have a good game, but there were a lot of big drops, Tolbert had two fumbles, the Panthers run defense looked like crap, and most importantly by far, the Broncos pass rush (and front 7 run d too) was absolutely amazing. It's the same front seven that made Brady look like an absolute turd two weeks ago also.

That this game was somehow a referendum on Cam Newton is, to me, not really an accurate representation of the game itself.

LOL, delusional as usual.

Panthers' run D looked fine to me outside of one big run and one other decent one. Denver was held to 194 total yards. 194! Panthers' D was great, their offense shit the bed and coughed up the football too many times, put their team in poor positions too often.

Cam was dreadful, overthrows, fumbles, poor anticipation, and finally losing his temper and pouting like a little girl. Was it a referendum? Probably not, but it showed that Cam lacks leadership and character, and is unable to carry his team back from the brink when the chips are down. Poor qualities to have in a QB, as you well know with Colin whatshisface.

Broncos front seven did the same thing to Cam as they did to Tom Brady two weeks ago. It's not that complicated.

That you're motivated into turning that simple fact into a sermon about Cam Newton's "leadership" and "character" isn't really that interesting to me, as the self-serving implications of it are nothing if not clear, IMO.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2owhcms0 said:

If you think Cam Newton’s postgame presser showed immaturity, what did you think of the several hours leading up to it, in which Newton dressed up like a cyborg and threw footballs at people to make the numbers go up on a giant glowing scoreboard? His actual job is to live out an eight-year-old’s dream birthday party on television; if your search for sophisticated adult contemplation has brought you to the postgame presser of the Super Bowl, I submit that you have conducted it, well, rather like a 13-year-old might.
I grind my teeth in bed if a stranger on Xbox Live frags me in a video game with what I regard as an overpowered pistol. Cam Newton blows off postgame pressers when he gets pressured 34 times, sacked six times, and loses the Super Bowl. Maybe you, just to grab an example, misidentify as an informed critique of leadership qualities your own professional pique or personal distaste. There’s all kinds of sore losers, man.

:lol: :th2thumbs:

Looked like Cam got up and left because while doing the interview he could hear the Broncos celebrating through the curtain.

Nobody has ever criticized Bowman's leadership, and he did the exact same thing as Cam did when he was giving his loser's press conference and could hear Ray Lewis cheering through the curtain in the exact same situation after the SB four years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkwKjjQ3myQ

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1de4qlcm said:

Syrwwfnegnwpqpxkd5v0

Mr Eristic at it again.

4/10 Must try harder.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3tjush59 said:
Uncle Si":3tjush59 said:

Looked like Cam got up and left because while doing the interview he could hear the Broncos celebrating through the curtain.

Nobody has ever criticized Bowman's leadership, and he did the exact same thing as Cam did when he was giving his loser's press conference and could hear Ray Lewis cheering through the curtain in the exact same situation after the SB four years ago

I'm not posting here because I necessarily agreed with it... just offering the dichotomy to further discussion. The base support of the post above does compare him favorably to both an 8 year old and 13 year old.

Cam's presser was only the last reflection of his poor night. He did not handle the pressure well, both in terms of Denver's front 7 nor the overall sense of the game. As peaches said... i don't think its an indictment of him as a whole, but his inability to really challenge the Broncos last night is a cause for alarm. he certainly looked more like last year's Cam Newton than this year's.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1r5u06tn said:
Mr Eristic at it again.

4/10 Must try harder.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Srsly though:

Two weeks ago the broncos defense held Tom Brady to a 56.4 QB Rating and got two turnovers out of him to go with 17 QB hits and 4 sacks.

In the SB they held Cam to a 55.4 QB rating and got three turnovers out of him to go with 13 QB hits and 7 sacks.

I see the same story in both games: a Broncos front 7 that is just dominate beyond belief. Brady and Cam both had really excellent seasons and both of them walked right into the buzzsaw of the Broncos front 7.

I know it's fun to trash Cam Newton, but I'm not just being contrarian. I seriously think the story here is a pretty straightforward one, and a celebration of the Broncos front 7 tells us much more of the story than laughing at Newton does.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2hwc7k9z said:
I'm not posting here because I necessarily agreed with it... just offering the dichotomy to further discussion. The base support of the post above does compare him favorably to both an 8 year old and 13 year old.

Oh, yeah, I just thought it was a funny and insightful post, as I hadn't really thought about it like that either.

Uncle Si":2hwc7k9z said:
Cam's presser was only the last reflection of his poor night. He did not handle the pressure well, both in terms of Denver's front 7 nor the overall sense of the game. As peaches said... i don't think its an indictment of him as a whole, but his inability to really challenge the Broncos last night is a cause for alarm. he certainly looked more like last year's Cam Newton than this year's.

Yeah, I just think that's where we differ a bit. Because Brady has been there before the story after that game was how the Broncos front 7 just obliterated everything that's special about Brady and the Patriots offense.

Because Cam hasn't been there before people -- instead of talking about how the Broncos front 7 obliterated everything that's special about Cam -- are talking about it like it's a major indictment of Cam or cause for alarm (using your term).

I just see a lot of symmetry between what the Broncos front 7 did to Brady two weeks ago and what they did to Cam last night. Both games are basically what happens when you can get 20 hits on a QB in a game, IMO.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":r9vdnrpy said:
Uncle Si":r9vdnrpy said:

I think Bowman's shirt was louder than Lewis.

Latest posts