12thMode

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2dxfzau1 said:
Sarlacc83":2dxfzau1 said:
Hawkfan77":2dxfzau1 said:
dutchman063":2dxfzau1 said:
they wont put a 12 on the ring... and they shouldnt
This

Definitely. It's not like the 12s came out in force at the Super Bowl (causing a safety) or set a world record this year. What complete and utter arrogance to even THINK such a thing.
How arrogant of a fan base have we become that we think we need to be a part of a SB ring...

Sure you can say Hawk fans caused the safety in the game, but that's two points. Come on now, we set a record, that got broke, then we broke it again, and KC will probably break it next year and then we will probably break it again and so on and so forth. Doesn't have anything to do with the TEAM putting a whooping on the donkeys.

I don't think it is arrogance per se, but the organization has really embraced the 12th man and made us feel like we are one with the organization. Almost every press conference one of the players or coaches makes a reference to the 12th Man.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Sarlacc, stop trolling him. It's mean.

I would feel very honored if they included an artistic reference to the 12th man, but I'd prefer the 12 isn't explicitly on there. A) because it would be very hard to make a 12 itself look very aesthetically pleasing, and I don't want our ring looking awkward and forced like the Ravens ones, and B) because I do feel that to make the 12 the focus of the ring in some way diminishes it as a trophy for the players, the coaches, and the staff themselves. We played our small part, and a small acknowledgment would be fun, but I don't think the ring itself needs to be a massive shout-out. They've shouted-out plenty. They've acknowledged us plenty. I'm so proud of these guys, I want them to have a ring that honors them the same way they always make a point to honor us.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Why not do something on the ring thats not in a number 12 form. My son suggested it would be cool if around the top of the ring they were to inlay 12 small emeralds or 12 small sapphires. Along the same lines as the 12 feathers on these new Nike uniforms.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":bkd3sb6f said:
Sarlacc83":bkd3sb6f said:
Ah, you're right. I forgot that the Seahawks don't play with extra energy in front of their home crowd.
So want credit for the wins? You want credit for all the time in the film room that you didn't put in? All the off season workouts you didn't do? All the preparation you didn't make?

I mean let's be real, putting a 12 on the SB ring, IMO, diminishes all the work that franchise put into becoming great. Let's stop pretending all things are equal.

Paul Allen gave us a flag, he got us a spot on the jersey, heck he even pays stupid Texas A&M every year so we can continue to call ourselves the 12s. Put down the fan flavored koolaid. 12 does not belong on the ring, crazy to think so or want it to happen

Well I mean it's not like the fans are the entire reason the NFL and the players make so much money or anything. Yeah you're right, the fans deserve no credit whatsoever.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
IMHO. The entire SEAHAWKS organization , from owner to management, to coaches to players, all acknowledge the 12th man on a regular basis. They retired the number even.
I said in the second post that I would not expect the ring to have a 12 on it. I personally DO NOT and would not expect it. If it were to happen in some symbolic way, that would be cool.
The Seahawks raise a flag at every home game to acknowledge me as a fan.
I'm happy with that.
Actually I think its pretty friggin' awesome. :)
GoHawks.

Osprey

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":3m33dmew said:
Why not do something on the ring thats not in a number 12 form. My son suggested it would be cool if around the top of the ring they were to inlay 12 small emeralds or 12 small sapphires. Along the same lines as the 12 feathers on these new Nike uniforms.

My money is on something like this.

The franchise has created an entire culture around the 12th man. Not only is it brilliant marketing, but the players appear to have genuinely embraced it.

My only fear is that Allen will have too much influence on the design. God bless the man for everything he's done, but his taste seems a bit off to me. When looking through the rings I didn't even have to see 'Raiders' on the ring to know they belonged to Al Davis.

Greenhell

Reaction score
dutchman063":1b7xsja6 said:
they wont put a 12 on the ring... and they shouldnt

Why not? They put the 12 all over the stadium as well as on the collars of the player jerseys. I can totally the "12" somewhere on the ring. Even if engraved on the inside of the band.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I hope they don't put a "12" on the ring. Players don't need to be reminded of the 12th man every single day of their lives on their finger. The ring should celebrate each individual players' contribution to the team. At most, they should use like 12 diamonds or something subtle.

I've sensed a lot entitlement by some 12's lately. It's kind of annoying.

DHawk

Reaction score
Funny thing is, the words entitlement and arrogant being thrown around have no weight when not a single person has said anything along the lines of "OMG WTF BBQ WE BETTER HAVE A 12 ON THE RING!!!!". People are wondering if it will be a part of it. Some like it, others don't. That's not a big deal, it happens. Trying to dismiss the importance that the Seahawks players, coaches, GM, and owner that all acknowledge and appreciate the role of the 12's is a bit much. Which, not sure if anyone has noticed how much they appreciate the 12's by doing things like retiring a jersey number(never done before), paying Texas for the ability to use "12th Man"(nobody else does it), and numerous underlying and obvious 12's on jerseys to pay homage to the fans. Is it really far-fetched to think they may do something on the ring? In the end, its up to Paul Allen, and I'm sure he doesn't care if anyone likes or dislikes it. Its his Championship team, deeeaaaal with it!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As someone that has a couple of 300 rings and a 800 series ring (bowling) that are the same basic style be it a lot less diamonds and stones, a 12 wouldn't have to be on the face of the ring, it can be on the sides. On my 800 series ring the place was going to close where I bowled it at so I had them put the name of the place on the side of it. They can very easily put a "12" on the side of the SB ring and make it look good and blend in with the ring design.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DHawk":1kz0flc4 said:
Funny thing is, the words entitlement and arrogant being thrown around have no weight when not a single person has said anything along the lines of "OMG WTF BBQ WE BETTER HAVE A 12 ON THE RING!!!!". People are wondering if it will be a part of it. Some like it, others don't. That's not a big deal, it happens. Trying to dismiss the importance that the Seahawks players, coaches, GM, and owner that all acknowledge and appreciate the role of the 12's is a bit much. Which, not sure if anyone has noticed how much they appreciate the 12's by doing things like retiring a jersey number(never done before), paying Texas for the ability to use "12th Man"(nobody else does it), and numerous underlying and obvious 12's on jerseys to pay homage to the fans. Is it really far-fetched to think they may do something on the ring? In the end, its up to Paul Allen, and I'm sure he doesn't care if anyone likes or dislikes it. Its his Championship team, deeeaaaal with it!
If they don't do like I said in a previous post they could put 12 small diamonds on the face.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
James in PA":iulshq4y said:
For some reason, the Super Bowl XL ring looks fake to me.
It's appropriate, as it exemplifies their 'fake win'.

James in PA

Reaction score
Hey are those diamonds or asterisks on that Super Bowl XL ring?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":phbb469q said:
I hope they don't put a "12" on the ring. Players don't need to be reminded of the 12th man every single day of their lives on their finger. The ring should celebrate each individual players' contribution to the team. At most, they should use like 12 diamonds or something subtle.

I've sensed a lot entitlement by some 12's lately. It's kind of annoying.
Yep. ^
On another note though, I would love to get a big picture of the L.O.B. standing next to each other with their fists out showing off their spoils.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
i wouldn't mind some sort of subtle nod like 12 diamonds in a circle or something like that. i don't think we need a huge 12 on the side of it or anything. This kind of leads to a bigger topic thats been on my mind lately, starting a new thread to deal with that... RIGHT NOW!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Dudes have the 12 all over their uniform, they have revered us for our participation, etc. I'm sure 12 will be repped on the ring. I don't think the players hate us, and as a nice reminder of the season, it wouldn't be complete without it. Having said that, I don't care either way--but to suggest it straight up SHOULDNT be on there? I don't know, that's a stretch to me.