Super Bowl teams decided, ticket sales off to slow start

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Some tickets will drop sure.. but keep in mind NYC is the home to nearly 400K millionaires too.

I for one wouldn't want to attend a Super Bowl live. The atmosphere pales in comparison to a playoff game at home.. and for the money you're paying you can easily buy a huge TV, order some pizzas and watch with your friends ... no lines to the bathroom.. no cold weather.. the only downside is you have to put up with Joe Buck :)

But I see the appeal for the lifetime fans that want to go witness history too. So to those 12's who are going.. represent and have the time of your life.

mikeak

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1q3e26fe said:
Yeah I'm surprised ppl locally are selling for more than stubhub. With stub hub you can use credit card, you have much more security in your purchase as well. With craigslist it's cash and if you don't know what you're buying you can get completely screwed as a buyer.

No

You still use paypal only with craigslist and should be able to transfer tickets electronically but I might be wrong in that for the SB

If original prices were lower than scampers would still sell at the same prices. I fail to see how this is the fault of the NFL

TheHawkster

Reaction score
How many millionaires are willing to sit in the cheap seats?
id bet that almost zero would pay to get in.

djb28

Reaction score
It sure is nice to see that the 800,000 seats dropped to 300,000.00

unreal.

You can't even start any lower than 2400.00 on Stub hub.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Tickets for any sporting even should never exceed $1,000 in my eyes. I mean maybe I'm one of the only ones here still in Grad school but come on... I can't afford that.

nsport

Reaction score
Makes me think I should sell my 2 and then buy two on gameday.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The fact that there's a blizzard right now in the eastern part of the country probably isn't helping the ticket market much.

maporsche

Reaction score
I'm buying no matter what, but I'm hoping for ~$1,500. I vowed not to miss the next Superbowl after I punked out in 2005.

I need a group to hang out with though, since I'm going alone from Chicago. Anyone want to adopt me....let me sleep on your floor (I'll pay my share).... :)

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
I've been watching Super Bowl ticket prices every year since our last Super Bowl. There usually is a spike in prices the day after we find our who will be playing. That didn't happen yet. This years get in price started this week at $2,000.00 and that's the cheapest Super Bowl starting price in yrs. I'm talking secondary price market.
Check out the article in Forbes magazine, I believe it's called how fans traveling affects Super Bowl ticket prices.
If visiting fans don't buy them now, they won't pay higher prices for airline tickets and hotels next week. There will be plenty of tickets around next week, wait.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
So for those that might know: there are a bunch of seats at places like Epic Seats (and other respectable secondary ticket sites) that say "tickets will be ready to ship by Feb. 1st." How is that supposed to work? The game is the next flipping day. I'm confused.

Broncos

Reaction score
I have been to plenty of games in my life and it's simply not fun anymore. 3/4 of the crowd are there to be seen (facebook) and not really there for the actual game.
Take advantage of friends, family and good 6 packs of brew and enjoy the show from a nice television. Don't allow yourself to become gullible to the in person spectacle.
It happens each and every year. Regardless if it's you're team is in the show or not. Celebrate the event with loved ones in surroundings you can at least move around in.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2t2kjbsg said:
So for those that might know: there are a bunch of seats at places like Epic Seats (and other respectable secondary ticket sites) that say "tickets will be ready to ship by Feb. 1st." How is that supposed to work? The game is the next flipping day. I'm confused.

I know ticketmaster and stubhub have ticket kiosks so you can pick up tickets near the stadium.