Superbowl ticket prices are Rediculous!!!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
have any of you even checked the options you suggest flying in on the 30th and out on the 2nd?

either way, none of you suggested the best way....using points. that way, you book and if they don't play, you can cancel for a small fee.

thanks, i know what i am doing.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
although this might be getting a little a head of things, from my data points last year specifically with stubhub, ticket prices are lower across all zone, uppers, club and lowers, corners, sideline, endzone and prime versus SB48. roughly the same amount of tickets for sale on SH.

as to number of tickets for sale, IMO, at this point, it is brokers who plan to buy now and then get tickets to fill them 3 days before you have to deliver tickets to the SH on site pick up location and they will make money on the spread.

on the Friday before the NFC game, stubhub had around 3900 tickets for sale. that peaked out around 6100 from the data points i have on the Tuesday after the NFC/AFC games....by that time, prices had moderated substantially off the prices before the games. From the sources i gleaned, about 12-15000 tickets for sale - hard to tell since i suspect people had tix listed on both SH and ticketexchange and other sources.

on Feb. 1 at 8am there was still 2949 tickets for sale on SH for S48.

if you are going to play the SB ticket game, you better start collecting data on prices etc. and reading about how they are sold now. at least if you want to get the best price you can.

it is dead easy to get tickets. it is tough to get tix at just above face.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
People selling on stub hub really drop prices on Wednesday /Thursday before the game.

I had a single ticket for sale last year and was checking hourly throughout super bowl week.

Last year the number was $1500.
Anything under that number was getting bought fast.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
As others have said getting to NYC was a bit expensive compared to other SBs, BUT the prices due to blizzard scare dropped significantly. Started at $2500/ticket for nosebleed Corner end zone shortly after NFCCG, then about a 5 days prior to the SB I was able to get a 200 level end zone for $1900, and I'm sure they dropped more after that.

This year flights to Arizona are cheaper, I'm sure hotels are as well. BUT like others said, it's in a dome, you don't have a blizzard scare. I doubt tickets gets much cheaper than $2k/ticket for corner endzone nosebleed other than right before gameday if you want to play it that tight.

Just keep in mind that corner endzone nosebleed FACEVALUE is $800/ticket, so the cheapest I'd imagine those tickets going for are $1500.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":22fnjh7q said:
Last year the possible blizzard and it being in NYC played a huge role in the ticket prices dropping .. Arizona is a different animal since the weather will likely be perfect, and it's a more affordable place to travel than NYC.

So yeah - if you're planning on dropping some cash for the Super Bowl.. it will cost you

Yes I agree I was in new York Last year ( happen to be there working ) I got into the game for $750.00 way up in the nose bleeds , bought it a day before the game , every new Yorker was worried it was going to snow so they tried to sell off there tickets , of course the snow blizzard happened the day after the super bowl , it was a blast , I will also be watching from a sports bar from Minnesota were I am working from this super bowl weekend, wearing my 12 jersey loud and proud . we all have to remember Seahawks still have a game to play this weekend before we all start talking super bowl tickets.

GO HAWKS :thirishdrinkers: