Superstition you didn't do today... yet we still won

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Didn't watch the game.

Didn't watch last week either.

Wasn't broadcast in California.

Although, when I watch, they win. When I don't watch, they win. I gotta figure they'll win out. Sounds logical to me. About as logical as the superstitious baloney I hear here...and I mean that in the nicest possible way...

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":2omu46wd said:
Didn't watch the game.

Didn't watch last week either.

Wasn't broadcast in California.

Although, when I watch, they win. When I don't watch, they win. I gotta figure they'll win out. Sounds logical to me. About as logical as the superstitious baloney I hear here...and I mean that in the nicest possible way...

Well, now I'm all confused, NorCal. For me, when I watch, they've won, and still/only lost one game. When I didn't watch, but only tuned in on the radio, they've won them all. I'm not sure which way to go now. But you seem to be suggesting it wouldn't matter...? Thanks for nothing! :mrgreen:

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
Didn't have Carolans Irish Cream in my coffee, but I balanced it out by wearing my Seahawks Sox for the first time this year.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
akseahawkfan":37hi6pfo said:
Didn't have Carolans Irish Cream in my coffee, but I balanced it out by wearing my Seahawks Sox for the first time this year.

Gotta try the Carolans...you know, since I'm all superstitious and crap :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Didn't watch live. my kid had a swimming lesson at 11:00. Had to watch on DVR and didn't change into a jersey like I usually do. Still won anyway.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
After last week I wasn't taking any chances. Earl Thomas Wolf Grey Alt Jersey is unbeaten this year :th2thumbs:

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Something I didn't do the first 9 weeks that I did today was watch the game on 11-10-13, which was different. So I won't watch next weeks game today.

1-0 each week baby.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Usually when I watch a game with my dad, the Hawks don't lose well.

Today I watched the 2nd half with him. The only other game I watched with him this season ? The 2nd half of the Colts game.

Superstition broken !

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I wore a particular Seahawks sweatshirt that is or was cursed. Last three times I wore it during the game was SF first game last year. ATL playoff loss and INDY this year. I swore never to wear it again. I put it on thinking it was another one then I realized it was on after the 3rd qt. But I still don't trust it so its going back on the shelf...lol

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I wore my 12 Fan shirt. I looked all over for it and found it in the second to the last place I looked. I do like to check one more place just to ensure I dont find it in the last place I look. But the outcome of the game was awesome and the gamecast on espn for the Ninners game worked too. Go Hawks...and my cat interrupted me several times during the game too as usual. LOL

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I was unable to wear my lucky jersey because I was called in to work.
Got back home about halfway through the first quarter.
My son even commented "Dad why aren't you wearing your jersey?"
to which I replied "They aren't all Hawks fans at work, so I couldn't wear it to work"
Then I got too into the game to get up and put it on.

GO HAWKS!!
9-1

Boiler

Reaction score
I almost didn't replace the empty toilet paper roll in the middle of the night Saturday, but then I thought that might jinx the Seahawks, so I got back out of bed and found a replacement roll. You can join my wife in thanking me.

stack600

Reaction score
Usually stand for the whole game, plus clothing and a few other superstitions. Got into the habit as a long time season ticket holder. Friday while working out I dropped a 25lb weight on my rt big toe, went to the doc saturday morning cause it swelled up. Not broke but I couldn't get my lucky shoe on my rt foot. Sat in recliner with my foot elevated whole game, it was tuff but I made it and we won.
Goo Hawks..

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Funny this thread popped up. I normally make a point to wear blue boxer shorts on Hawk game days. For whatever reason, I didn't yesterday. And guess what color I did wear? Almost exactly 49er red. BWAHAHAHA! Maybe I need to do that more often.

streets24

Reaction score
I didn't wear my beast mode jersey. Instead I wore my new Russell Wilson jersey shirt and we put a sstomp in on them. Might be new mantra for game day. The wife can wear her beast mode. Go Hawks!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I didn't have my daughter there to do her Seahawks cheer that we do for all road games together. The other thing I haven't mentioned is that before every game I get by myself, look up and talk to my mom, who passed in 2012 and tell her how bad I want the Hawks to win. She was the one who got me into this football thing, it wasn't my dad. It was her and I that watched so many games together. She taught me how to swear at the TV and refs when I was 5.

Beast Quake... While on Hospice care, in a wheelchair in a gown, extremely medicated with morphine and IV bag riding along she watched in a trance. When Marshawn broke that first group for the first down she started screaming, eventually standing up and trying to leap with her hands in the air as he crossed the goal line. The first genuine smile we had seen in a long time. She lived for literally one year after that game in awful pain. So I always say hello to her before every game. Except last week. I didn't realize it until it was too late, but I guess it didn't matter! That theory was busted. :)

firebee

Reaction score
I'm just going to keep NOT wearing my Seahawks gear while the game is on. It seems to be working. I get it all lined out on the couches and chairs around the living room when the game is on, but I absolutely do not put gear on for the game. The Colts Game??? Yeah... I was wearing my 12th man jersey at work while I was recording the game when we played the Colts.... Go ahead... Blame me for that one.

Latest posts