T-Jack

Exittium

Reaction score
No thanks on TJack. We dont need the vet help there anymore. And for me if Russ went down, I don't think we win anymore or anything. Phillip Sims imo is better. Watched him during Preseason closely and he's much better that TJack. I Could see us us still winning some games with him if russ went down. So Im hoping he wins the backup job.

Fade

Reaction score
I've been a Vernon Adams guy as RW's backup since I first saw him at Eastern. He will probably get over drafted though because of RW's success in the league.

T-Jack had a good run, but it is time to get younger, and cheaper at the position. Regardless of who it ends up being.

kearly

Reaction score
I think adam's size and medical are going to hurt him quite a lot. Playing less than a full season in a power conference will hurt him too. Playing in the northwest probably has a minor impact as well. I think he goes very late. UDFA is a real possibility. I think he'll be there late, if pcjs want him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":2c0tzzm7 said:
Tjack and Jules from Pulp Fiction have the exact same wallet. Truebill.

Vernon Adam's hands will be used as a key chain when he leaves this earth. True story. He has itty, bitty, lil baby hands. He can't palm a satsuma, let alone a football. I like my QB'S and my men to be big handed.

Yeah, his hands seem more suitable to holding a rattle, but we have a promising small-hands WR in TD Lockett who seems to manage that just fine. Perhaps the more important quality is the 'hands of stone' vs 'soft' hands.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
stang233":y9qjo5mw said:
I want VA in a hawk uni so bad. Kid is a winner. I say take him 3rd 4th rnd

I think there's too much made of being a "winner" in college. Ken Dorsey was a winner, Tim Tebow was a winner, Andre Ware was a winner....

Rat

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":nhfp4ceu said:
stang233":nhfp4ceu said:

I think there's too much made of being a "winner" in college. Ken Dorsey was a winner, Tim Tebow was a winner, Andre Ware was a winner....
We once had the record-holder for all-time college wins: David Greene.

pehawk

Reaction score
Rat":3k2zyliv said:
Kennedyin92":3k2zyliv said:
stang233":3k2zyliv said:

We once had the record-holder for all-time college wins: David Greene.

And David Greene was Rat's avi back then. Big fan.

There's a difference between a WR and QB having small hands.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Adams better switch to WR if he wants to have a career in the NFL. Or KR.

The Outfield

Reaction score
We should keep T-Jack, otherwise we're gonna lose a lot more coin tosses.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3b5aw2or said:
drdiags":3b5aw2or said:
[youtube]sZSilxg6nDk[/youtube]

Here you go Pugs1.

EDIT: It is blocked anyway, so you end up having to go to Youtube's website to view it.
I was really liking what I saw from this guy last preseason and was thinking man the Cards have a hidden gem.
Now we have him. :) Looks like he can scramble out of trouble and keeps his eyes downfield, which is a must with our O-line.
I hope he earns the backup role.
I think Sims is our guy,even Ringless thought he should be on the Hawks because of our offense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3604ouoe said:
I would not expect them to draft a QB any higher than the 6th round. Chances are they don't draft one at all. My guess? They sign a vet as a backup. After all. What kind of messege would they be sending to RW if they draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round?

Message?, how about, "We love ya Russ, but, we have to cover our asses if something goes to shit, we may not be able to find your replacement, but we will strive to find the next best option to cover for you, until you get back in there"
They wouldn't be finding anyone in this whole Draft that will be anything close to being his equal, but they'd be foolish if they didn't at least try to find a player that is close fit for his playing style.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2zc8vcd8 said:

I don't think he's quite cut out for either of those things. He'll probably run a 4.60 to 4.70 forty, and he's only 5'11". I think he'll either be a backup QB for a team like Seattle, or selling insurance somewhere. (If he continues to have health issues, then probably a little of both).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":28axj5zl said:
Scottemojo":28axj5zl said:

I don't think he's quite cut out for either of those things. He'll probably run a 4.60 to 4.70 forty, and he's only 5'11". I think he'll either be a backup QB for a team like Seattle, or selling insurance somewhere. Probably a little of both.

Yea, he's really nifty and shifty in the pocket, but painfully slow. Personally I think he could be a star in the Canadian football league, or a quality backup and spot starter in the nfl in the right offense.. I don't think he'll ever be a full 16 game started in the nfl, which is a shame, because his intangibles and leadership are off the charts.

I like Boykin from tcu as a late round seahawk.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Can't fault a guy for wanting fair market value after playing cheap for a while.

Honestly we aren't a playoff team without Wilson, even with our D, so i don't see a whole lot of downside to letting him sign somewhere else.

We can justify using a pick on a QB because we could possibly get a comp pick from TJ signing somewhere else (not sure if he'd make enough) and the money we would save with our backup on a rookie deal.

It's time to move on

rideaducati

Reaction score
Throwdown":3uuvs92u said:
I'm not seeing the hype we got with Adams honestly.

When Tarvaris is the backup QB EVERY other QB looks like a great backup QB.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3rcqfqa5 said:
stang233":3rcqfqa5 said:

So was David Greene.. Tim Ruskell and MysterMatt loved him.

Latest posts