T-Jack

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":2d1gnolp said:
Vernon Adams. :pray:

Make it happen JS.

Would be great as a developmental guy, but I wouldn't want him as the backup. We need a vet.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's time to move on from TJack, time to develop a homegrown backup QB. Wilson no longer needs an experienced sounding board and a developmental player at the position would be a wise idea.

Thought it sucked when BJ Daniels got scooped off the PS b/c he had multi positional value and knew our O well, although we only saw him against backups.

I suspect TJack won't be offered what he wants by the team and will as a result move on. A player will be added but the backup situation may remain in flux for until after the final cuts.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Russell needs his own Jim Sorgi or Gary Kubiak.
Someone that is content making Russell the best player he can be.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
TheHawkster":2oxdymwv said:
Tarvaris has been providing that mentorship role and that's why I want to see him back. The Seahawks are his home now and I'd like both parties to embrace that reality.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":6fjk8t0w said:
TheHawkster":6fjk8t0w said:
Tarvaris has been providing that mentorship role and that's why I want to see him back. The Seahawks are his home now and I'd like both parties to embrace that reality.

Agreed.
If TJ finds a new home, best of luck.
But, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

two dog

Reaction score
kearly":3ghx4nbu said:
Vernon Adams. :pray:

Make it happen JS.

This, (pounding the table). Little hands? Have you watched him throw the ball for
the last three years? I don't think he is Russell 2.0 but Oregon was a different team
when he was on the field.

The East-west Shrine game he looked like a man, a little man, among boys.
He saw the field like no other Quarterback in the game and exhibited excellent
anticipation and accuracy.
The little hands argument sounds kind of hollow to me. Look instead at his body of work.
The college football is pretty close to the same size as the NFL version.

He is certainly not as accomplished as T-Jack but I feel he would be effective
sooner rather than later. Very interested to see how he performs at the combine.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's time to draft the next young QB that can not only backup Russell, but maybe reap future draft picks if he develops into a good QB.

Most GM's agree, you should ALWAYS be drafting QB's to develop............not something we've really been doing since Pete and John arrived.

Figure the highest commodity by a mile in the NFL is something we should be drafting shouldn't it?

olyfan63

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1rj99f3a said:
I would not expect them to draft a QB any higher than the 6th round. Chances are they don't draft one at all. My guess? They sign a vet as a backup. After all. What kind of messege would they be sending to RW if they draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round?

Sgt. Largent":1rj99f3a said:
It's time to draft the next young QB that can not only backup Russell, but maybe reap future draft picks if he develops into a good QB.

Most GM's agree, you should ALWAYS be drafting QB's to develop............not something we've really been doing since Pete and John arrived.

Figure the highest commodity by a mile in the NFL is something we should be drafting shouldn't it?

Anyone know a guy named Gary Kubiak? Oh yeah, isn't he Denver's coach?
Before becoming a coach, he was Elway's long-term backup QB in Denver.

Per Wikipedia:
"Kubiak was selected in the eighth round of the 1983 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos, the same year quarterback John Elway was drafted No. 1 overall by the Baltimore Colts before forcing a trade to Denver. Kubiak played his entire career for the Broncos as a backup for Elway, a Hall of Famer.[2] In nine seasons, Kubiak went 3–2 as a starter, throwing for 14 touchdowns, 16 interceptions and 1,920 yards while part of three AFC championship teams.[3]"

I swear all 3 of Kubiak's starting QB wins must have come against the Seahawks.
We'd be, "Elway's out! We have a chance to win!" and career backup Gary Kubiak would come in and shred the Seattle defense.

There is no message being sent other than the QB position as a whole needs to be strong, and we need to have a capable backup ready for any times Russell is unavailable.

Now, there is not much sense in taking a QB before about the 5th round, but it's absolutely worth a shot if Pete and John see a guy they like. For example, Kirk Cousins, although he was a 4th rounder, the Redskins took him in the same draft as RGIII. It's only because of that foresight that the Redskins have a legitimate NFL quarterback now, and were recently in the playoffs.

From Wikipedia:
"The pick surprised many analysts, as the Redskins had drafted 2011 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III with the second overall pick to be their franchise quarterback. The Redskins acquired the Griffin pick by giving the St. Louis Rams four high-value draft picks over three years.[9] Cousins was viewed as an insurance policy in case Griffin was injured, with Redskins coach Mike Shanahan saying "You're one or two plays away from being the starter...And if I see that value out there on the third day of the draft, I'm going to take that."

I think Mike Shanahan nails it here. If the value is there at QB on the 3rd day of the draft, the Seahawks should take it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Throwdown":3om476z8 said:
I swear you want to debate this with me til the end of time.

There is no debate. Tarvaris sucks ass as a QB, but seems to be a great human being. Some people have trouble separating the QB from the human being...I don't.

Latest posts