Taking advantage of the snow

Rickomatic

Reaction score
Just like the title says. Are the Hawks taking advantage of the local snow in preparation for the Packer's game? Or are they already off to Green Bay?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
If they are not in Green Bay already they will be soon I imagine. I'd think they'd want atleast one day to practice there

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Was thinking yesterday, glad we have a QB from Wisonsin and a RB from Central Michigan, I hope we run all over them, all game long.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
From what I've read and heard about the Hawk's practice schedule, they're mostly in the bubble.........then they roll outside and take reps in the elements.

So I imagine they'll get in some work today in the weather. Then again during their walkthrough in GB tomorrow afternoon.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
SNDavidson":313dt5hs said:
Was thinking yesterday, glad we have a QB from Wisonsin and a RB from Central Michigan, I hope we run all over them, all game long.

Russ never played in cold weather during his Wisconsin days. The coldest game was October, 9th 2011 @ Ohio State when it was 43 with no wind at the 7:07 PM kickoff.

He only played one game with any sort of precipitation. His last home game, against Penn State, it was raining intermittently, and was 52 degrees at the 2:30 kickoff.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1aik4ts4 said:
SNDavidson":1aik4ts4 said:

Russ never played in cold weather during his Wisconsin days. The coldest game was October, 9th 2011 @ Ohio State when it was 43 with no wind at the 7:07 PM kickoff.

He only played one game with any sort of precipitation. His last home game, against Penn State, it was raining intermittently, and was 52 degrees at the 2:30 kickoff.

Where do you guys even find minutia like this?

We should have the advantage of any bad weather game, they usually favor the team with quick skill players and a mobile QB like Russell that can make people miss.

Expect a lot or Rawls, Lockett and Angry Doug with screens and quick slants trying to get them loose. Also a lot of read to see if Russell can get the defense sliding the wrong way in the snow.

chris98251

Reaction score
It all depends on how well the field is prepared and if it's a hard field or a thawed field, it will also depend on whether it is actually snowing during the game, visibility and footing are different if it's coming down like crazy, also any fog or condensation mists on the field. If it's snowing and you have a haze and or fog that really limits Green Bay much more, deep passes are harder to pick up in a blowing snow with fog.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I really don't see any team having any distinct advantage in the game due to weather. Just sit back enjoy the game for what it is, a game in the snow.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3go6wqmx said:
SNDavidson":3go6wqmx said:

This site is so awesome, OK, how about NC State then?

cymatica

Reaction score
Maybe it will depend on if we have good cleats. From wiki:
After the 2006 season, the surface, heating, and drainage system was replaced. A new grass surface was installed, using the Desso GrassMaster system, which has synthetic fibers woven into the traditional Kentucky bluegrass sod.

There was a thread about Seattle not playing well on grass. I wonder if the field in greenbay might be better.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
OK, Virginia then :)

Wilson also whimsically noted that he got used to playing in the snow while growing up in Richmond, Va.

“You get all four seasons in Virginia,” Wilson said. “So summer is extremely hot, fall time is beautiful there and winter time you definitely get a ton of snow. I remember playing at my friend’s houses all the time, Zach Mendez, playing at his house and playing in the snow. We’d stay up until 3 in the morning playing in the snow. It would definitely snow there a bunch. Not as much as Wisconsin, though.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... r-of-snow/

Hawks46

Reaction score
We might have the big advantage if it is snowing heavily.

Our road whites will blend right in. Of course it limits our explosive plays if Wilson can't see his receivers 20 yards downfield, but if Rodgers can't see our guys either then he has to go to the short passing game and run game, or risk throwing up a few picks.

If it comes down to a slug fest, I like our odds over theirs.

slateman77

Reaction score
The field will be just fine.....

In 2007, the Packers installed an entirely new playing surface, including a completely new drainage and heating system, bringing the latest technology in field management to the famous stadium. Chief to the system is DD GrassMaster, a natural-grass surface reinforced with man-made fibers. All existing levels of the field were removed and the new system began with a clay sub-grade level, compacted and graded (with a .6 percent slope), including drain tile, irrigation pipe and thermostat wiring for the heating system. The second level consists of 5½ inches of pea gravel. On top of the gravel layer is 43 miles of ¾-inch tubing for the heating system, which can maintain a root-zone temperature of 55-plus degrees to keep the ground from freezing during the season’s latter months. Level three consists of 12 inches of root-zone sand and Kentucky bluegrass turf. DD GrassMaster’s synthetic fibers are stitched into the surface, providing strength and stability to the field. Fibers extend approximately seven inches below the surface, are exposed approximately one inch above the surface, and are spaced every three-quarters of an inch. Approximately 20 million individual stitches make up the process. The slope equates to a crown of about 5½ inches on the new surface. To further enhance the surface, a system of grow lights is used in the fall to extend the growing season.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Cmike is prepared for packers. Dude brings his skates to every game.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Did anybody here see last weeks game vs The Texans?

I'd say there is an absolute possibility the the weather and field conditions could effect the game.

Having just played in wet/snowy conditions, I would think that a game like that this week, would favor the Packers.

I'm hoping for good weather :{)

bigskydoc

Reaction score
SNDavidson":16g1uf8q said:
OK, Virginia then :)

Wilson also whimsically noted that he got used to playing in the snow while growing up in Richmond, Va.

Hahahahahah Fair enough

SNDavidson":16g1uf8q said:
This site is so awesome, OK, how about NC State then?

Whew, that would be a tougher one. Looking through 2010 games, I don't see one lower than about 40 degrees or so, or one with significant precipitation, but it's a lot harder with the smaller colleges.

Latest posts