Tanner "Hands of stone" McEvoy

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think Tanner McEvoy has the potential to do for the Seahawks what Adam Thielen does for the Vikes. Actually I think McEvoy could even be better than Thielen.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Had all of those drops been caught I think we would be signing a better tune about the offense this week. Between McEvoy, Prosise and Graham, it was very frustrating. Hopefully they are practicing in the rain this week. Just one game for McEvoy and Prosise, but two for Graham. I am pretty down on him.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3pqpcflh said:
Why Pete & John continue to keep this kid on the roster is mind boggling. Ya, I get that he has some versatility and has played other spots in college, but this isn't college and he is a WR.

If we ended up losing yesterday, his drop along with Mr. Glass Prosise would have been the hot button items all over the radio today. We need guys that can actually catch, and not get T-Rex arms in traffic.

That is all, rant over.

Go Hawks
http://www.wavlist.com/movies/135/str-lightenup.wav

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'm convinced everyone calling for McEvoy's head are relatives of Kasen Williams. Williams has not done anything to show he deserves to be on the team more than TM, preseason and or regular. Also, word out is KW only puts effort into plays only when they are called for him and apparently he doesn't like to or can't run block.

Not defending TM's drops yesterday but it was his first bad game. Is it alright not to throw the baby out with the bathwater?

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2ubh25t5 said:
I'm convinced everyone calling for McEvoy's head are relatives of Kasen Williams

If your convinced that easily, then I just listed some Ocean front real estate in Idaho for a screaming deal. For the record, I wasn't a fan of Kasen either. Out of the 3, I would have preferred to keep Kearse, and Im far from a Kearse fan.

Seafan

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":e4k3lq9j said:
I'm convinced everyone calling for McEvoy's head are relatives of Kasen Williams. Williams has not done anything to show he deserves to be on the team more than TM, preseason and or regular. Also, word out is KW only puts effort into plays only when they are called for him and apparently he doesn't like to or can't run block.

Not defending TM's drops yesterday but it was his first bad game. Is it alright not to throw the baby out with the bathwater?
Plus it was pouring rain. KW can't get any game action in Cleveland. Perhaps NFL coaches know more than trolls.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seymour":1b907euu said:
Sgt. Largent":1b907euu said:
I betcha everyone thought what I thought when McEvoy dropped those passes................"I bet Kasen catches those."

But that's the first time we've seen that out of McEvoy, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Usually he's got really good hands.

But this offense is not good enough to recover from drops, luckily we were playing an even worse offense. But if this team has aspirations of another deep playoff run, guys like McEvoy have to produce.

I'm guilty of that thought....briefly. Then it occurred to me that since McEvoy is the better athlete, Kasen may not have even been open and gotten the target.

Also a good point. Williams HAD to be better at jump ball because he couldn't get any separation. McEvoy is consistently getting separation. It was just one bad game in the rain.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":27nnuhht said:
seahawkfreak":27nnuhht said:
I'm convinced everyone calling for McEvoy's head are relatives of Kasen Williams

If your convinced that easily, then I just listed some Ocean front real estate in Idaho for a screaming deal. For the record, I wasn't a fan of Kasen either. Out of the 3, I would have preferred to keep Kearse, and Im far from a Kearse fan.

All 3 suck, okay. Next point. You like Kearse over Sheldon Richardson?

More sarcasm please.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Many of the recs looked like crap out there. If they have an excuse, it was that it started raining before the game and they hadn't had a practice in the rain in months. They might've preloaded that one into your heads. Graham seems to be more aware of the hit he's about to take than the ball.

Redsand187

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2znxero4 said:
Someone had to take on the Jermaine Kearse role on the offence. McEvoy seems to have embraced that fully. Good on special teams, good on run blocking, catches difficult passes, drops easy ones. Checks all the boxes.
Meanwhile, Kearse scored 2 touchdowns, go figure.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Why did my thread calling out Tanner "Butterfingers" McEvoy get deleted by mods and this gets a free pass? Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1o8fidi2 said:
Hawk_Nation":1o8fidi2 said:
seahawkfreak":1o8fidi2 said:

All 3 suck, okay. Next point. You like Kearse over Sheldon Richardson?

More sarcasm please.

Ask me that question next draft when we don't have a 2nd round pick

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3p34jqsj said:
I betcha everyone thought what I thought when McEvoy dropped those passes................"I bet Kasen catches those."

But that's the first time we've seen that out of McEvoy, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Usually he's got really good hands.

But this offense is not good enough to recover from drops, luckily we were playing an even worse offense. But if this team has aspirations of another deep playoff run, guys like McEvoy have to produce.

Do we really know that he has good hands though? He has 15 total career targets. He's dropped 3 of those balls, so a career 20% drop rate. I know its not a huge sample size, but I don't see where his really good hands have ever come into play.

Are our expectations too high for someone who really hasn't done squat in the NFL? Regardless, you are right, we definitely need him to produce if we want to make a deep playoff run.

cymatica

Reaction score
scrummymustard":cg5ik23w said:
Sgt. Largent":cg5ik23w said:

Do we really know that he has good hands though? He has 15 total career targets. He's dropped 3 of those balls, so a career 20% drop rate. I know its not a huge sample size, but I don't see where his really good hands have ever come into play.

Are our expectations too high for someone who really hasn't done squat in the NFL? Regardless, you are right, we definitely need him to produce if we want to make a deep playoff run.

What was his drop rate before this one game? This thread is stupid

scrummymustard

Reaction score
cymatica":cvsqmzta said:
scrummymustard":cvsqmzta said:
Sgt. Largent":cvsqmzta said:

9.1% drop rate going into this game. 1 drop out of 11 targets last year. Again, small sample size, but he hasn't produced anything in the grand scheme of things.

He's caught 19 balls in college and NFL combined, we should probably temper our expectations.

hawk45

Reaction score
I mean I dunno. Luke Willson has had his share of games where he can't catch a cold. They can't all be great athletes with good size and great hands. For WR4 or 5 I'm okay with him I guess? I thought he was talked up a bit much on this board for his past production. Since I had pretty low expectations I'm okay.

I kind of like what Darboh has done the couple times he's been targeted this season.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
cymatica":2xhhgyuu said:
scrummymustard":2xhhgyuu said:
Sgt. Largent":2xhhgyuu said:

Yawn. When he proves he is worth of being on anything outside the PS, feel free to create your own thread.

randomation

Reaction score
scrummymustard":120yaxq8 said:
cymatica":120yaxq8 said:
scrummymustard":120yaxq8 said:
Sgt. Largent":120yaxq8 said:

9.1% drop rate going into this game. 1 drop out of 11 targets last year. Again, small sample size, but he hasn't produced anything in the grand scheme of things.

He's caught 19 balls in college and NFL combined, we should probably temper our expectations.

He also had 7 picks in college. I'm wondering if there were issues with the gloves honestly because both Jimmy and CJ would normally make those catches as well as Tanner. First game in rain probably has something to do with it.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Seymour":3m2d1zem said:
Sgt. Largent":3m2d1zem said:

I'm guilty of that thought....briefly. Then it occurred to me that since McEvoy is the better athlete, Kasen may not have even been open and gotten the target.

On what planet is McEvoy the better athlete? I am just curious because it isn't earth.