Tanner "Hands of stone" McEvoy

Seymour

Reaction score
andyh64000":369h7a5h said:
Seymour":369h7a5h said:
Sgt. Largent":369h7a5h said:
I betcha everyone thought what I thought when McEvoy dropped those passes................"I bet Kasen catches those."

But that's the first time we've seen that out of McEvoy, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Usually he's got really good hands.

But this offense is not good enough to recover from drops, luckily we were playing an even worse offense. But if this team has aspirations of another deep playoff run, guys like McEvoy have to produce.

I'm guilty of that thought....briefly. Then it occurred to me that since McEvoy is the better athlete, Kasen may not have even been open and gotten the target.

On what planet is McEvoy the better athlete? I am just curious because it isn't earth.

You should do a little research before you go off.

Pretty much superior at everything except vertical, and the superior blocker by a landslide.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=127686&draftyear=2016&genpos=TE

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119542&draftyear=2015&genpos=WR

randomation

Reaction score
andyh64000":2odte6kd said:
Seymour":2odte6kd said:
Sgt. Largent":2odte6kd said:
I betcha everyone thought what I thought when McEvoy dropped those passes................"I bet Kasen catches those."

But that's the first time we've seen that out of McEvoy, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Usually he's got really good hands.

But this offense is not good enough to recover from drops, luckily we were playing an even worse offense. But if this team has aspirations of another deep playoff run, guys like McEvoy have to produce.

I'm guilty of that thought....briefly. Then it occurred to me that since McEvoy is the better athlete, Kasen may not have even been open and gotten the target.

On what planet is McEvoy the better athlete? I am just curious because it isn't earth.

On the planet that he is six foot six and has 4.4 speed 33.5 inch vert while Kasen is six foot two with 4.6 and 35 inch vert? Also his three cone is 6.84 to Kasen's 7.1 He is bigger and faster and more agile pretty sure that makes him a better athlete

Seafan

Reaction score
randomation":2d7l9lwm said:
andyh64000":2d7l9lwm said:
Seymour":2d7l9lwm said:
Sgt. Largent":2d7l9lwm said:

On the planet that he is six foot six and has 4.4 speed 33.5 inch vert while Kasen is six foot two with 4.6 and 35 inch vert? Also his three cone is 6.84 to Kasen's 7.1 He is bigger and faster and more agile pretty sure that makes him a better athlete

Well there you go making sense.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm sure it didn't come across on the TV coverage very well but our receivers were getting tons of separation in this game. Richardson was a major factor while he was in - at least two of those wide open passes to Lockett were because Richardson was leading multiple defenders on a trip to the end zone.

Unfortunately, they dropped a handful of passes and Russ was a bit off on another handful. I'll take that any day over a few clutch tightly contested catches because there's low hanging fruit here for our passing offense to execute better next week. You can bet the Titans D coordinator is looking at our 11 personnel third down package of Prosise-Graham-Baldwin-Richardson-Lockett with Russ scrambling and thinking about taking some risks to create pressure.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Seafan":39zjqm9z said:
randomation":39zjqm9z said:
andyh64000":39zjqm9z said:
Seymour":39zjqm9z said:

McEvoy is taller doesn't make him the better athlete and those number for Kasen were coming off a horrible injury. There is no way McEvoy is a better athlete than Williams today.

Seymour

Reaction score
andyh64000":7j4mwyv7 said:
Seafan":7j4mwyv7 said:
randomation":7j4mwyv7 said:
andyh64000":7j4mwyv7 said:

McEvoy is taller doesn't make him the better athlete and those number for Kasen were coming off a horrible injury. There is no way McEvoy is a better athlete than Williams today.

Well on this planet we tend to use real live numbers and stats when possible, not seat of the pants "I know better" stats. Do you think the Seahawks run similar tests of their players and think they have a rare athlete in McEvoy, or are they too clueless?

andyh64000

Reaction score
Seymour":9w8gvf3q said:
andyh64000":9w8gvf3q said:
Seafan":9w8gvf3q said:
randomation":9w8gvf3q said:

Well on this planet we tend to use real live numbers and stats when possible, not seat of the pants "I know better" stats. Do you think the Seahawks run similar tests of their players and think they have a rare athlete in McEvoy, or are they too clueless?

They kept McEvoy because he is taller. I think they made a mistake but it is what it is. The comment that Kasen wouldn't have been open because he is an inferior athlete is what I found absurd.

Seymour

Reaction score
andyh64000":3osw7stn said:
Seymour":3osw7stn said:
andyh64000":3osw7stn said:
Seafan":3osw7stn said:

They kept McEvoy because he is taller. I think they made a mistake but it is what it is. The comment that Kasen wouldn't have been open because he is an inferior athlete is what I found absurd.

Agree to disagree. I find "just cause he's taller" absurd myself.

And I didn't say wouldn't. I said may not then stated why.

sutz

Reaction score
Seymour":3u8zofte said:
andyh64000":3u8zofte said:
Seymour":3u8zofte said:
andyh64000":3u8zofte said:

If all they cared about was "taller" they would have cut Baldwin years ago. ;)

andyh64000

Reaction score
sutz":30e5ev2n said:
Seymour":30e5ev2n said:
andyh64000":30e5ev2n said:
Seymour":30e5ev2n said:

If all they cared about was "taller" they would have cut Baldwin years ago. ;)

I think you are being facetious...but obviously they were trying to fill a role with their last WR roster spot.

randomation

Reaction score
andyh64000":1czg11uz said:
Seafan":1czg11uz said:
randomation":1czg11uz said:
andyh64000":1czg11uz said:

I literally posted the numbers he is faster and more agile as well as taller. The only thing Kasen beats him on is vertical and that difference doesn't even match the height difference let alone the length one. I get that people are obsessed with husky players but Tanner is one of the most athletic players on the team.

andyh64000

Reaction score
randomation":1ectogyj said:
andyh64000":1ectogyj said:
Seafan":1ectogyj said:
randomation":1ectogyj said:

I literally posted the numbers he is faster and more agile as well as taller. The only thing Kasen beats him on is vertical and that difference doesn't even match the height difference let alone the length one. I get that people are obsessed with husky players but Tanner is one of the most athletic players on the team.

And I replied that the numbers were were skewed for Kasen since Kasen was coming off a horrific injury.

randomation

Reaction score
Then go look up his high school numbers. There is a reason Tanner gets separation and Kasen doesn't it's because he is faster and more agile in addition to being bigger. Arguing with Husky glasses is intensely annoying.

andyh64000

Reaction score
randomation":22mywhs0 said:
Then go look up his high school numbers. There is a reason Tanner gets separation and Kasen doesn't it's because he is faster and more agile in addition to being bigger. Arguing with Husky glasses is intensely annoying.

I guarantee Kasens HS numbers were better. And until this Thursday (move in day) I have no ties to the Huskies.

randomation

Reaction score
If Kasen's numbers were better than Tanners are then post them. Kasen was making spectacular catches because he had to because he lacks the ability to get separation. Most of Tanner's catches he ends up wide open due to his athletic ability and route running.

randomation

Reaction score
The entire O was painful to watch for some reason this team does not do well in rain which is weird.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You don't get to do that.

We have receivers that drop the ball because we don't value receivers that catch it.

We value measurables and we value 'upside'. The reason a tremendously talented and physical specimen like Tanner was available was because he was flawed and because his tape was incomplete (since he played various positions).

But watching the guy, it is clear he does not have soft hands. We kept him because he does other stuff, and hell I like how he played safety, but he is going to drop passes - especially in the rain.

He fights the ball a bit, and maybe you can train that out of him, but soft hands are either there or not. He does not have them.

Same thing with WR. Remember when they asked Baldwin who had the best hands on the team? Some guy that is not even on the team anymore? Lawler apparently runs really great routes (not sure he has great hands either though). But we like our WRs to do things that have nothing to do with catching the ball. So when you throw the balls to guys like that, and they do not catch it reliably, you have only yourself to blame.

(Another example where we seem to emphasize secondary qualities over primary... like how we like our OL to be 'mean and nasty' instead of just 'competent and skilled'. It kills me.)