Tarvaris arrested for pulling gun on wife....go Boykins...

Jville

Reaction score
Drugs and Alcohol

A national epidemic by
hundreds of thousands
making bad decisions
every day
about drugs and alcohol

Ozzy

Reaction score
kidhawk":z9qm584q said:
RobDaHawk":z9qm584q said:
Hope Boykins is truly as good as Clayton says he is. Although, if Russ goes down it won't matter much with regards to who comes in anyway.

I still have respect for T-jack though even though he clearly did something that was in the wrong. Women can drive men to do some stupid stuff, not a first and won't be a last. I'm not saying it justified, but I can see how it happens.

Unless she had a gun pointed at him or something similar (which it doesn't appear to be), I can't see any scenario where I would understand why a man would pull a gun on his wife and threaten to kill her and say I understand why.
If true how can someone justify that?

sc85sis

Reaction score
If he actually did this, he should not be re-signed, he's an idiot and he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

If he didn't do this, and his wife is making it up, he should get a divorce.

Either way, not a good situation.

ivotuk

Reaction score
austinslater25":33eg2wpu said:
kidhawk":33eg2wpu said:
RobDaHawk":33eg2wpu said:
Hope Boykins is truly as good as Clayton says he is. Although, if Russ goes down it won't matter much with regards to who comes in anyway.

I still have respect for T-jack though even though he clearly did something that was in the wrong. Women can drive men to do some stupid stuff, not a first and won't be a last. I'm not saying it justified, but I can see how it happens.

Unless she had a gun pointed at him or something similar (which it doesn't appear to be), I can't see any scenario where I would understand why a man would pull a gun on his wife and threaten to kill her and say I understand why.
If true how can someone justify that?

Easy guys. I don't see anyone justifying anything.

There are two sides to every story, and sometimes it's the wife that escalates it. But there is no justification for violence, and I dunt think anyone here is saying that there is.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hate to hear this happened. Either way this ends, Jackson and his wife need to seriously seek help working through their issues or mutually agree to end the marriage. Kids are involved and they don't need to lose one parent and have the other locked up for the rest of their lives. Do the right thing. Fix the issue or remove people from harm's way.

More than likely the Seahawks will be scrambling to bring in a vet late in TC or after the cut to 53. I doubt they would trust the backup job to Boykin.

AVL

Reaction score
Rat":12x1l4jn said:
There are probably two sides to that story.

Doesn't matter. These hot button crimes you are media convicted with a walk it back option, good luck.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't know whether to feel sad or laugh. Drugs, alcohol, a loaded gun, a man with insecurity and a woman with an attitude. What could possibly go wrong here?

It sucks that it had to end this way, but considering all the factors it could have been a lot worse.

kearly

Reaction score
The annoying part will be when Boykin bombs out and Seattle is desperate enough to sign Tjack in week 5, immediately followed by every SJW rag like Deadspin etc reminding us all that "Pete Carroll and John Schneider don't care about DV issues." Hell, they've probably already written the article and have their finger hovering over submit as we speak.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":14oxw28t said:
kidhawk":14oxw28t said:
RobDaHawk":14oxw28t said:

Well congrats on not ever having been at a super low point in your life. Like I said, it's not justifiable but this sort of thing happens all over the country on a daily basis unfortunately. Domestic violence takes many forms, sometes there's a gun involved.

Dude just stop....

warden

Reaction score
With the leagues major crack down on domestic violence there will be a heavy suspension coming which will prevent anyone from signing him. His NFL days are over

JPatera76

Reaction score
I'm tired of seeing everyone bagging on Boykin when none of us has seen him at the NFL level yet, So quick to judge and to damn stubborn to accept change that TJack isn't good anymore. A Tjack that if he started today would not win us games, he could barely move the ball let alone HIMSELF during the preseason games. The offense is built around Russell and his skill-sets and Boykins puts Seattle in a favorable position because his skill-sets are similar so the offense doesn't need to change.

I appreciate what he has done for us in the past but, its time to move on to something more reassuring.
And why isn't this in the NFL section? He's not a Seahawk. Not under contract, and every other player that was former or not longer under contract discussions were moved. (Coleman, Tate etc etc)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It would be great if everyone would wait until he is found guilty before tarring and feathering him.

I get that while we like watching players we rarely really know what these guys are like in real life, but in that same spirit - you rarely get the truth when you try to interpret the contribution of just one side. He was alleged to have done this so let it play out - suspend him until resolved.

But before you break out the pitchforks and torches it might make sense to find out if :

A. He really did this

B. There was not a mitigating or extenuating circumstance (like self-defense as an example) that has not been discovered yet.

Looks bad for the guy, but I would rather make sure he is guilty before we start burning his jerseys.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ew2t1mf said:
It would be great if everyone would wait until he is found guilty before tarring and feathering him.

I get that while we like watching players we rarely really know what these guys are like in real life, but in that same spirit - you rarely get the truth when you try to interpret the contribution of just one side. He was alleged to have done this so let it play out - suspend him until resolved.

But before you break out the pitchforks and torches it might make sense to find out if :

A. He really did this

B. There was not a mitigating or extenuating circumstance (like self-defense as an example) that has not been discovered yet.

Looks bad for the guy, but I would rather make sure he is guilty before we start burning his jerseys.

Post of the day.