Tarvaris arrested for pulling gun on wife....go Boykins...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":334293y5 said:
scutterhawk":334293y5 said:
Rat":334293y5 said:
There are probably two sides to that story.
Nope, pointing a loaded gun at his wife and toying with the notion of killing the mother of his children?......End of discussion.
Since you want to take this approach, I'll throw something else out there.

Tarvaris is and has been a family man. His wife, unknown whether this is the same wife, has lupus and gave birth to their first child with a heart condition severe enough that the infant needed a pacemaker. This grossly effected his play at the time, but that's neither here nor there.

Most reports don't give a time table, but some recent ones say she went down to the kitchen to grab a knife first. If that really is the case then the case will likely be thrown out.

These types of things happen every day. Since you want to talk about the kids lives being thrown into turmoil, the types of things that cause these things are usually "You'll never see your kids again." Given that Tarvaris was out, the kids where asleep in bed, and she was awake, they probably had some sort of verbal or text massive argument, in which case he probably came home insanely pissed off and near homicidal at the thought of losing his kids. God knows I'd burn this entire freaking world to the ground for mine, let alone threaten my wife's life.

I don't know that this is the case, but again, most often these things have to do with paternal instinct where losing your kids out of spite is a very real and very likely possibility. Someone threatening to take away your kids and subsequently threatening said person's life seems pretty fair to me.

Of course, he also could have just came home wasted and looking for a fight too, but I'm not naive enough to think that women can do no wrong. In any case, it isn't right to condemn either one of them as of yet.

I lost my kids through NO wrong doing on my part, as my EX decided that she hadn't screwed around enough.
I worked hard to give her and my kids a good life, and even though I had my heart ripped out and became disgusted with her, I've been drunk on my ass, but I NEVER EVER considered threatening to shoot her.....Not even when she spanked my toddler son for getting his hands on and spilling her new boyfriends baggie of pot....Is that enough context for ya?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
At this point in time, I can't say anything bad about T Jack. I don't know what happened, other than his wife supposedly told the police he pulled a gun on her. I don't know if he actually did pull a gun on her. And if he did, I don't know whether or not it was justified. Until I know for sure, I will give him the benefit of the doubt as I do for everyone in these situations.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Whenever something like this happens, I try to avoid the reporting on it for a while. I figure they don't have anything close to a complete story for a week or so, and often longer.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2zvr1q2o said:
vin.couve12":2zvr1q2o said:
scutterhawk":2zvr1q2o said:
Rat":2zvr1q2o said:
There are probably two sides to that story.
Nope, pointing a loaded gun at his wife and toying with the notion of killing the mother of his children?......End of discussion.
Since you want to take this approach, I'll throw something else out there.

Tarvaris is and has been a family man. His wife, unknown whether this is the same wife, has lupus and gave birth to their first child with a heart condition severe enough that the infant needed a pacemaker. This grossly effected his play at the time, but that's neither here nor there.

Most reports don't give a time table, but some recent ones say she went down to the kitchen to grab a knife first. If that really is the case then the case will likely be thrown out.

These types of things happen every day. Since you want to talk about the kids lives being thrown into turmoil, the types of things that cause these things are usually "You'll never see your kids again." Given that Tarvaris was out, the kids where asleep in bed, and she was awake, they probably had some sort of verbal or text massive argument, in which case he probably came home insanely pissed off and near homicidal at the thought of losing his kids. God knows I'd burn this entire freaking world to the ground for mine, let alone threaten my wife's life.

I don't know that this is the case, but again, most often these things have to do with paternal instinct where losing your kids out of spite is a very real and very likely possibility. Someone threatening to take away your kids and subsequently threatening said person's life seems pretty fair to me.

Of course, he also could have just came home wasted and looking for a fight too, but I'm not naive enough to think that women can do no wrong. In any case, it isn't right to condemn either one of them as of yet.

I lost my kids through NO wrong doing on my part, as my EX decided that she hadn't screwed around enough.
I worked hard to give her and my kids a good life, and even though I had my heart ripped out and became disgusted with her, I've been drunk on my ass, but I NEVER EVER considered threatening to shoot her.....Not even when she spanked my toddler son for getting his hands on and spilling her new boyfriends baggie of pot....Is that enough context for ya?
Good. So you didn't do anything stupid...

falcongoggles

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":ultvq4hw said:
Hope Boykins is truly as good as Clayton says he is. Although, if Russ goes down it won't matter much with regards to who comes in anyway.

I still have respect for T-jack though even though he clearly did something that was in the wrong. Women can drive men to do some stupid stuff, not a first and won't be a last. I'm not saying it justified, but I can see how it happens.

Sweet baby jesus, I have no idea what you said. I've been staring at your avatar

GeekHawk

Reaction score
kearly":21equu8z said:
The annoying part will be when Boykin bombs out and Seattle is desperate enough to sign Tjack in week 5, immediately followed by every SJW rag like Deadspin etc reminding us all that "Pete Carroll and John Schneider don't care about DV issues." Hell, they've probably already written the article and have their finger hovering over submit as we speak.

I don't really know why people assume that without Russ we're auto-screwed. Because his replacement will be a rookie? So was Matt Flynn's. That worked out pretty well from the get-go. I don't really think Boykin will automatically be worse than T-Jack was, and hope he'll be better.

rideaducati

Reaction score
This isn't how I imagined Tarvaris leaving, but it isn't how the job gets done that matters, what matters is that the job gets done.

Buh bye Tarvaris. It sucked watching you play.

devilhawk88

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1ivoig6n said:
What is it with guns and some pro athletes? Mix in booze or some weed and or whatever and add an argument and stupid stuff results. Guys shooting themselves, or getting shot.

In a situation like this if found guilty, he should lose his right to ever again own a handgun as he has demonstrated he is irresponsible with it. The effect is something like: "You piss me off, so I'll shot you!". Allowing stupid people to have guns increases the high risk that something bad will happen because they have guns.

W/o prejudging this I suspect Tarvaris' career in the NFL is now over. What a dumb thing for him to have done.

Next man up, hopefully Boykins is smarter.

Any time someone is convicted of DV they lose their right to have guns. This all has far less to do with the gun and more to do with the alcohol. That coupled with whatever was going on between his "wife" and him. If it really happened like they say then he'll get what's coming to him.

svenge

Reaction score
GeekHawk":s6xjsmql said:
I don't really know why people assume that without Russ we're auto-screwed. Because his replacement will be a rookie? So was Matt Flynn's. That worked out pretty well from the get-go.

You're forgetting to mention the part about RW being a QB coming off of a very successful year in a pro-style offense @ Wisconsin and having a reputation as a high-character guy, whose only detriment to being drafted earlier than the 3rd round was his size.

For contrast, Boykin is coming off a spread-offense system at TCU and managed to get sent home prior to last year's Alamo Bowl for "assaulting a public officer", which only partially explains why he went undrafted.

That's an apples-to-apples comparison, alright. :roll:

devilhawk88

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3aqw9j0v said:
This might be a career ender. DO NOT LIKE MEN WITH NO SELF CONTROL.
Why don't women have to have self control? Equality right? No one knows the details yet. It's a police report, I'm sure Tarvaris didn't file it against himself. So until it goes to court and both sides get put out there it's a bias document.

chris98251

Reaction score
Read another story where she had a Knife and an Iron, now when did she grab them isn't said but still, a guy grabbing a loaded gun pointing it and saying your going to kill someone isn't a good choice of action. It also said another adult separated them, so others were present in the home. Seems there was a lot of emotion going on and alcohol and a emotional situation isn't a good mix, never says if she was drinking as well.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Anyone know about how much T-jack has made through the course of his career? I mean he's getting long in the tooth. Sounds like a good time to hang em up and work on his personal life a bit more.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":340foseg said:
TwistedHusky":340foseg said:
Looks bad for the guy, but I would rather make sure he is guilty before we start burning his jerseys.

Wait. Somebody has his jersey? :shock:

Holy hell. Burn the people that had his jersey.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I'm all for prudence and due process, but I'll be interested to hear the scenario in which as an athletic professional football player it's justified to get drunk, pull a gun on your spouse and threaten to kill her.

It's possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. If she's attacking you go behind a locked door and call the police or leave. Doesn't seem that complicated.

rideaducati

Reaction score
devilhawk88":3af6ect5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3af6ect5 said:
This might be a career ender. DO NOT LIKE MEN WITH NO SELF CONTROL.
Why don't women have to have self control? Equality right? No one knows the details yet. It's a police report, I'm sure Tarvaris didn't file it against himself. So until it goes to court and both sides get put out there it's a bias document.

Only the court system is not allowed to have an opinion prior to the trial. The rest of us are free to form any opinion on the matter at any time. Since the "is" a police report and we have the information in that report, I am of the opinion that Tarvaris made a mistake. If more comes out later that shows this was a false report, I may change my mind if I choose.

Jville

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":1q32iqzk said:
Anyone know about how much T-jack has made through the course of his career? I mean he's getting long in the tooth. Sounds like a good time to hang em up and work on his personal life a bit more.

T-jack earnings ....... $12,139,027

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Using this thread to crap on T-Jack's career is pretty lame. He played decent his 1 year as a starter, including playing hurt much of that time. Yeah he was never destined for the HOF but he at least deserves some respect. Sucks how it ended but we can at least try to be grown ups about things.