Tate not happy with us

Hawks46

Reaction score
MVP53":20p5zr54 said:
Hawkstorian":20p5zr54 said:
I've noticed that players are getting rankled by the .01% of fans who engage on twitter. If I were an athlete I would just NOT do twitter.

Or just act like a freakin professional athlete and ignore the few idiots who are badgering you.

Jeez, does he go in the stands and argue with every fan who is pissed when he drops a pass too?

And .01% is generous. .001? .0001 maybe?

It's probably that low of a percentage of total fans, but I'd bet it's more like 40% of Twitter fans.

Seriously, whether it's Facebook, Twitter, etc......if you spend a good portion of your time on social media, you're a drama queen. Period.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1rvohsaj said:
I've noticed that players are getting rankled by the .01% of fans who engage on twitter. If I were an athlete I would just NOT do twitter.

This. If anything deactivate the account until training camp.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ja4r2ym said:
That's why social media (esp twitter, and Facebook) sucks. Too many keyboard warriors living the good life out of moms basement when they are 32 years old.

I approve of this message. :th2thumbs:

razgriz737

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":34fr4rfu said:
Between the apparently pretty low contract offer and the idiot 12's spewing vitriol at him for leaving I can't blame him for feeling unappreciated and hurt.
Can't agree more.

It's hard to blame him for listening to all the people sending garbage to him on Twitter. They may not be the majority of fans, but they are certainly the vocal minority. It's not just Twitter either. Crappy memes about him get posted on the "Seahawks Memes" facebook page almost daily now.

This one from the other day got over 4,000 'likes':

1897977_601363396608478_1794243194_n.jpg

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Not surprised. If I were him and all of this happened to me, I'd be disgusted too. So many Seahawks fans have been saying ridiculous things on social media sites. I know not all Hawks fans have voiced these same things, but many are while (in comparison), a handful have voiced their feelings in a far more respectable manner and thanked him for what he did in Seattle to contribute to this team's first Super Bowl victory. If he was offered nearly twice as much from the Lions, he'd be stupid to turn that down to stay in Seattle. I don't root for any other football team and my first choice would be Seattle, but if I played professional football, was signed by Seattle out of the draft, played fairly well through my rookie contract without complaining about the money and then was given an offer, as Tate said it, in a take or leave it sort of way that acts as if they're just going through the motions and offering an extremely low contract expecting me to probably go elsewhere....I'd go elsewhere. Thing is, though, Seattle probably had little to no intention on re-signing him anyway, unless he did exactly that (accepting well below market value). I know it's not meant to be an insult even though Tate probably took it that way, but with so many stars on this team, not everyone is going to be able to get top dollar in Seattle. It's unfortunate, but this is how it has to be with a salary cap in place. Being a run-first team that sprinkles in a passing game, receivers have far less value in our system, but that doesn't mean we didn't want him. There's just a line Seattle has to draw in order to make sure the team's future isn't compromised. Drafting a rookie sometime in the first three rounds (if we move up or back into the 3rd) will cost significantly less with little to no drop off IMO. It could also be a huge boost to the offense, but it's a chance you have to take sometimes and you have to be able to trust your scouts, drafting ability and system to bring the most out of young players. With what Seattle has done since Pete and John came here, I have little reason to question the decisions they make.

I would have preferred this not come up in the media because it's just more drama on a situation that shines a negative light towards the Seahawks, The Fans and Golden Tate depending on who you talk to. I enjoyed having Tate on this team, but I'm indifferent on the situation for the reasons I stated above. I care about this TEAM more than any one individual and unless the player is critical to our success going forward, the most you'll get from me is probably a shrug of the shoulders. Anyone outside of the Top 5-7 Players (on a young, championship team) isn't assured anything. A small percentage are "must keep no matter what", a decent chunk are dependent on whether they'll take less to stay or they're able to be retained due to a soft market and the rest are interchangeable who will be let go or choose to move on and we'll keep rotating young guys or veterans in on low contracts in order to help even out the discrepancy from elite players on the team who will be making a ton of cash yearly.

I hope Tate has success in Detroit, especially when the Lions play SF, St. Louis and Arizona, but do horribly when they get to play Seattle. Seattle will be fine at receiver without him with guys like Harvin, Baldwin and Kearse still on the team. I still expect us to add another receiver or two via the draft, free agency or combination of the two and if they pan out, it could very well be an upgrade to our offense over Tate. I think losing Tate has the biggest impact on our Punt Return game. Maybe Christine Michael will fill that role well because I really don't care for Turbin or Kearse back there. Anyway, going to stop before I end up writing a novel. Excited to see who they add in the draft. I really want a big receiver with physicality to help Wilson in the red zone, but I also wouldn't be that surprised to see them grab another small(ish) receiver with some speed like a Brandin Cooks or Odell Beckham Jr. I think both would do very well in Seattle and provide an upgrade over Tate.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
razgriz737":26sts5i3 said:
Zebulon Dak":26sts5i3 said:
Between the apparently pretty low contract offer and the idiot 12's spewing vitriol at him for leaving I can't blame him for feeling unappreciated and hurt.
Can't agree more.

It's hard to blame him for listening to all the people sending garbage to him on Twitter. They may not be the majority of fans, but they are certainly the vocal minority. It's not just Twitter either. Crappy memes about him get posted on the "Seahawks Memes" facebook page almost daily now.

What pisses me off is that pic is being distributed by almost of the FB Seahawks groups. True fans those mods are

davidonmi

Reaction score
razgriz737":3lfs6c85 said:
Zebulon Dak":3lfs6c85 said:
Can't agree more.

the worst part about that meme is tate was probably telling the truth. Facebook fans are the worst

kearly

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1o4uet5w said:
There has been a lot of people, such as myself, standing up for him on Twitter and other forms of social media as well. The ones tripping are the usual suspects: the unknowledgeable, the bandwagon, the emo, and the haters

Keep fighting the good fight.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kearly":3hgnohh2 said:
-The Glove-":3hgnohh2 said:
There has been a lot of people, such as myself, standing up for him on Twitter and other forms of social media as well. The ones tripping are the usual suspects: the unknowledgeable, the bandwagon, the emo, and the haters

Keep fighting the good fight.

Chuck

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's disappointing when he says "the offer from Seattle was "laughable" and "part of the reason he left is because Michigan has much better golf courses."

Sounds to me like he's the one with the sour grapes but turns around and points the finger at fans.

Almost every single player out there gets negative tweets, yet you don't hear a "peep" out of them. Why make a story out of this Tate? Unless you are the one who needs to get over it.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
A few negative comments by completely anonymous twits, (some might not even be 12s) and he gets butt hurt. I honestly really like him and wanted him to stay. He chose to leave. It's the way the game is played, he's arguing with God only knows who. C'mon, who's the professional anyway? Good luck in Detroit Golden!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Any of you ever leave a woman for greener pastures, then when she bitched about you to your mutual friends you felt justified in leaving?

Same ol shit.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
That's what he gets with having a twitter account.

And didn't Bob Sims complain about Seattle as well when he went to the Lions?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Tate is being a ho, really. Just stop with the woman scorned bit man.