Tate not happy with us

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Jville":c3jd69pi said:
MizzouHawkGal":c3jd69pi said:
Hawkstorian":c3jd69pi said:
I've noticed that players are getting rankled by the .01% of fans who engage on twitter. If I were an athlete I would just NOT do twitter.
Pretty much, I seriously have no understanding of this "nobody ever loses everyone is never mean" mentality the world has devolved into? Buck up and ignore the ignorant Golden.

I love you but your price is too high for my team deal with it and more on.

Congratulations on your quadruplet?
Just trying to hammer my point home? (hate how this ONE site refuses to work with my phone).

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Did we lowball, or did Detroit over pay? Or someplace in the middle?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":24vq5pq5 said:

Sounds like somewhere in between to me. Although I don't think $13M guaranteed is too much really.

Atradees

Reaction score
Dear Mr Tate, do you need to bum a cigarrette? You are acting like an ungrateful Hobo.Perhaps you belong on the Lions who are not

going to the playoffs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3qu58j41 said:
Seahwks2016 zps1361801c

Sorry Tate, wish you were still here, but dude, you fit in the 'Everyone Else' category.

But glad you got a great contract, good luck. :Dunno:

PS Just listening to the radio link from above, I love the quote, "This city really isnt that bad...." :D But seriously making on average 6.2 million dollars a year, would go a long way in that city. He'll probably be in Cali during the off-seasons anyway.

This covers it perfectly.

According to Tate:

"I'm going to earn in one year at Detroit what Seattle was going to pay me for two years. Seattle offered numbers that were laughable. I thought, 'I've given you everything and this is what you give me?'

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10630 ... -laughable

I love Golden and what he did for this team the last 2 years, but there were times prior to that when it was all Golden Tate. That's why he ended up getting benched.

In Detroit he'll make 6.2 million, so if he's being truthful, he was offered 3.1 million per year here. That seems kind of lowball to me as I was thinking in the 4 to 4.5 million range. But this is a run first team and 5'10" wide receivers don't play all that much in to the offense. The one thing we will miss though is his punt returning ability, that won a game or two for us.

I'm glad he got paid and will miss him, but i don't think he's sticking to the facts here. Seattle offered what the position level was worth to them and it had nothing to do with loyalty or being insulting.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1o77fw09 said:

I don't see how Detroit overpaid. Look at contracts around the league. $6M/yr is commensurate with a player of Tate's caliber and production. We offered much less than that, and I personally doubt it was even a serious offer. Perhaps more of a courtesy to get the FA ball rolling for Tate.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Tate seems to forget for the first two years he did jack. So he did not give everything and the team stuck with him. Enjoy Detroit.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":15jxnt0x said:
ZorntoLargent":15jxnt0x said:

Sounds like somewhere in between to me. Although I don't think $13M guaranteed is too much really.
That's my opinion but asses need cover right?

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
I'm still just enjoying the fact we won the superbowl like we did... Sometimes people get caught up in responding to or making comments at the end of a relationship that both sides end up regretting. I say we just take the high road and let this little twitter outburst blow over.

Tate was a big part of this team and I will always remember his name and his contributions here, I will also chuckle thinking about that hit on Sean Lee or the touchdown where he taunted the rams (and several other memorable plays). If he comes back to Seattle someday as a player, a position coach or even to make a public appearance...I will appreciate seeing him and welcome him as part of this 2013/14 Superbowl team. In fact, all the players we lose this year will always be Hawks to me and I thank them for bringing the Lombardi to our town.

That being said... I think everyone here liked Golden and still does. For him, choosing to take more money and go on to Detroit is obviously his choice, but many of us wished he would have taken less and stayed here, (granted, we don't know what Schneider offered). Most of us won't make that much in our lifetimes and probably resent anyone acting like only a couple million a year just isn't going to feed the family. My raise this year was pretty good, and I am pretty lucky, I got about about $2200 more per year.

Whether for money or something else, he decided to stop being a Seahawk and become a Detroit Lion. Seattle is a special place with true fans, but I'm afraid He will find out it's not quite the same in detroit.

We wish you good luck Golden, I'm sure you will do well there too. And you will always be remembered for being a great Seahawk player with a passion for the game and for this town (and of course for stealing an occasional maple bar).

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":16viv3gc said:
Any player worth his salt "gives everything they possibly can". He wanted to get paid. He got paid. Tate's a good player but he is still a bit immature. I hope he's happy in Detroit. He'll likely get more targets and yardage there, which will (hypothetically) give him the fame and adoration he so clearly desires.

This. I am grateful he was part of the first Superbowl and he had his moments. Ill never forget Tate as time goes by since he was there for the first one. Having sad that, he obviously left to get more money as the Seahawks were apparently not offering him very much compared to Detroit. He can have his money and maybe slightly better stats but he will NEVER see a ring again until he is off the lions and if he is ok with that since he has one allready than so be it.

plyka

Reaction score
DavidSeven":th8hnrhz said:
I really don't get the need to direct any animosity at Tate whatsoever. How is he the bad guy in this? The Seahawks go out and pay Harvin $11M/yr and then offer Tate a joke of a deal with guarantees that are likely smaller than ONE YEAR of Harvin's contract. Obviously, the Seahawks essentially made a business decision to move on (one that I don't necessarily disagree with). Throwing pot shots at him about having to play on Detroit or whatever is really unecessary.

Dude he is the one on Seattle radio more than a week after he signed with a new team bitching about disrespect from the hawks and complaining about the fans. We are only talking about his sour grapes. We aren't the ones actually creating those sour grapes.

theascension

Reaction score
We just have to assume FO have faith in Percy's health (and I do too) for next year. Where does that put Tate? He barely showed up in the playoffs looking like a #4 target and honestly I have to wonder if Wilson/Lockette won't be even better than him in YPC next year. It's better for everyone as bitter as he might be about it.
This will be the first. Next year will likely be even harder as a fan. We'll be letting go a lot of guys I'm guessing.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't identify with the "us" in the thread title. :mrgreen:

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Hey Golden, you were offered what you were worth to our team. Get over it.... Just because Detroit offered you more than you're worth to other teams doesn't make it laughable. You just barely became productive enough to garner a decent contract in the first place. You were basis disappointment before 2012-13

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Im disappointed he left. I can't blame him for leaving. But I'm not going to blow up his twitter with either praise or hate. Just going to move on, just like he should.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I found it interesting that while he didn't say it by name, that you could tell he was taking some veiled shots at Percy Harvin today.

Tate brought up how durable he was and that he was here for 4 years and that they were willing to pay "others" 3x what he was offered a year.

Harvin's cap number this year is 12 mil.. his reported offer from Seattle was 5/20M .. so yeah.. you fill in the blanks.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
#GoldenTateDontHate

Gonna miss him. I doubt we find anyone to replace that physicality he brought to the WR-core. I side with ADB and Tate, "fans" are quick to turn and forget how much they have little control in the business decisions when they are not the "elite" of the bunch.

I fear that we lose Baldwin in the same fashion due to the fact we can't have Percy making $12+ million a year and ADB refuses to stay on a run-first team at the salary they need to stay within in order to pay Okung, Wilson, Thomas and Sherman in the next couple of years.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":26wlgrj4 said:
I found it interesting that while he didn't say it by name, that you could tell he was taking some veiled shots at Percy Harvin today.

Tate brought up how durable he was and that he was here for 4 years and that they were willing to pay "others" 3x what he was offered a year.

Harvin's cap number this year is 12 mil.. his reported offer from Seattle was 5/20M .. so yeah.. you fill in the blanks.

Oh yeah. This was all very easy to see coming and I wrote a lot about this very thing when we brought Harvin in. Tate said publicly he wasn't thrilled about any of it. Then he played like a man possessed this year (yes, he did), refusing to fair catch balls and just played with attitude...all for this day.

Tate was already dubbed "a poor man's Percy Harvin", then proceeded to watch Harvin get a contract with us that really did make him look poor. I suspected he and Harvin would not be team mates after 2014. I wish Tate well and I wish Harvin good health. He will need to perform well this year or this is going to spiral downwards in a big hurry.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":uwzjqfwr said:

What blanks? He was out the minute Harvin was traded for. Please tell me why that wasn't obvious? Oh yeah, just relax about the health concerns. They pretty much played the same number of games in the same period of time. Shocking right?