Tate not happy with us

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds to me like he wanted to stay in Seattle and he ended up feeling like we didn't want him anymore. I can't blame him for being upset. Obviously he doesn't have to be immature about it, but we're talking about the guy who... well, we all know how he is. And he's all nice and rich now, he'll get over it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He is nothing more than the girl we broke up with. She is now crazy and mad.

Exittium

Reaction score
ivotuk":19ufv059 said:
It's disappointing when he says "the offer from Seattle was "laughable" and "part of the reason he left is because Michigan has much better golf courses."

Sounds to me like he's the one with the sour grapes but turns around and points the finger at fans.

Almost every single player out there gets negative tweets, yet you don't hear a "peep" out of them. Why make a story out of this Tate? Unless you are the one who needs to get over it.

Agreed is like buyers remorse and he's now using what he can to "justify" his departure. I'm fine with or without him. Good luck to him and his career. Because now if he meets up with the LOB it wont be practice hits.. He's the enemy now.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I love Golden, still do, always will. He took the paycheck! I don't blame him, it is a game of $$$.

But I hope he has no regrets when he is headed for vacation next winter on a team with a 7-9 record. Watchin' his old club go to Phoenix to play out our destiny!!!

Life is full of decisions.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Why is he even discussing this... how can he be surprised? There's always a bad apple in the bunch. A very few Seahawks fans are saying those things.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Seahwks2016 zps1361801c

Sorry Tate, wish you were still here, but dude, you fit in the 'Everyone Else' category.

But glad you got a great contract, good luck. :Dunno:

PS Just listening to the radio link from above, I love the quote, "This city really isnt that bad...." :D But seriously making on average 6.2 million dollars a year, would go a long way in that city. He'll probably be in Cali during the off-seasons anyway.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
sour grapes are in any produce section anywhere, it's part of the the game

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Too much drama being injected into this. I have been feeling bummed (more than I would have thought) this week that Tate is no longer with the team and probably still will for awhile. Tate, if you're reading (doubt it), I was hoping you would retire one day as a Hawk. But, when the Hawks traded for Percy Harvin, it meant that it would be tough to pay all the players the Seahawks otherwise would have been in better position to make more player deemed "respectable" offers. I'm not surprised and understand why Tate moved on. Just leave it at that, man. The factors that went into this decision were not ideal. It's the NFL in the free agency and salary cap era.

I do hate the respect card on this. Geez. Come on, now. Their low offer has nothing to do with disrespect. That's an unfortunate parting jab from Tate. It's more like the Seahawks hands were tied and they could only offer so much. Tate should have chatted with Michael Robinson before spewing his distaste and just take the high road. Nice to hear that PC did take the high road in his congratulations to Tate and other parting comments treating him like family.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have no problem with Golden taking the better deal, but he needs to understand that he got more money on his first contract than rookies get these days because he was here before the CBA. He also was largely unproductive his first two years, during which time Pete and staff were really quite patient with him. Not every team would bend over backwards to push him and help him excel the way Seattle did.

Unfortunately for him, Harvin is more valuable, as are Sherm, Earl and Russell.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I really don't get the need to direct any animosity at Tate whatsoever. How is he the bad guy in this? The Seahawks go out and pay Harvin $11M/yr and then offer Tate a joke of a deal with guarantees that are likely smaller than ONE YEAR of Harvin's contract. Obviously, the Seahawks essentially made a business decision to move on (one that I don't necessarily disagree with). Throwing pot shots at him about having to play on Detroit or whatever is really unecessary.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":n7ir4goq said:
I've noticed that players are getting rankled by the .01% of fans who engage on twitter. If I were an athlete I would just NOT do twitter.
Pretty much, I seriously have no understanding of this "nobody ever loses everyone is never mean" mentality the world has devolved into? Buck up and ignore the ignorant Golden.

I love you but your price is too high for my team deal with it and more on.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Seattle fans need to get over it, but Tate is crying here. It's because he really wanted to come back and basically got told, through what he was offered from Seattle and how they traded for and paid Harvin, how little the team valued him.

If he was over it, he still wouldn't be crying about it a week later on Seattle radio.

He's less excited to go to Detroit than he is to stay here lamenting that he's not a Seahawk. Dude, you're a multi-millionaire, move on and realize, "Hey, I got 13M guaranteed." Go hang out with Matt Stafford and his wife and stop whining on the radio here.

Jilted lovers all over the place looking terrible.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":36jdl4xm said:
I've noticed that players are getting rankled by the .01% of fans who engage on twitter. If I were an athlete I would just NOT do twitter.
Pretty much, I seriously have no understanding of this "nobody ever loses everyone is never mean" mentality the world has devolved into? Buck up and ignore the ignorant Golden.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3pnwjp1m said:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2f1zzd3a said:
He is nothing more than the girl we broke up with. She is now crazy and mad.

It does seem like he's having trouble moving on alright.

Tumblr morc2it0tm1r3jsrko1 500

Jville

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1dk7n12q said:
Hawkstorian":1dk7n12q said:

Congratulations on your quadruplet?

drdiags

Reaction score
Couple of things. Our drama driven local "Sports" radio called him up. Now maybe he should have turned down their request, but lets be honest here. Our locals like stirring up crap. He tweeted that the 12's were coming after him with some vile stuff. Small minority or not, it probably wasn't good for the ego. He, just like all the other players here have attributed their success to the 12's, after every game. On the road or at home. A couple of the dorks get butt-hurt because "he promised us" and the man tried to ask for mercy.

Which is like sharks smelling blood in the water. If you look at the responses, half were knucklehead Packers fans still whining about "Fail Mary", some other were folks wanting to continue with the ex-hero bashing and others trying to support him and telling him good luck.

He should have seen this coming and just let it roll off his back but that is why these athletes have twitter. Most of the time it is an affirmation to them. Social media 12s are not a good look. They have battled so long talking crap with 9ers fans, I cannot tell them apart.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
drdiags":10i6dycw said:
Couple of things. Our drama driven local "Sports" radio called him up. Now maybe he should have turned down their request, but lets be honest here. Our locals like stirring up crap. He tweeted that the 12's were coming after him with some vile stuff. Small minority or not, it probably wasn't good for the ego. He, just like all the other players here have attributed their success to the 12's, after every game. On the road or at home. A couple of the dorks get butt-hurt because "he promised us" and the man tried to ask for mercy.

Which is like sharks smelling blood in the water. If you look at the responses, half were knucklehead Packers fans still whining about "Fail Mary", some other were folks wanting to continue with the ex-hero bashing and others trying to support him and telling him good luck.

He should have seen this coming and just let it roll off his back but that is why these athletes have twitter. Most of the time it is an affirmation to them. Social media 12s are not a good look. They have battled so long talking crap with 9ers fans, I cannot tell them apart.

Sounds like he needs to spend some of that 13 mill on a publicist.