TE Dickson activated then placed on IR, CB Taylor waived

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":yh6vbk07 said:
Largent80":yh6vbk07 said:
Getting rid of Thompson (which has already been proven to help) and Taylor is REALLY going to make the secondary way better.

It took way too long. Pete says he "hates" to give up on guys, but I'm glad he chose to go with the hotter hand.
I know right?
That is what pisses me off about PC..The eyes don't lie about a players performance!

Largent80

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1mnl9a98 said:
Largent80":1mnl9a98 said:
Getting rid of Thompson (which has already been proven to help) and Taylor is REALLY going to make the secondary way better.

It took way too long. Pete says he "hates" to give up on guys, but I'm glad he chose to go with the hotter hand.

Same goes for Collier, he's not going to get experience being inactive.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Taylor's stunk all year, I'm surprised it took Pete this long to let Ugo take over the nickel position.

I still think we're going to be in base most of the time, so if anyone thinks this signals some sort of scheme shift back to nickel all the time like we did with Coleman, I don't think that's happening.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounds like Fowler is the only one mentioning it. Nothing else is been reported regarding Dickson except that he has been activated. I'm not sure if Fowler is a credible source. I guess we'll see.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If his knee can’t even make it through practice he’s done.

James in PA

Reaction score
You’ve got to be kidding me! Was looking forward to getting Dickson back. Hopefully Hollister continues to ball out and Luke gets back soon. Until then, Swoopes time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really sucks, they could have used him big time as a blocker. Dude just can't stay healthy.
Let me guess, Pete and John should have known he would be injured.... :stirthepot:

HawkGA

Reaction score
James in PA":3ithocj3 said:
You’ve got to be kidding me! Was looking forward to getting Dickson back. Hopefully Hollister continues to ball out and Luke gets back soon. Until then, Swoopes time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's this kind of stuff why they probably didn't trade Penny. One minute looks like a plethora of riches at the position so they trade a TE and then all of a sudden everybody is hurt.

At least with TE they can hide the lack of depth with formations. Can't really do that with RB.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Hollister came out of nowhere from NE via the practice squad. I don't know anything about Swoopes except TE is a relatively new position for him. There has got to be someone out there that no one has heard of that can play. Its like finding a needle in a haystack but if JS is good as everyone thinks, he should have a line on where to look.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkerD":29xrakij said:
Hollister came out of nowhere from NE via the practice squad. I don't know anything about Swoopes except TE is a relatively new position for him. There has got to be someone out there that no one has heard of that can play. Its like finding a needle in a haystack but if JS is good as everyone thinks, he should have a line on where to look.
IIRC Swoopes started a couple of games last year. Called up from the PS and sent back down when the starter got healthy.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The fact he goes back on IR doesn't bother me half as bad as the fact that we wasted one of our return from IR spots on a guy that didn't even see the field. Couldn't they figure out that his knee wasn't going to hold up before activating him?

Maybe we can work Fant in at TE

sutz

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1bsaxxb0 said:
The fact he goes back on IR doesn't bother me half as bad as the fact that we wasted one of our return from IR spots on a guy that didn't even see the field. Couldn't they figure out that his knee wasn't going to hold up before activating him?

Might as well issue Fant a new eligible number. He's pretty much our only blocking "TE."

Seafan

Reaction score
HawkerD":1gboqd1l said:

Hollister has been with the team since the spring when the team traded for him. Swoops has also spent a lot of time with the team over a couple seasons. He's an ok receiver, don't know if he can block.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":37fzfu36 said:

Sometimes you don't know about an injury until you see how it responds after a full week of practice.

The weird part is Dickson's injury prognosis back in August after he had surgery was 4-5 weeks recovery, and it's been what 11, 12 weeks?

Weird.