TE Dickson activated then placed on IR, CB Taylor waived

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really stoked to see him back in the mix. He's basically an extra lineman. Fresh legs and likely very fired up to contribute. He can add to the offense with his hands too. Taylor just seemed out of position a lot and rarely seemed to finish plays.

Rat

Reaction score
Glad to see. Dickson is legit when he's healthy, and we're thin at his position.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Good to hear. Hopefully Amadi gets more reps at nickel. The kid is too talented to be relegated to a backup role and special teams.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2c93gry0 said:
Taylor just seemed out of position a lot and rarely seemed to finish plays.

Every time I saw him he seemed to be chasing whoever caught the ball from behind. Was always getting beat.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Diggs played some NCB for Detroit as well so that change remains a possibility.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You get the feeling the Diggs addition is going to be huge for this team. He just looks natural out there and fit in right away. The way Detroit players and fans reacted to the trade, it makes even more sense why they were angry. Looking forward to seeing Ugo out there more as well. These draft picks are turning out to be pretty solid overall, much better than many assumed. Plus, they are getting those reps which is the only way to develop in this league.
Having Dickson back on that line to help w/blocking is big imo. The pass blocking still makes me nervous, and having an extra body in there to block can only help.

sutz

Reaction score
We've been painfully thin at TE for several weeks. Hopefully, Dickson can step right in and contribute.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think we are going to see a lot of "big Nickel" this week with Blair, Diggs and McDougald all on the field at once. That'll help keep Ertz in check and Eagles don't have great shifty receivers so bigger guys in the secondary should work out.

Largent80

Reaction score
Getting rid of Thompson (which has already been proven to help) and Taylor is REALLY going to make the secondary way better.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Largent80":2zp4vxpb said:
Getting Amadi some snaps is going to have growing pains but it's time to grow.
So Pete finally realized that Ugo couldn't do any worse than Taylor, and Taylor's "experience" was not translating to his play. Looking forward to this change!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Largent80":4ek2q9hn said:
Getting rid of Thompson (which has already been proven to help) and Taylor is REALLY going to make the secondary way better.

It took way too long. Pete says he "hates" to give up on guys, but I'm glad he chose to go with the hotter hand.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wow, from basically starting nickel back to being shown the door. That's a bit unexpected. My hope is for Blair, Diggs, and McDougald, but I suspect Pete is gonna leave Diggs at safety.

Latest posts