Team is soft

rcaido

Reaction score
Blair is missing, he was the enforcer for the team.

KJ has pretty much rejuvenated his career, enough for us to resign him again.

I really wish Bennett was here. Love the guy, maybe he can come out retirement. Clowney really screwed us over, i think w/ him here would solve a lot of the teams problem. Anyone w/ his calibur we can get in the trade deadline. I think this is still our year. We just need to get an average defense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I knew this type of I told you so stuff was coming. So be it, I'm done arguing over this type of thing. I've beaten the horse enough times over the years and have made my opinion known. Losing sucks, being told about it is even worse. And it's fine, they gave the game away last night, not really much else to say.
Fan how you want, and let's get fired up for Sunday.

hangumhi

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3hgyhxx3 said:
This isn't a SB team.

We had an OT regular season loss. We weren't going undefeated. In fact, we have more losses coming.

Not sure how anyone is upset or surprised.

The problem is not a regular season loss.

The problem is that this team is likely making a quick exit in the playoffs if we play a good team.

We have a good offense. We can probably outscore teams. But good balanced teams will beat us.

We're missing Griffin, Adam's, carson, penny, Dorsett, Gordon. That's six great players not playing in the game last night. This is an amazing team when it's healthy.

PNW

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":3dsayve2 said:
Not gonna lie, I really miss Sherm. He was a d*ck but man, we need a d*ck right now.
..........That’s what she said!!!!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
There is no attitude on defense besides Adams!

I hate to say it but Wagner and Wright are not vocal leaders.

They are leaders by example and Wagner’s play has fallen.

KJ has had a better season.

And the rest of the guys on defense are fillers and not much else.

Without a “dog” out there on defense (Adams) we are not scaring or making anyone think twice about playing this defense.

I blame on failed defensive drafts in the 2-3 rounds for this regression.

Add to the fact that Norton cannot call games to save his life, this defense is the Achilles heal.

If the defense is a middle tier the offense can score more points and be even better but Carroll will not make any changes until the season is over, especially if he is willing to part ways with his defensive coordinator now.

He knows the defense blows and it is probably eating him alive knowing he has never had a defense this bad before.

This defense is atrocious at the NFL level.

At best, it is an elite college level defense, but definitely not NFL standards.

LTH

Reaction score
Again its all part of the process... Now we get to see how this team works through adversity... Tough loss... yes it was let's see how this team responds...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, and there is only ONE team in the entire league that hasn't lost a game. This team bounces back well, should be a really tough game on Sunday. Let's get that W.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
1 or 3 losses isn't an issue.

Nobody expects to go undefeated.

Hell, the Steelers are only undefeated due to a missed FG.

The problem with this loss is that we will likely see this repeat. Our DC is going to cost us games in the playoffs.

There is no solution, no roster improvement, or trade that will rectify it.

We went all on a season that we had no chance because of the coaching staff, and frustratingly, this is the year they took the wraps off Wilson and he has been spectacular. So it is a wasted, if not missed opportunity. Wilson could be amazing in the playoffs with any kind of coaching staff on the other side of the ball.

We would probably be a SB favorite even. But not now.