Teams Have Bad Games

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
We had a bad game, no doubt. I don’t read too much into it and we’ll be fine. We will beat AZ next week. Don’t trip and enjoy the Sunday Night game.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
A couple of bad breaks in this game.
The game was a lot closer than the score
Secondary isn't good enough to make up for sloppiness

Hawkpower

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1vgdpd3j said:
We had a bad game, no doubt. I don’t read too much into it and we’ll be fine. We will beat AZ next week. Don’t trip and enjoy the Sunday Night game.

Was bad in pretty much every way, including bad breaks that often go our way. And you are right these games happen.

I do think there is cause for some concern, but I do agree that they have the ability to flush this turd and bounce back next week.

Rat

Reaction score
Bad teams have many bad games. Like giving up 400+ yards passing and winning by only 1 against the 0-3 Bengals who were missing AJ Green and their starting LT against us.... at home.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Rat":1732s35d said:
Bad teams have many bad games. Like giving up 400+ yards passing and winning by only 1 against the 0-3 Bengals who were missing AJ Green and their starting LT against us.... at home.
The coaching decisions are what concerned me the most.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Let's see:

Coaching, Grade F
Running Back #32, Grade F
Stupid Penalties @ Stupid Times, Grade F
Thinking we somehow profit or get paid for unused timeouts before halftime, Grade F
Officiating, Grade F (3 defensive holding non-calls on the play Pete wasted a timeout challenging a PI call that was never PI, it was defensive holding, take your pick of any of the 3, STUPID).
O-Line, especially #65, Grade F

The only part of the game today that just didn't flat out suck was most of Russel's and the Defense's play, everything else just took a bloody vacation.

Flat out, we DESERVED to loose this game today, I just wish the score better reflected how bad we got beat.

12HF

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They didn't deserve to LOSE the game, they just gave it away. All in how you look at it I guess. But the lack of discipline was next level on Sunday.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Every time the team loses a game there is an unremitting stream of negativity from several of those fans who only noticed the bad things that happened in the game.

In case you negative folks failed to notice, the team had > 500 yards of offense. RW passed for 406 yards. It was
galactically terrible mistakes that undid and took away the team's chances of winning. Essentially the team by allowing a punt return for 67 yards, giving up a fumble for a TD, and taking a bad penalty after a successful 3rd down drive stop that then was converted into a TD; gave the Saints 21 easy points and had them in catch-up mode the rest of the game. To say the least it was a freaking awful show by the hawks infant of their faithful. The team tackled poorly, was unable to convert 4th and short situations that they had in the past been able to do, and took drive killing penalties, yet were within 6 points at the end of the game but couldn't get the comeback completed.

Was this on the coaching? I don't think so but they were part of it. However, they don't run the ball, tackle, catch passes, block the pass rushers, rush the passer. The play calling was good enough to create 515 yards of offense. Was it on the D? Perhaps in part, b/c they had no answers for Kamara all day. Was it on ST? I think so in part, b/c the missed tackles on that punt return were many. Mostly though, the team seemed complacent, made many critical mistakes and were unfocused upon changing the direction of the game and despite heroics from Wilson which often save the day it was an effort that was too little and too late. All of Pete's histrionics and rah, rah couldn't get the team to pull their heads out of their rears and with urgency take control of the game even though they controlled 32 1/2 minutes of the clock. While they did some things well they didn't do enough when it counted.

In another thread I said the team lost this game rather than NO winning it. While the final score made that loss obvious the team collectively had little impetus to seize the game, take control and simply beat NO in our house. There was this seeming expectation that RW would save the day and he almost did with not enough help from the rest of his team.

I agree the team had a bad game.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
The Pat's dont consistently lose to teams they should beat. Teddy F'n Bridgewater.

First series just punt.
Two consecutive series starting at the 2.
Fourth and short. Throw it 40 yards.
HERO BALL.

On the other side, screens against a team that chose not to tackle or cover the screen.

AND IT WAS STILL CLOSE.

Imagine if there was a plan.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We need a GOOD game. On the road, against a solid team with actual wins.

chris98251

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":2zov1nrj said:
The Pat's dont consistently lose to teams they should beat. Teddy F'n Bridgewater.

First series just punt.
HERO BALL.

On the other side, screens against a team that chose not to tackle or cover the screen.

AND IT WAS STILL CLOSE.

Didn't they lose to the Seahawks at home with a no name back running all over them?

John63

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":2rfik7gg said:

First series just punt.
HERO BALL.

AND IT WAS STILL CLOSE.

Its not hero ball, it PC ball.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BChawkfan":2qtfrbnw said:
A couple of bad breaks in this game.
The game was a lot closer than the score
Secondary isn't good enough to make up for sloppiness
Secondary? where was Ziggy, Why couldn't Clowney wrap up Kamara?....The Defensive FRONT had a SHIT Tackling, Lousy Quarterback Pressuring day....Secondary?!?!? :34853_doh:

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":d3wwahsf said:
NOLAHawk":d3wwahsf said:

First series just punt.
HERO BALL.

AND IT WAS STILL CLOSE.

Didn't they lose to the Seahawks at home with a no name back running all over them?

What, like three years ago?

chris98251

Reaction score
Rat":34phbnfw said:
chris98251":34phbnfw said:
NOLAHawk":34phbnfw said:

First series just punt.
HERO BALL.

AND IT WAS STILL CLOSE.

What, like three years ago?

He said the Pats don't lose to teams they should beat, I used us in their house with Procise as an example of yes they can.

AgentDib

Reaction score
No need to go back any further than the end of last season. The Patriots lost to a bad Dolphins team in one of their final regular season games and then went on to win the Superbowl. Variability is high in the NFL for every team, Patriots included.

Latest posts