Teddy Bridgewater

Smellyman

Reaction score
Erebus":15uz0c14 said:
IndyHawk":15uz0c14 said:
He'll be ok it's not life threatning.I'm sorry but it does make our road a little easier.This could happen to anybody and I'm happy it wasn't RW.

This actually makes our road harder. We don't play them this year, but the Cardinals and Panthers do and the Packers play them twice. We'll be competing with all three of those teams for playoff seeding.

Does it? As pointed out earlier, he threw for 14 td and 12 int as rook and 14 td and 9 int last year.

Sounds like a terrible injury and it sucks for him, but the Vikings will be just fine. Teddy seems like a backup qb to me.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Smellyman":2ecxpqe0 said:
Erebus":2ecxpqe0 said:
IndyHawk":2ecxpqe0 said:
He'll be ok it's not life threatning.I'm sorry but it does make our road a little easier.This could happen to anybody and I'm happy it wasn't RW.

This actually makes our road harder. We don't play them this year, but the Cardinals and Panthers do and the Packers play them twice. We'll be competing with all three of those teams for playoff seeding.

Does it? As pointed out earlier, he threw for 14 td and 12 int as rook and 14 td and 9 int last year.

Sounds like a terrible injury and it sucks for him, but the Vikings will be just fine. Teddy seems like a backup qb to me.

Bridgewater is one of those QBs where the stat line doesn't say the whole story IMHO. First, he has like a 65% career completion percentage after 2 years, which is pretty dang high (perhaps highest ever after first 2 years of a QB's career). Most rookies struggle to get to 60%, but he's very accurate. Second, with AP in the backfield and solid run game, he doesn't need to throw TDs. He also has Wilsoneque leadership skills. Guys been a winner since H.S. And finally, he's young. He's younger than Wentz....

We saw what a Christian Ponder Vikings teams can do (and he had some nice weapons around him).

Hill is 36 years old and isn't very good. Who knows, maybe they are the Broncos, but GB is probably licking their chops (as well as the Lions).

The wiseguys in Vegas moved their odds to win the SB from 20:1 to 30:1......

The only thing that would help is Glennon, but not sure the Bucs want to get rid of him. Glennon isn't a bad player IMHO.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Sad to hear this about Teddy. I have been following the Vikings for last several years and he has steadily progressed. He had some nice throws in the preseason games this year. Really seems like a class act and nice young man. Hope he recovers well and is ready for next season.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Devastating. That has to be one of the worst training camp/practice injuries on record. How the hell does someone wreck his knee so severely non-contact? Makes you wonder if you could just about do the same when, say in a big hurry, bending down to hoist the grass catcher bag from your lawn mower or carrying bags of heavy groceries over the dog up the stairs into the house.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Brutal for Teddy. Was a huge year for him to prove he was the guy for the Vikings. As stated, he needed to show additional progression and command of the offense. Now his next two seasons (and maybe even career) are in jeopardy, and he just won't even have the ability show what he can do.

He was somewhat middling his first two years, but I thought he had potential. Shame.

endzorn

Reaction score
I hate the Vikings, but you never want to see a young man suffer an injury of this magnitude.

If it's truly an injury that costs him more than one season then the Vikings will have a huge decision to make on his fifth year option. I think he has the potential to be a reliable starter, but this could force Minnesota to look for another QB to groom.

253hawk

Reaction score
Ruminator":1rb596g4 said:
Devastating. That has to be one of the worst training camp/practice injuries on record. How the hell does someone wreck his knee so severely non-contact? Makes you wonder if you could just about do the same when, say in a big hurry, bending down to hoist the grass catcher bag from your lawn mower or carrying bags of heavy groceries over the dog up the stairs into the house.

It's been a running joke for years about his 'skinny knees'. Guess it wasn't just a joke.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/460410340959088640[/tweet]

duckypoo

Reaction score
How bad was the injury? They mentioned that there wasn't arterial damage. That's "well, at least he didn't bleed out" bad.

How bad was the injury? During Mike Zimmer's press conference he brought up the day after his wife died. That's "at least the sun will rise tomorrow" bad.

These are not punchlines - sympathies to Teddy and the Viking's fan base.

kearly

Reaction score
Dislocated knee? Players vomited at the sight of it?

I'm guessing his knee bent backwards based on that.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
My wife is a die hard Vikings fan so I've watched Teddy play quite a bit. I like the kid, and hope he makes that full recovery.

Laloosh

Reaction score
kearly":3bp50saa said:

Googling "dislocated knee" is enough to clarify any confusion on the topic of people becoming ill at the sight. Can't imagine the pain level.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Laloosh":1ws1zeil said:
kearly":1ws1zeil said:

Googling "dislocated knee" is enough to clarify any confusion on the topic of people becoming ill at the sight. Can't imagine the pain level.

TB must have been wearing the equivalent of shorts with nothing covering his knees and shins. Injury in plain sight for all on the practice field to see.

rjdriver

Reaction score
This is very sobering. Brings to the forefront how quickly a teams fortune can change in an instant. I'm not as enamored with TB as others, but this breaks my heart. Although taboo to mention , I know every single one of us has feared waking up to a similar thread on our own QB.

Here's to enjoying a healthy Super Bowl caliber team again for the 5th year in a row. These truly are the golden years, we don't know how lucky we are.

rjdriver

Reaction score
This injury also means that the already run heavy Vikings are just going to give the ball to AP more. Not necessarily a bad thing. Can you say "stack the box".

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Really horrible for him and not great for the Vikes, but of all the good teams last year they relied less on their QB than anybody (yes, even the Broncos, for whom Manning despite not being able to throw was still calling plays and making a crapload of adjustments at the line; and yes even the Chiefs, who asked a bit more of Teddy Bridgewater 1.0 (aka Alex Smith) than the Vikes asked of Teddy).

Basically, now that Teddy's gone, if the Vikes are still good I think some people are going to talk about them as a "surprise" team, and they absolutely shouldn't.

Wartooth

Reaction score
If the Vikes can't run block, they're doomed...
As good as that defense appears to be, it won't matter if the offense is going 3 and out the whole game.
If they fall behind by more than 2 scores in any game, they are not coming back for the win.
These are things my brother, who is a lifelong Vikings fan said to me last night.
I can't really argue with his assessment.