TELLING IT LIKE IT IS

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ivotuk, I was thinking the same thing about the stop the ball and let someone else jump on it. I looked a couple of times at the replays and saw 2 hawks and one colt behind the slider. The one colt is what made me think a few times...then I took a thought and ran with it. The player did not have eyes and a glass shield behind his head so could not see what was behind him. Had to take it the way it is and do his best. I still think it was a TD tho. Just my opinion.
Den

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hoxrox":20etmk8r said:
ivotuk":20etmk8r said:
What I'm most upset about is our going away from the running game. Why? I think we would have won that game had we run it a lot more. It's the only thing our current line is capable of doing well, it protects Russell Wilson, it runs time off the clock and keeps Andrew Luck on the sideline, it wears out their defense and protects ours, and they could NOT stop it. So wth Pete? I know he was pushing Bevell last week I think it was to have Russell pass more but with this patchwork line? Why?

Yeah Lynch only carried it for what, 17 times? Should have carried 20-25 or at least put in Michael who can get some explosive plays for us. Turbin isn't getting it done. Their defense was getting tired, and got second wind once momentum shifted.

Wilson doesn't need to carry the offense on his shoulders every week. People are expecting a lot from him but he's still a second year quarterback. Lean on the ground game more (like SF is doing with Kaep) until the o-line gets healthy or show that they can pass protect.

Has very little to do with RW's second-year status. He's well ahead of he curve in that regard. If he could get anything close to adequate protection on a regular bases, he's more than capable of putting the team on his shouders. The Hawk's run blocking is better than their pass pro for sure, but it's still really inconsistent; especially when our FB is blocking. Getting solid performance from our OL would solve most of our issues on O and stop a lot of misdirected player hate for sure.

Veilside

Reaction score
THE TABS":tqq6mdat said:
I had high hopes for Luke Willson; I was hoping for Jimmy Graham, but he's John Carlson instead.

Think it's a little too early to give up on Willson just yet.

Rookie Jimmy Graham:
356 yards, 31 recs, 23.7 y/g, 5 TDs in 15 games

Rookie Luke Willson (on pace for after 15 games)
312 yards, 21 recs, 20.8 y/g, 0 TDs

Obviously Graham looks ahead (even though he had 0 yards after playing in 4 out of first 5 games) but Willson isn't really that far behind except for TDs and 4 of Grahams 5 TDs came in the last 3 games of the reg season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkboi":27a83aul said:
I will stick with my guns on this one... We should have and could have won the game.... The Ref's pulled the cord against the Hawks.... Changed the momentum and the outcome!!! Glad we're back in Seattle next week...
This x 2
+, Good to hear from you again, TABS.

RiverHawk

Reaction score
Shazam, nice post. I thought the third down conversion rate was the main contribution to our loss. Also, the two key plays Safety instead of a TD and the blocked FG for a TD were such momentum changers.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I could think of a dozen posters I hope never come back. Only a few I would be happy to see in these forums after a long absence.

Welcome back TABS!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ivotuk":1od6vml8 said:
........I'm curious about 2 things if anyone had the chance to review them, somebody on some audio or something said that Russell got clocked pretty good" on the last play of the game but I couldn't tell from the DVR. It was "slightly" after he released the ball so that parts iffy but it looked like the player really laid in to him.

The other was the punt block/safety. I thought it was close and could easily see how a referee thought the ball moved as JJ slid out of bounds. I really wish he would have batted it backwards and in fact that's what I was thinking as he ran after it. The safety was all but guaranteed, you've got several Seahawks behind you, bat the ball backwards.

I saw the last play of the game from field level facing Russ on ESPN late last night (Sportsnation IIRC) and he got absolutely pasted on the play. Player led with his shoulder (#53 on the Colts) and it didn't seem late to me.

Good point on batting the ball back man. I never thought of that.