Tentative tackling head2head penalty avoidance?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Watched the game on my DVR, and saw a couple of tentative tackles, the worst of which was Barton's missed tackle.

It looked like several of the players were trying to hard to keep their head out of the tackle, and avoid what happened to Diggs, being disqualified from the game and getting fined.

The disqualification of Diggs was BS, as was the helmet to helmet call on Diggs AGAIN in the Miami game. Luckily it was offsetting penalties, but that BS had to effect the thinking of the rest of the defensive players!

Another point that i wanted to make, is that without the defenses 2 INTs, we might have lost that game! Those 2 INTs, one which gave the offense a short field, turned in to 14 points. Without those 14 points, we lose, 17 - 23.

Benson Mayowa, Cody Barton, and Ryan Neal were responsible for the first INT. Mayowa pressured Fitzpatrick, Cody Barton tipped the ball up in the air, and Ryan finished the play off with a gift for the offense.

'Quille Griffin got the 2nd, and KJ flirted with 2 or 3 more. Imagine if he would have gotten the two that hit his hands? That would have been 4 INTs.

I'm optimistic about this defense, especially with Snacks Harrison in the fold, and if Quentin Dunbar plays. He's had his hands on a couple of "almosf" INTs.

Snacks is going to be a big deal for us because Reed and Poona are playing way too many snaps and getting worn down. I think Wyman said about 65% for both of those guys. They won't have any success making plays if they're worn out.